Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so since we are talking about bones, thought I'd send you guys what has become a good laugh. I was being a good girl doing my monthly self breast exam and freaked out because I felt a huge lump at the top of my right breast. Did the other side, and while I felt something similar didn't feel like it was as big. I know the whole, if it's symetrical than it's normally nothing, but for the next few days I kept checking, it was still there and I kept freaking myself out, so I made an appointment with my GYN to be on the safe side. Now keep in mind, this is the doctor who told me I needed to have this surgery to save my life. He came in, asked me where I felt the lump, etc, checked him self and I saw him start smiling. Yep, it was my breast bone. I'd had so much extra fat/skin, I'd never felt it before. He was kind enough to give me my copay back (I love this guy) and just continued to tell me how proud he was of me (for doing my monthly checks as well as losing the weight). A little scary for a little while...a little funny now :unsure:

It would be really nice to see a lot of the orginal Junies post on our thread for their bandiversarys. Maybe they lurk?????? and will post. It would be great.

Allie...not quite sure how to take the DH being a "bone" man! Congrats on enjoying feeling your own bones. I know that I every once in awhile will find myself feeling my hip bones.

Let's see if we can find a way in the next couple of weeks to get some of the Junies back to this thread. Anyone have a good list of some of the regulars from back then. We could mayb PM some of them?

Could we go back to the list Snuggie made? That may be a start...just an idea :unsure:

Ok, so since we are talking about bones, thought I'd send you guys what has become a good laugh. I was being a good girl doing my monthly self breast exam and freaked out because I felt a huge lump at the top of my right breast. Did the other side, and while I felt something similar didn't feel like it was as big. I know the whole, if it's symetrical than it's normally nothing, but for the next few days I kept checking, it was still there and I kept freaking myself out, so I made an appointment with my GYN to be on the safe side. Now keep in mind, this is the doctor who told me I needed to have this surgery to save my life. He came in, asked me where I felt the lump, etc, checked him self and I saw him start smiling. Yep, it was my breast bone. I'd had so much extra fat/skin, I'd never felt it before. He was kind enough to give me my copay back (I love this guy) and just continued to tell me how proud he was of me (for doing my monthly checks as well as losing the weight). A little scary for a little while...a little funny now :unsure:

OMG Iteach...I did something similar a few months ago. Woke at 3am to pee and when got back to bed decided to do my exam. Kept feeling and feeling and fretting and fretting. Had DH feel in the morning and it was the tip of a rib or something. Anyway, it was a boner. I think I laid awake till morning and my head was racing and was positive I had breast cancer. Self-diognosed all within a three hour period. DH had always said that I missed my true career. Says I should put ads in newpapers and worry for hire.

What a great guy your doc is for giving you back your co-pay. What a guy and what a silly girl you are!

Yep, I'd pretty much done the same thing...decided I'd worked so hard the last year to only end up with breast cancer at 29. What a relief. I feel a little better that you had a similar experience. I felt a tad bit like an idiot when I left, but as he said, always better to be safe than sorry :unsure:

I find myself feeling bones too. I notice new ones all the time. Too funny.

As for the list of Junies, we had that original June thread where CathyChatts kept track of all of our surgery dates, everyone that had June dates should be in there if it's still on here.

Lol.. you guys crack me up.. Jennifer and apples thank goodness you both are ok! It's so funny though.. Lol apples he is a bone man now.. :laugh: I swear I am going to end up with something broken, it's like being newlyweds again!! I am sure loving life. :)

I have a feeling I am going to have to have some of my fill taken out. I am losing really fast still and I am not pb'ing but I'm really not eating. I got on the scale today and shockingly had lost another 2 pounds! Exciting but shocking. I think with being so active and really not eating I am in a really fast metabolism stage right now. As soon as I hit goal if I continue to lose I will get a little out. :unsure:

Have a great day junies!~ Let's find all those mia Junies!

Yep Allie...keep an eye on too much of a loss. That's what happened to me. I was not even close to being too filled though. Metabolism just really kicked in without me realizing it. You're doing great but you gotta eat. Eventually things will catch up with you and don't want to see you feeling crappy down the road a bit. Just make sure you take all your Vitamins and that you get sit down to good, healthy meals. I guess I can say that even with the added weightloss, I never did feel icky cuz I never missed a meal.

