Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Jennifer!

I will be going to Williamsburg, Va July 3-9 then 10-12 bedford, va. I would love to see you! I am not sure where richmond is but I hope it's close!

I am also doing seminars and love it! You are lucky to have the summer off! I am super jealous :frown:

I live about 40 minutes from Williamsburg...much closer than Bedford :welldone2: We'll have to plan something...maybe go to the outlets!! My mom's b-day is the 3rd and then the 4th I have a party to go to, but depending on what you have going on, I'm pretty sure I have the other days open. Just let me know!!

I live about 40 minutes from Williamsburg...much closer than Bedford :welldone2: We'll have to plan something...maybe go to the outlets!! My mom's b-day is the 3rd and then the 4th I have a party to go to, but depending on what you have going on, I'm pretty sure I have the other days open. Just let me know!!

I would love to get together!!! We definetly need to set a day and time. Our schedule is pretty open, we will be staying with friends and pretty much just going to the beach, busch gardens and stuff like that. I can hardly wait to meet you in person!!!!!!:frown:

I have done some seminars too, it is kindda neat and puts into perspective how far you've come. But also to see that new excitement and hope from the people there, especially in those times when I am rather complacent in where I am at.

Wish I was in VA to meet up with you gals! How fun, you'll have to take photos so we can see!

Teach, I am back at 124 lbs down today, one of those 2 came back. GRRRR Oh well, we'll get through this. It's probably cause we are getting so close to goal.

Allie, yur plastic surgery will probably take off those last 5 lbs for you and you'd be at goal! Congrats!

Long....don't change your ticker. That weight will come off by the weekend. Try to get enough Fiber this week. Throw a cup of canned spinach in you diet once a day until you anniversary date and see what happens. It always seems to get things on track for me...flushes my system and gives me energy. Not eating any at this stage and really miss it. It's worth a try.

Allie, Teach and Long....I bet if you took a poll, 90% of ppl complain of slowing down on wieght loss the closer they get to goal. Try to be patient. You will be "yahooing" b/4 you know it. Then all you need to do if figure out what it takes for you to stay at goal with cals and exercise.

When are you planning PS, Allie? I guess the only thing I would like done is a mons lift (yep, it's been discussed here b/4) and maybe a thigh lift. The tummy and girls come out of this pretty good....arms are barely affected....I am lifting weights and it has helped tremendously. Just not sure if I want to go through yet another surgery but know I would feel better (ego) if I had the thighs and mons done.

I put a question into Dr. Schulman yesterday regarding the sagging mons and how it relates to (trying to say this without tmi) sexual pleasure. I have noticed in the last couple of months that things just aren't the same as b/4 in that dept. In a 30 yr marraige and things have not changed with DH and I...just think it is a physical thing and where things down there are now hangin'. Do any of you know anything about a mons lift making a difference in the bedroom???????

Hey ladies,

Thought I would check in and give an update. Well what a time to jump in :wub:.

Sorry Apples, I really have no advice for you on that subject. I seem to be fine, my problem area is my tummy, ughh!

I am doing great also. I am down to 180 and feeling great. I am in a size 14 and loving it. I had another fill not long ago and pretty tight so I know more weight is coming off. Especially since I have been very consistent in my exercise. I do a run/walk with one of my neighbors and by body is really tighting up. So yes things are going good.

I'm glad everyone is doing so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy

Long....don't change your ticker. That weight will come off by the weekend. Try to get enough fiber this week. Throw a cup of canned spinach in you diet once a day until you anniversary date and see what happens. It always seems to get things on track for me...flushes my system and gives me energy. Not eating any at this stage and really miss it. It's worth a try.

Allie, Teach and Long....I bet if you took a poll, 90% of ppl complain of slowing down on wieght loss the closer they get to goal. Try to be patient. You will be "yahooing" b/4 you know it. Then all you need to do if figure out what it takes for you to stay at goal with cals and exercise.

When are you planning PS, Allie? I guess the only thing I would like done is a mons lift (yep, it's been discussed here b/4) and maybe a thigh lift. The tummy and girls come out of this pretty good....arms are barely affected....I am lifting weights and it has helped tremendously. Just not sure if I want to go through yet another surgery but know I would feel better (ego) if I had the thighs and mons done.

I put a question into Dr. Schulman yesterday regarding the sagging mons and how it relates to (trying to say this without tmi) sexual pleasure. I have noticed in the last couple of months that things just aren't the same as b/4 in that dept. In a 30 yr marraige and things have not changed with DH and I...just think it is a physical thing and where things down there are now hangin'. Do any of you know anything about a mons lift making a difference in the bedroom???????

Hey there Apples..

I would have to say yes it does make a difference. I lost a significant amount in the mons area and WOW is all I can say. I thought I would need a mons lift as well but it actually shrunk! I am probably at my peak as well since I can't seem to get enough. I have always had a high sex drive but I think I might end up killing my hubby by dehydration lol.. sorry if that was TMI. I have read that with a mons lift the (little man in the boat) is more easily accessible and doesn't have a lot of mass covering it.. i really hope you know what I am saying rofl. So when the mass is pulled up the little man in the boat is more sensitive to just regular sex no touching just from the pressure. Bahh.. this is hard to write without getting into to much detail. So I would say it would help lol.

Long- I am only 4 and a half pounds from my goal weight but that goal keeps changing. I was shooting for 165 but I am thinking I might try and go for closer to 150. I just want to be at the smallest possible weight before plastic surgery so I get the best result. I don't want to do it to soon and get plastic surgery lose more weight and have extra skin again.. not that it would be much but hey if I am getting it done why not go for as perfect as possible.

As to when I am getting it, I am shooting for this winter so that I can wear a bikini next year.. oh god did I really just say that? Yes I want to wear a bikini next year and I will! My goal is to be in the best shape of my life in my 40's! I will turn 40 in February.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hey there Apples..

I would have to say yes it does make a difference. I lost a significant amount in the mons area and WOW is all I can say. I thought I would need a mons lift as well but it actually shrunk! I am probably at my peak as well since I can't seem to get enough. I have always had a high sex drive but I think I might end up killing my hubby by dehydration lol.. sorry if that was TMI. I have read that with a mons lift the (little man in the boat) is more easily accessible and doesn't have a lot of mass covering it.. i really hope you know what I am saying rofl. So when the mass is pulled up the little man in the boat is more sensitive to just regular sex no touching just from the pressure. Bahh.. this is hard to write without getting into to much detail. So I would say it would help lol.

Long- I am only 4 and a half pounds from my goal weight but that goal keeps changing. I was shooting for 165 but I am thinking I might try and go for closer to 150. I just want to be at the smallest possible weight before plastic surgery so I get the best result. I don't want to do it to soon and get plastic surgery lose more weight and have extra skin again.. not that it would be much but hey if I am getting it done why not go for as perfect as possible.

As to when I am getting it, I am shooting for this winter so that I can wear a bikini next year.. oh god did I really just say that? Yes I want to wear a bikini next year and I will! My goal is to be in the best shape of my life in my 40's! I will turn 40 in February.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Well, Allie, maybe my little man has fallen out of his boat...S.O.S!!!!!!!!! He is sending out a call for help!

I maybe should have taken this subject to the "Powder Room" and do appreciate your answer to my post. Lack of sensation has never been a problem...even during the throws of menopause (I am now post). I will be 54 this year and feel that I am still in my prime. I have no extra poundage in the mons area...just has drooped to a different space. I guess I already knew the answer to my question even b/4 I posted it and know you are correct in saying a lift would help. I think what I will do is make an appt with my LB doc to see if I can get a referal with a PS that he would highly recommend and go from there. I may be 53 but not dead and know I want the years ahead to be as positive as possible.

I am somewhat disappointed due to the fact that I have been patting myself on the back for coming out of this with so little extra skin. But now I am thinking that if I go through with getting the mons done, I might as well get the thighs done at the same time. Was just really hoping for no other surgery.

Just so weird the way things turned out. My legs and arms have always been the skinny part of my body. My boobs and midsection were always huge. My boobs are in good shape and do not sag...neither does my stomach. Why the thighs? :confused:

You go for that goal of getting into a bikini. I used to live in a bikini and miss the swimsuit thing. Got one this year but it's a tankini with shorts. Last time I wore a two peice is when I was 39 and looked good in it.

150lbs is not an unattainable goal and is a smart step if you are going for PS. I know you are tall but if you are still in the healthy BMI range, why not go for it????????

I got my fill today. I should have been at 4cc after my last fill, so imagine my surprise (and not-so-surprise) when my surgeon only found 1cc in my band.

NO WONDER I HAD NO RESTRICTION!!

He said that he put 1cc in last time, and I told him then it should have been a total of 4cc, so I think what happened was at my last fill, he only put 1cc back in instead of an ADDITIONAL 1cc. I don't think it was a leak, since I had absolutely no restriction after my last fill, and a leak would have been gradual.

So now I'm up to 5cc, which is great, because I was afraid he'd make me work back up slowly. Usually I'm only on liquids for the day of the fill, but since he put so much in today, I have to stay on liquids for a few days.

Praying for restriction!

wow angelyco that's crazy!!! I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be! I am glad you are on the right track now.. :confused:

Angel, you poor thing, a year later and only 1cc in your band. I am so glad you dr was agressive and you can go back soon for the next fill. This should make all the difference in the world!

All this talk of lifts of various parts of the body has me really looking at mine and wondering. LOL Most of me is okay but I definitely have some skin issues. Guess I'll take a wait and see approach. I haven't paid off my band surgery yet.

Angel, you poor thing, a year later and only 1cc in your band. I am so glad you dr was agressive and you can go back soon for the next fill. This should make all the difference in the world!

All this talk of lifts of various parts of the body has me really looking at mine and wondering. LOL Most of me is okay but I definitely have some skin issues. Guess I'll take a wait and see approach. I haven't paid off my band surgery yet.

hey long.. isn't tomorrow your bandiversary?? Are you doing anything special?? Woo Hooo Long!! What a great year it has been! xoxo

hey long.. isn't tomorrow your bandiversary?? Are you doing anything special?? Woo Hooo Long!! What a great year it has been! xoxo

I hadn't really thought of it. Any ideas?? I feel like I should honor the day some how, but then again did just get a cruise for losing 100 lbs so can't ask for too much. I am getting my mammogram and bone density test tomorrow, but that isn't too celabratory!! HA HA To think of what I was feeling a year ago TODAY! Fear, panic, excitement, starving (liquid diet), etc. What a difference a year makes. I hardly feel like the same person sometimes.

Long,

I hope you have a happy bandaversary! You have done awesome!

I will have to plan something for mine on June 19th. I hardly ever get to do something just for fun. With 2 small children and work it is hard to get away. I'll think of something.

Lucy

Hey y'all!

Today is sorta my first bandiversary! (Of my 1st band that only hung around a week)

I'm doing ok with my first fill - obviously still need another, but I can tell a difference from no fill.

I'm down about a pound. I'm apparently not destined to be a fast loser! But I'm making progress, slowly but surely. I'm down 50lbs from my highest weight, and I only have 2lbs to go to get down to my lowest post 1st band weight. Once I cross that threshold, I'll feel like I'm back on track.

DH is off doing his pre-op appointments today - he has his band surgery next week. ;-)

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Today is my bandiversary! One year later and 125 lbs gone! 300's to 100's!! WOOHOO!! Only 11 to go. Think I will make DH take me out to dinner tonight to Celebrate my 2nd birthday. And I bought myself a present, a new computer!!! AM waiting for my son to come set it up for me. Hopefully I will really notice the speed difference.