Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2024 Surgery Buddies?

48 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

I had a nice trip to Nantucket for the Daffodil festival this weekend. Lots of meals out. I had chicken teriyaki, poached eggs and kielbasa, smoked bluefish pate, mozzarella and beet salad, and scallops with bacon among other things. Got in lots of walking. Weight was unchanged this morning, but I'm curious if that is a mix of not enough Water and too much salt from so many restaurant meals. So we'll see what a couple days of regular routine does for me. I'm grateful I have had no issues with foods for almost 2 weeks now. Hoping that means my stomach is finally healing properly.

That sounds like a great trip all around!

Im in a stall too 99.7kg so annoying. I must confess i had a unhealthy relationship with my scales and the non movement does my head in.

Now i only weigh myself on Wednesday so if its good news I'm happy and if not good news (like my current stall) then i tell myself theres always next week.

On 4/28/2024 at 6:48 AM, BlueParis said:

I think I'm stalling again. It's making me angsty. I know it's expected but it just makes me feel so insecure and down. having trouble coping with the stall. I'm quite down. That and the non stop rain and grey skies.

I'm on a three week stall in weight. I'll weigh twice a week. I'll be down a pound or two. The next time I weigh. I'll be up a pound or two. Just hovers. I think im stalling because of my daily workout, the victory on the scale isn't happening to my liking. But overall I do feel better. Next week is my 3 month post-op appointment. Hopefully the blood tests reveal why I've been so exhausted. Just keep plugging away, it's a marathon. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

2022 Pic and recent Pic.

Screenshot_20240430_055855_Facebook.jpg

20240429_210120.jpg

Posted (edited)

@RonHall908 Wow, what a difference in your face! That is just a night and day transformation. Well done!

I've pretty much been stalled the past couple of weeks. Down 1/2 lb, up 1/2 lb. Infuriating. An interesting thing to note is that I'm right at the weight I managed to hit about 7 years ago during my last really serious successful attempt at weight loss. Going back over my records, the lowest I hit was 203.8 after about 9 months of nutrition counseling and regular daily exercise. After that, it was a long plateau and a slow and steady climb back up. Lo and behold, I am at 203.8 again. It makes me wonder if my body has some reason it wants to stall out at this weight, which hopefully the surgery will eventually win out over.

Or the universe just wants to mess with me because I'm an ounce away from lowest weight in over 20 years, 1 lb away from my half-way weight loss goal milestone, and 3.9 lbs away from onederland. So what a great time to stall and stew! I almost kicked my scale this morning.

Edited by NickelChip

16 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

@RonHall908 Wow, what a difference in your face! That is just a night and day transformation. Well done!

I've pretty much been stalled the past couple of weeks. Down 1/2 lb, up 1/2 lb. Infuriating. An interesting thing to note is that I'm right at the weight I managed to hit about 7 years ago during my last really serious successful attempt at weight loss. Going back over my records, the lowest I hit was 203.8 after about 9 months of nutrition counseling and regular daily exercise. After that, it was a long plateau and a slow and steady climb back up. Lo and behold, I am at 203.8 again. It makes me wonder if my body has some reason it wants to stall out at this weight, which hopefully the surgery will eventually win out over.

Or the universe just wants to mess with me because I'm an ounce away from lowest weight in over 20 years, 1 lb away from my half-way weight loss goal milestone, and 3.9 lbs away from onederland. So what a great time to stall and stew! I almost kicked my scale this morning.

I'm in the same waist size jeans that I was in 2004. My belly will be the last to go since that's primarily where a lot of my weight was. Side pucker was about 3 weeks ago. The stalls just seem to be there as a test. 20240427_130847.thumb.jpg.60a6b8445d80e8b2eafa7e2b8b641a45.jpg

@RonHall908 You look amazing!!!

NickelChip, I had a similar experience about 5 years ago. I got down to 202 pounds and couldn't get under 200. Then, I started to gain weight and, over the next few years, reached my highest weight. I am hoping to push under 200 without a big stall, but if it does happen, I'm going to fight hard to not let it mess with my mind!

I find it interesting that so many of us are stalling at the same time. It makes me think this is a normal pattern after surgery. So far, I've been steadily losing weight —even if it's a pound a week. I'm guessing I'm going to be stalling sometime soon, too. This is when we have to look at the NSV's (Non-scale victories)... Ron's pictures for example!!

Hang in there everyone!

1 hour ago, LisaCaryl said:

@RonHall908 You look amazing!!!

Thank you!

@RonHall908 you look fantastic! Go you! What a difference - you allready look like a new man and so much younger!

