Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! It's been a crazy week (as it looks like it's been for all of us :(). Allie, congrats on playing softball and for just going! That is awesome!!! I'd love to play a team sport. I have been overweight my whole like (since I was born :)), so I never played anything. Maybe I'll see what's going on around here and try to get involved. We'll have to see if I can take the plunge.

Long and Apples, I too am so looking forward to summer! It will be the first summer that I'm not completely embarassed in a bathing suit. I'm planning several trips with friends to the beach and can't wait!!

Hunzi, sounds like things are going well. Don't get discouraged!! Once you get your fill, it will help!

I've got a fun weekend planned, dinner and shopping tomorrow night with my best friend (her husband is keeping their kids :)), outlet shopping on Saturday and then a Pampered Chef show on Sunday. Only 6 more weeks of school...I can make it :) :)

Hi Junies,

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Its been cloudy and rainy here for the last week but not too cold. Typical spring, I guess. I sure would like to see more sunshine, tho! I had another fill last week, a small one. For the first time I actually had gained at the docs office:angry:! She wouldnt say how much, 'just a bit.' So I am working on that. I hadn't been drinking enough Water (and getting leg cramps because of that) but I am doing better now. I also hadn't been working out because of a shoulder problem but I went back a few days ago....and overdid it!:) Lesson learned is..I can't start back up doing 100 crunches and not be in agony for a few days later! But I can move again now and will go back to the gym today.

I did some major shopping last weekend and for the first time in years, bought a belt! I am sort of between sizes on pants and got tired of always pulling them back up every time I stand up. I got an XL and got it home, tried it on and hey! I could pull it in quite a bit! I could have probably gotten a Large size.

Any plans for mothers day coming up? I am going to drive up to see my girls friday night and sunday we are all, I hope going to get my mom and take her out to lunch. It gets harder now that the kids are so busy but I worry about them not seeing their grandma very often...she's gettin old!

Ah well, have a great weekend, Junies. Can you believe we are almost at our year bandiversary!!!!

I was looking for some place to post what I did today. So here it goes for whoever looks at it. Today I took my kids for a three mile hike then we swam for about an hour. I love my new self and what I will do now. I say will not can because I have always been able to be active, just never motivated.

I do need help though, I do not know how to put my ticker on here. If someone who reads this has time please let me know. Thank you.

Where have all the June bugs gone? Out enjoying spring and life in their new bodies??

Just checking in before I leave on my trip. We leave in the morning and I am so excited, already I hardly slept last night. Got lots of new clothes to pack!

My parents left yesterday and the 100th bday party for my Grandma went wonderfully. She really enjoyed it. My daughter scanned tons of old photos from her scrap books and did a slideshow of them and put them on a digital photo frame for her, she sits and watches that frame like it's a TV. She loves it.

Talk to you all when I get back!!

Strike, congrats on that belt! I have always worn one but never tucked in a shirt, one of these days I will tuck in!

Strike....I second what Long says about the belt...congrats. I had to buy a two new belt hanger that hold a dozen belts each for my new belt inventory. I had not worn a belt for a very long time and now enjoying all kinds. My favorite are "Fossil" brand.

As I said in the other thread...have a great trip Long. Hoping you will post some photos when you get back.

This thread has been QUIET! Planting season here and this farm is my main job. Have spent a lot of time in my truck running for the guys and pulling the tractors out of the mud. Enjoy it but just crazy some days. Pretty tired by the time 11pm rolls around and up again by 4:40am most mornings during this time of the season.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Are you planting soybeans and corn again? At least that is what I think I remember you said you harvested last fall. DH's uncle plants lots of corn and he plants his rows a certain way for the pheasants in the fall when he has all the hunters come. But he does soybeans and not sure what else too. As he's aged he's letting others rent part of his land for crops and concentrates on his cattle a little more. Not sure what he'll do when he just can't do it anymore, he's 70 and only had a daughter who left the farm years ago. It's not easy work that's for sure, but he loves it and can't imagine not doing it.

Hey ladies,

I have been MIA lately. Busy with work, pampered chef, kids and birthday parties. Not to mention I have been sick for what seems like a month. I have now developed a sinus infection.

I went to the Dr today to get a fill and when I got back there she noticed that I was stopped up and informed me that a lot of people with major sinus drainage do not tolerate a fill well at all. I really wanted a fill and they would have done it but really advised against it, so I decided to wait. I was bummed out. But I must admit that I do have some MAJOR sinus drainage going on right now. She said that the mucus could plug up my stoma. And by the looks of what has been coming out of my nose, I could see that happining....gross I know.

I have not lost weight lately, but I have been eating some junk that I should not be eating. I don't know when I can get off of work again to go for another fill. Therefore, I need to focus on my eating habits and concentrate on solid protiens and other good choices, instead of junk (this is me slapping my hand right now)! Feel free to slap my other hand :thumbup:

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and enjoying life.

