Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, way to much for me to try to reply to everyone. But just let me say WOW!! Everyone is doing great! There is so much happiness and good vibes coming out of this board. You have no idea how happy I am for everyone's success.

Isn't great to be loving life again? It is just wonderful.

Love you all,

Lucy

Strike, Congrats on the new job!! That'll teach your boss for transferring you and cutting your pay. What goes around comes around, too bad if she's upset, you are going to better things.

Cathy, so great to see you again, now don't you go disappearing again! Would love to see pics but I'm not on Facebook.

Just got home from my volunteering at the hospital. And.....guess who they asked to train to become a support group leader??? I'm scared to death yet excited at the same time. The formal training isn't til Oct. but I will be doing some sort of online training via Obesity Help in the meantime. Not sure when I will start. We have 2 leaders at my group. We meet every other week and it's a different leader on the 1st week than it is the 3rd week. Well the 1st week leader had to step down. So......will keep you posted. It's for byapss and band and they also want me to observe some more surgeries! That sounds exciting, I really enjoyed it when I did observe the band surgery last fall.

:)

Strike, Congrats on the new job!! That'll teach your boss for transferring you and cutting your pay. What goes around comes around, too bad if she's upset, you are going to better things.

Cathy, so great to see you again, now don't you go disappearing again! Would love to see pics but I'm not on Facebook.

Just got home from my volunteering at the hospital. And.....guess who they asked to train to become a support group leader??? I'm scared to death yet excited at the same time. The formal training isn't til Oct. but I will be doing some sort of online training via Obesity Help in the meantime. Not sure when I will start. We have 2 leaders at my group. We meet every other week and it's a different leader on the 1st week than it is the 3rd week. Well the 1st week leader had to step down. So......will keep you posted. It's for byapss and band and they also want me to observe some more surgeries! That sounds exciting, I really enjoyed it when I did observe the band surgery last fall.

congrats long that is soooo awesome!!!!

Congrats girl!!! That is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)

Long ~ how exciting, good for you. I put volunteer applications in for two hospital today. Figure I should be contributing some how to society while I'm out of a job.

Cathy ~ Was so nice to hear from you. You sound like me with all of the remodeling. Seems I finish one room and then I start all over again. I love it and have thought about going into it as a business, but timing right now is not so good with the economy.

Strike Congratulation on the job!

Hi! Lucy

Iteach ~ Great job on the weight loss, keep up the good work!

Hi Allie!

Hunzi how are you feeling?

Apples ~ Did you pick out that tanning bed? I'm so jealous. Enjoy the lake this weekend. We are headed back up this weekend, weather will be 68 all weekend. Time to get that boat in the Water. I'm hoping I can actually get back to water skiing this year. I have truly missed it. I have not had enough strength in my arms to lift my fat a$$ out of the water the past few years. Have been lifting weights to build those arm muscles back up and hoping being 75 pounds lighter will do the trick. I have felt so left out of the party the past few years. There are about 6 couples on our lake that go skiing together every morning and evening, we even have a slalom course on the lake. Any way I was the only one that no longer participated, hoping to join back in this summer.

I went for a vigorous 5 mile walk today, my legs are so sore right now and going to soak in the hot tub.

Everyone have a great evening.

Well my week of doctors appointments is over :) I had a fill today. They put 5.8cc's back in. I hate being on liquids, but oh well :sad: Only tonight and tomorrow. I saw my OBGYN today as well. He is the one last year who told me I needed to do something and referred me to my surgeon. He was so proud of me. It's such a good feeling. Well I have the girl's coming over for Bunco tonight...alcohol is a liquid...right?!?! Haha! Don't think I should do too much drinking with out anything on my stomach :) Have a great evening and weekend everyone!

Jennifer

Hey Junies..

So, the past couple of days have been tough.. my hubby just found out that his job is being eliminated. We don't know exactly when but it is coming. His boss said they are trying to get him another position but there is no guarantee. With me going to part time and now this, I am stressing out. I know it will be ok. I have faith.

I hope all of you Junies are doing good. I didn't have a chance to read any posts so forgive me if I miss something.

Have a great weekend! xoxo

Wow, Teach! Thats quite a fill. Be careful for a day or so, till you get used to it. Hope you have great restriction from that.

Allie, So sorry to hear hubby is losing his job. I sure know what that feels like. But I am a firm believer that bad news turns to good. I got downsized last august, and now I am starting a new job next month that pays as good or maybe a little better than the one I lost. Something will turn up for him too. Keep the faith!

HI!

I am feeling fantastic!

I went back to work this week. I sort of eased into things last week, but this week I have 5 appointments up so far. I had a skin care class last night, a facial today, two facials tomorrow, and a facial up for Tuesday, and a double skin care class up for next Saturday (two hostesses).

It feel so good to work!

food wise, I was given the go ahead to move up to mushies, and then move on to normal foods as I tolerated them. So far I'm doing great.

I'm probably eatting too much! (Or at least it seems like it.) Yesterday I had a seriously hungry day. I even stopped at Sonic and got a jr burger with my DD. I ate that and 4 tater tots. Then I felt better.

Weight wise, I've hit a holding pattern for a few days. I actually forgot to check this morning because my bathroom is in total chaos! My DH is replacing ALL the plumbing in the house, because we live in an old house that had 80yr old galvanized pipes and they were all clogged. They were so gross! I can't believe I've been cooking and bathing in that for years! Ewww! (Drinking Water has been bottled for a long time because I hated the taste.) So think happy thoughts for me, because sponge bath and flushing toilets with 5 gal buckets of water gets old very fast! ;-) I might have to go rent a hotel room this weekend just to get a decent shower!

Always ;-)

Hunzi/Joann

Allie,

Hang in there! I'll be praying for you and your DH.

I know what you're going through. My DH lost his job in January. He has always had a 2nd job, and they took him on full time after he was laid off, but now he only makes less than half what he did before.

Even with all that, I know we're blessed. I'm fortunate that with my Mary Kay business, all I needed to do was choose to kick it up a few notches and I can help make up the lost income. And the Lord is answering my prayers for my DH, because he has finally realized that he has to do something about his weight. He's scheduled to see the surgeon next week and he's already approved by our insurance, so hopefully, he'll be banded next month. This is a HUGE relief for me, because one of my biggest reasons for being banded was to be an example for him, and to be sure I was healthy so I could take care of our kids if he didn't do something, because I was fairly certain I would be a widow in the next five years otherwise.

So sometimes we don't know exactly how God is planning to answer our prayers. I wouldn't have guessed my DH would have to lose his job in order to take better care of himself, (and fix our house), but that's what has been needed.

You just need to trust. One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11, "For know that I have plans for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, and to give you a future full of hope."

Always ;-)

Hunzi/Joann

Allie,

Hang in there! I'll be praying for you and your DH.

I know what you're going through. My DH lost his job in January. He has always had a 2nd job, and they took him on full time after he was laid off, but now he only makes less than half what he did before.

Even with all that, I know we're blessed. I'm fortunate that with my Mary Kay business, all I needed to do was choose to kick it up a few notches and I can help make up the lost income. And the Lord is answering my prayers for my DH, because he has finally realized that he has to do something about his weight. He's scheduled to see the surgeon next week and he's already approved by our insurance, so hopefully, he'll be banded next month. This is a HUGE relief for me, because one of my biggest reasons for being banded was to be an example for him, and to be sure I was healthy so I could take care of our kids if he didn't do something, because I was fairly certain I would be a widow in the next five years otherwise.

So sometimes we don't know exactly how God is planning to answer our prayers. I wouldn't have guessed my DH would have to lose his job in order to take better care of himself, (and fix our house), but that's what has been needed.

You just need to trust. One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11, "For know that I have plans for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, and to give you a future full of hope."

Always ;-)

Hunzi/Joann

Hey Joann..

It's so weird you put that scripture in your post. I have that scripture pinned up on my desk at work. It amazes me how God works. For years we have said that we wanted to move out of Connecticut, but we both had such great paying jobs it would be tough to leave.. well, now with me part time and down about 20 grand a year and Danny's job in jeopardy, we talked today about maybe this is God's plan to give us the push to move. So my hubby is looking for a job in North Carolina or Virginia. If it is God's plan we will be out of here! I would stay until our youngest daughter Jenna graduated from high school next year but then she is off for college. This maybe the door God opened for us. So I am excited that maybe this is what we had wanted all along.

I am so glad your hubby is on his way to getting banded!! Great job Joann!!!!! xoxo

Teach, glad you are getting filled up again. Hope it is going well for you.

Hunzi, what a different experience this time around huh? Glad it is going so well for you and glad you stayed with us Junies!

Allie, sorry to hear about your hubby's job, he must be a great guy! He has the same name as my hubby! Good luck with your possible move plans.

We have had a wet wet couple of days. Luckily it mostly fell in rain by my house. They said we'd have a couple inches of rain or a couple feet of snow depending on the elevation and temperature. I'm further east of Denver on the plains more or less so our's was in rain. But many parts of the city got much snow. But we warm up tomorrow and the rest of the week should be 70+ so things should really green up.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Crazy busy here on the farm getting ready for spring planting.

Hunzi...happy to hear you are back at work and in the real world again. It's been a long haul for you and you deserve some normalcy in your life. Sounds like you have been extremely busy with your Mary Kay business. Way to go, girl! Wish we could all get together and have a Mary Kay party. I'll host!!!

Remodeling sucks. We remodeled our main floor 8 yrs ago. Lived in the basement for about 4 months. Basement in the winter with snow covering the windows tends to be depressing.

Strike...can't remember if I said anything to you on the new job but congrats! Proof that good things do happen even after the drama you had with your job a few months ago. Way to go!!!!!

Allie....so sorry to hear about DH's job. Try to stay positive (as you always are) and wait for things to fall into place. I'll be thinking of you.

You want to talk about shrinking????????????? I was 5'8" in HS and now 5'6.5". And, I swear my bones measure a lot smaller. Guess that just comes with age.

Teach....Congrats on the weight loss!!! Way to go!!!. 136# was my goal and my doc was fine with that. Heck, he's fine with where I am now cuz he knows I eat healthy and am really trying to get back to my goal weight.

VZ........no tanning bed yet. I have looked for a few months. Either they are really expensive or they are made cheaply. I will find what I want if I am patient.

Did not make it to the lake. Will go up tomorrow. Cold and windy here today and did not want to have to drive back at 5 in the morning to see our National Guards unit off to Iraq. My son left with the unit in 2004. He is out now but lots of his friends are going. Those kids are special to us and want them to know we support them. If you can all say a little prayer tonight in hopes that we get them all back this time. We are missing three of my DS's buddies from the last stint over there.

Have everything packed up and ready to go. Going to the lake is everything to us. We work hard but take time to play. Love the campfires, weekends when everyone is there, week days when I have my quite time to read, cross stitch, etc. If you guys remember from last season, I spend at least 4-5 days a week up there. Come home and work like an idiot just so I can get back up there. It's so peaceful and gets me away from the farm stress. I cook ahead so my guys are taken care of and when they are in the fields, I am home to take care of them.

Hope you had a great weekend at the lake, VZ!

Long...congrats on the support group thing. You were talking about Gap. They don't make jeans that fit me. But, I did find Nine West in longs that fit like a glove. Love the midrise and need the slim fit cuz I have such skinny legs. I found a pair in a dept. store (they only had one pair) and then came home and ordered two other colors from Nine West online.

CATHYCHATTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to hear from you! Sounds like your life is full and you are living life to the fullest with all your BF's. Enjoy! Emailed you a b/4 and after. The after is 15-20lbs ago. Need to have DH take one this weekend for a testimonial I am doing for doc's office.

Better get back after it. Need to load my truck yet so I am ready to head out to the lake after brunch tomorrow. One of my good friend's son is leaving on the bus for Iraq tomorrow and having their family and friends out after the bus leaves. I remember the feeling. Not good and nice to have friends to talk to and cry with.

Well everything is going fine so far after my big ole' fill on Friday. I started soft foods today and have done fine so far. One more day of soft foods then it's back to normal :thumbup:

Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands job. It's so hard to remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle...especially in a situation like this. If you move to VA, what part are you thinking about moving to? I'd love it if you were close!!

Joann, I'm so glad things are going well for you this time around! Sounds like your Mary Kay is going as well as my Pampered Chef. Don't you love setting your schedule :thumbup: :)

I have a super busy week this week and want to attempt to start walking/running in the afternoons. It's supposed to rain the next three days though which are the only three days this week I have time after work. Oh well :blink: I'll make it all work! Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!

Jennifer