Im still stalled, but really glad to have you all here, it does help and is making me feel less alone with the struggle of the stall. On the upside I’m in Barcelona for work and finally have a blue sky for the first time since I got back from Eygpt! That’s helping my morale! I have the day of because it’s May Day Labor Day so I’m about to go and visit the Miró Fondation. Also yesterday I was 74 days since surgery and I reset all my step counters at surgery… I’ve done 802 388 steps since which works out at an honorable average of 10 800 and some steps per day or 7.35 km or 4.56 miles a day … and that I’m proud of because walking isn’t always the easiest for me!

23 minutes ago, BlueParis said:

@RonHall908 you look fantastic! Go you! What a difference - you allready look like a new man and so much younger!

Im still stalled, but really glad to have you all here, it does help and is making me feel less alone with the struggle of the stall. On the upside I’m in Barcelona for work and finally have a blue sky for the first time since I got back from Eygpt! That’s helping my morale! I have the day of because it’s May Day Labor Day so I’m about to go and visit the Miró Fondation. Also yesterday I was 74 days since surgery and I reset all my step counters at surgery… I’ve done 802 388 steps since which works out at an honorable average of 10 800 and some steps per day or 7.35 km or 4.56 miles a day … and that I’m proud of because walking isn’t always the easiest for me!

Thank you for the kind words!
I'm a little jealous that you get to travel to so many great places. Sure it's for work, but just to see it sounds amazing. I've never travelled outside of the states yet. Something I need to checkoff.
My Dad was stationed in Germany when he was in the Military and had some great stories going on leave to Barcelona.
You have done a great job walking. Keep it up.

@BlueParis Excellent job on the daily steps!

I'm happy to say the scale finally shifted today to 203.0, so I can officially say I am halfway between my highest weight (which was last summer) and my goal weight. 48lbs lost and 48lbs to go!

This is also now officially the lowest weight I've been in over 20 years.

I bobbed above 200 lbs a few times in my 20s, but mostly was steady at around 190-195lbs, until I started dating my (soon to be ex) husband. I was 28 at the time, and we went out to a lot of restaurants, ordering starters, Desserts, and cocktails along with meals. By the time my 29th birthday rolled around, I was over 200lbs and I never saw the 190s again. I kind of feel like all of these pounds I've lost so far are like symbolically shedding the bad years I went through in my 30s and 40s and getting back to being myself and reclaiming my life as I start a new decade.

@RonHall908 you look amazing!! What a difference. I didn’t take any pics before because I hated pictures so much. My kids had snuck a few and it seemed they were always the side pics that showed all my extra chins 🤦‍♀️ I hid from the camera. I’m feeling like I’m making progress but still hiding from the camera because I fear it will knock me backwards in how I feel I’m progressing.

5 hours ago, Noelle74 said:

@RonHall908 you look amazing!! What a difference. I didn’t take any pics before because I hated pictures so much. My kids had snuck a few and it seemed they were always the side pics that showed all my extra chins 🤦‍♀️ I hid from the camera. I’m feeling like I’m making progress but still hiding from the camera because I fear it will knock me backwards in how I feel I’m progressing.

Thank you!
I was the same about taking pictures, since I had gained a lot of weight over the years. I didn't like my picture being taken. I deleted a lot of them a few months ago. If I run across some pictures from 2016 when I was at my highest weight, I'll post. Those pics are very few, I was 454 lbs. and I didn't want any taken.
I thought I would feel different by posting my pictures. I have to admit, It has made me feel better showing them. I'll post more pictures as I progress.
From what everyone has posted, it doesn't seem like anyone is going backwards with the progress with weight loss. If anything, like myself, the progress seems slow. But, it's still progressing in the positive.

Posted (edited)

On 4/30/2024 at 7:32 AM, NickelChip said:

Thank you!
I thought I had already responded to your post. Apparently I didn't hit submit reply. As I've mentioned in other post's. My weight has been stalled. However I weighed today and I'm down 4 lbs. I'm at 245 lbs. I'm not sure if the scale is playing with me or not. So I'm going to wait a few days before testing it out again. My biggest progress that I see is in my clothes. I'm in pant sizes that I haven't been in since 2002.
The other big plus I see with you and everyone else. We've just started this journey. In the next 6 months all of us will look dramatically different. I intend to post more pictures along the way. I hope everyone else does as well. Your progress pics look great. The progress is real and will only get better. I wish you and everyone else the best with progress to your goal. 😃

Edited by RonHall908

Two mos post op 4/29. I feel like the loss is slowing down. Since surgery Im down 33 lbs. I weigh weekly and in the beginning it was 5 lbs down,etc. Now its 1.5 down or sometimes just the same. Im taking in anywhere from 750-950 calories a day, usually toward the lower side, eating 100 grams sometimes more Protein and being very careful, I always prioritize protein. Also Im walking 30 min 4/5x a week. Any advice? Just keep on and trust the process?