Lucy

Hey All! I was wondering where all the June '08 banders were! Lol! I was banded 6/20/08 and have officially lost 59 pounds! Not as fast as i would like, but it is steady. Was on a plateau there for about 5 weeks and the scales only started moving again yesterday! Yippee! Well.. just wanted to make an entrance! Hope to talk to all of you soon! Visit my profile and shoot me a message. Would love to know how everyone is doing!

I was looking for some place to post what I did today. So here it goes for whoever looks at it. Today I took my kids for a three mile hike then we swam for about an hour. I love my new self and what I will do now. I say will not can because I have always been able to be active, just never motivated.

I do need help though, I do not know how to put my ticker on here. If someone who reads this has time please let me know. Thank you.

You have to actually go to another site to create/save you ticker and then you "paste" it into you signature on your profile. Here is a link: Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... Good luck!

Edited by luckyfive101
added quote

Hey All! I was wondering where all the June '08 banders were! Lol! I was banded 6/20/08 and have officially lost 59 pounds! Not as fast as i would like, but it is steady. Was on a plateau there for about 5 weeks and the scales only started moving again yesterday! Yippee! Well.. just wanted to make an entrance! Hope to talk to all of you soon! Visit my profile and shoot me a message. Would love to know how everyone is doing!

Hey Lucky...You sound so upbeat and happy. Congrats on your weight loss. I think we've all been on a plateau at different stages of this jouney. They are frustrating and a relief when they turn around.

Did you used to frequent this thread??? Or, did you just find it? Either way...welcome. Not many of the originals around anymore. I try to check this thread every day to keep up with fellow Junies. I've always hoped we would stay a close group. There's a couple of other threads I follow and participate in. The 50's thread and also the mentor/help thread started by Indiogirl.

Wishing you continued success!:thumbup:

Greetings....Just returned from visiting our daughter in sunny Orlando....What a great experience she is having interning at Disney World. Looks like all has been quiet here the past few weeks and you all are doing well. I managed to actually loose a few pounds which totally surprised me....I drank too many of those fruity cocktails at the poolside, all the walking at the parks must of cancelled out those calories. Well back to reality now.

Hey Lucky...You sound so upbeat and happy. Congrats on your weight loss. I think we've all been on a plateau at different stages of this jouney. They are frustrating and a relief when they turn around.

Did you used to frequent this thread??? Or, did you just find it? Either way...welcome. Not many of the originals around anymore. I try to check this thread every day to keep up with fellow Junies. I've always hoped we would stay a close group. There's a couple of other threads I follow and participate in. The 50's thread and also the mentor/help thread started by Indiogirl.

Wishing you continued success!:thumbsup:

Hey Apples! No actually, I never subscribed to this thread before, but definitely will be keeping in touch! I would love to arrange some kind of a get together with banders of teh same month/year and we could all bring before pics (8 x 10s of the OLD US).. lol! I think it would be a real pick-me-up. Don't know how everybody else feels.. and i know traveling right now is kind of expensive, but it is something to think about.. Hope to see "less of you" in the near future!

Hi Everyone!

I have been reading some, but to be honest I have gotten hooked on a game on Facebook called Farmtown! Allie is my Farmtown neighbor! Apples, it is your real life story! You farm and plant and harvest and plant again! Silly, but it is addictive!

I am doing ok, haven't really lost, but i had to have an UnFill on good Friday! I was so SICK! My band tightened up and I couldn't even swallow! I was loosing weight like crazy... but I also was so afraid I would blow my stomach out! It was awful!

They took the fill out and said I had to let my stomach rest> I go next wednesday to begin my fills again. I still have some restriction and feel so much better. It was most likely caused by the stress of all my re-modeling of the house and kitchen! That nearly sent me over the edge!

I will look at my ticker and see if I can update it! I have lost about 45 lbs this year! That is GREAT! I feel like a new woman!

Hope to hear from all of you again! Love my JuneBugs!

OH and welcome Luckyfive! I think I got a PM from you and you live close to me!

Edited by cathychatts

Hi Junies: Well, we're at 11 months and counting. I can't believe it's been almost a year. What a difference since this time last year. No more belly, I am so glad it's gone.

VZGH: I just got back from Disney last sunday. I love florida. What is your daughter interning in at Disney? I would love to work there.

Lucky: Welcome, glad you decided to join the board.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there.

Livn ~ I would love to work at Disney too. My daughters major changes every semester, so this was a perfect thing for her. She already has a certificate in broadcasting and now she wants to become a Vet Tech. The Disney College internship applies to business credits. She is working at the Magic Kingdom Main Street Bakery. It sure was nice to be able to fit on all of the rides. A few years back when we went to Cedar Point in OH it was so embarassing not to be able to fit on some of the rollercoasters.

Cathy ~ Sorry to hear you were ill and had to have an unfill. Hope you are feeling better.

Lucky ~ Welcome to the board.

Everyone have a great day!