Off to the lake till Tuesday. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning Junies!

Ok, I have a question, and I'm not sure anyone will see this in time, so it's ok if you don't!

I'm having my FIRST FILL today! Wow, nearly a year from my first band! ;-)

My question for my Junie big sisters is, can I eat before I get the fill, or is it better to go on liquids from this morning? My fill isn't until 1pm, so I could have Breakfast and lunch before if that's ok. My surgeon does all fills under floroscopy.

I'll probably go poke around some of the other boards and see if anyone else has asked this.

Thanks again! I don't know what I'd do without you guys!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Good morning Junies!

Ok, I have a question, and I'm not sure anyone will see this in time, so it's ok if you don't!

I'm having my FIRST FILL today! Wow, nearly a year from my first band! ;-)

My question for my Junie big sisters is, can I eat before I get the fill, or is it better to go on liquids from this morning? My fill isn't until 1pm, so I could have breakfast and lunch before if that's ok. My surgeon does all fills under floroscopy.

I'll probably go poke around some of the other boards and see if anyone else has asked this.

Thanks again! I don't know what I'd do without you guys!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

I eat up to 2 hours before my fill appt. This is just me because I figure that the food will have emptied out of my stomache by then. That way if my fill is super tight I wont struggle with the food in there..

I'm always told to have a "light" breakfast early in the morning, but that the stomach should be fairly empty when you get your fill.

Once again I disappeared for awhile...I don't remember how much I've posted about my current predicament, but I had 3 fills so far. I felt a little bit of restriction after my first two fills that lasted a week and three weeks (respectively), but I didn't feel ANYTHING after my last fill. Eesh. I'm up to 4 ccs in a 10 or 14cc band. I finally get to have another fill on June 3rd though. So maybe I'll actually have REAL restriction before my bandiversary. I'm getting really annoyed that I can't break the 40-pound mark before my bandiversary, when I had originally hoped to lose 150 lbs. in my first year.

Hunzi ~ I trypically eat nothing 2 hours prior...good luck with your first fill.

Angel ~ I can't recall if there were issues which is why you only have had 3 fills/4cc's. If not, I'd get on your drs. case. Good for you for hanging in there. I've had so many fills and one unfill that I've lost count. I believe I got 4cc's by my first fill and I currently have 7-7.5 in a 10cc band.

I'm heading to the cottage this afternoon for the weekend and may just stay for the week. Summer temps have finally arrived in MI, been in the 80's most of the week and mid 70's for this weekend and no rain! Can't ask for more than that.

Apples ~ There was a list kept by Snuffy or the one Cathy had too. Would be nice to hear from everyone.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend!

Hunzi, My instructions are no solid foods 2 hours before a fill, so lunch might need to be extra early if you get a fill at 1pm.

Angel, why so few fills? I hope you get the restriction you need with this next one. I have over 10cc's in a 14cc band. The amount of the fill is unimportant as we are all different, it's taken me a lot of fills to get and then to keep my restriction.

I am debating about having half of what they took out on my unfill a month ago. I feel I am just able to eat too much (more than I have for most of this year) but am afraid of getting reflux issues agian, but if I do, guess I can always have it taken back out. And I haven't lost much this month. What I did lose has found it's way back, I've just been up and down the same 3 to 4 lbs. I am only down about 2 for the month. But am getting ever so close to goal too so maybe this is normal???

Hey guys.. Just had to jump in here.. June 20 will be my 1-year "bandiversary" and I have only had 2 fills.. have 2.4 cc in a 10 cc band. But I have an appointment for a 3rd fill on June 19. I still have some restriction though. My doc told me I would probably never reach even half of the capacity of the band. As stated so many times, it is an individual thing. Good luck to all of you! and hope to see less of you soon!

Edited by luckyfive101

Teach: You look fabulous. I've actually seen a few pics of me lately that don't look half bad. You are beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Teach: You look fabulous. I've actually seen a few pics of me lately that don't look half bad. You are beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much :lol: