Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Long, congrats on the the 170s. My goal is to now get out of the 170's. I weigh 176. My new job is so sedintary it is not even funny. It really worries me. I can work out for 30 min on my lunch and of course I still do my morning routine

Hey Allie, that all sounds so exciting and yes I'll get some new pictures. I'm just so lazy about that stuff.

I must ask, do you really need implants:blush::tongue::blush:? You are not lacking in that area at all, lol.

lucy

Allie, congrats on a date! That is awesome!! The only thing I really want to have done one day are my arms. I'd love to think I could do them around the same time as you, but just don't think I'll be able to swing it. We'll see :tongue: Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

:)

Jennifer

Hey Junies! Well.. HAPPY BANDIVERSARY! Just got my 3rd Fill.. Doesn't really feel like it has kicked in yet.. But I am really glad to finally be getting back on track!........went 2 months in need of a fill and didn't lose anything! YIKES! Finally was able to get away and take care of that little business (it entails a whole day for me... 4 hours ONE WAY!)... Congrats to all on the GREAT job you have done! Hope to "See LESS OF YOU" in the near future!

Good Morning! Today is my Bandiversary so I wanted to pop in here to Celebrate with my favorite lapbanders! Thanks for all your support and friendly competition.. I could not have done it without you guys!

Long, I keep dropping my goal down by 5 pounds. I have a feeling I am going for around 150! My original goal was 199 too! I am really excited to have lost as much as I have! I was surprised I could book so far in advance as well but they block times off at the hospital a year in advance. I was to embaressed to ask about the mons lift, I think I am going to send him an email..lol.

Well, I am off to get ready for the party. Happy Bandiversary Lucky! :tongue:

Happy Father's Day to any dad's who may be lurking on this board!! I hit 130 gone today...only 3 more pounds until the 170's :) :) My weight didn't move at all in May and it's started moving again. I got a fill last Monday and I think I'm exactly where I need to be. Woo hoo!! Have a great day everyone!

:)

Jennifer

Evidently all my jumping around and hootin and hollaring the day before about reaching 179 caused me to lose another pound yesterday as I'm now at 178 and officially only have single digits to go to goal. 9 pounds to a normal BMI!! WOO HOO!!!

Today is the first day of summer and the first day it has really felt like summer for us. We've had such rainy weather and tornadoes. Today 90 and sun, I have my shorts on and tank top on and going to soak up some of it now!

Evidently all my jumping around and hootin and hollaring the day before about reaching 179 caused me to lose another pound yesterday as I'm now at 178 and officially only have single digits to go to goal. 9 pounds to a normal BMI!! WOO HOO!!!

Today is the first day of summer and the first day it has really felt like summer for us. We've had such rainy weather and tornadoes. Today 90 and sun, I have my shorts on and tank top on and going to soak up some of it now!

WOOOO HOO LONG! :( I am super proud of you! I hope you enjoyed your beautiful day! I am wearing jeans, shirt, sweatshirt and socks! I'm freezing.. One more reason to get the heck out of Connecticut. I posted my 1 year pics with umm just panties and bandaids on.. no head though. I made them private but I think my friends can see them. You can still see the marker where Dr. Goldstein drew on me and I wanted a reference for when I go in December. Gulp .. lol.

WOOOO HOO LONG! :blushing: I am super proud of you! I hope you enjoyed your beautiful day! I am wearing jeans, shirt, sweatshirt and socks! I'm freezing.. One more reason to get the heck out of Connecticut. I posted my 1 year pics with umm just panties and bandaids on.. no head though. I made them private but I think my friends can see them. You can still see the marker where Dr. Goldstein drew on me and I wanted a reference for when I go in December. Gulp .. lol.

I'd love to see your pics, I sent you a PM. You must be getting our cool weather we had last week. today is the first day it has felt like summer. FINALLY!! Just got home from Goodwill and a 'new' pair of shorts for $2.99 and they were Jones NY too! Size 10's, 8's didn't make my legs look good. You know me and my leg complex

I'd love to see your pics, I sent you a PM. You must be getting our cool weather we had last week. today is the first day it has felt like summer. FINALLY!! Just got home from Goodwill and a 'new' pair of shorts for $2.99 and they were Jones NY too! Size 10's, 8's didn't make my legs look good. You know me and my leg complex

Awesome deal on the shorts!!! I bet your legs look great! we are our own worst critics. :blushing: Now that you've seen me half naked, I have nothing to hide lol.. :confused:

And you look good, Allie, can't imagine how great you'll look after December!

This weekend, I am going camping in a tent! YIKES!! LOL Anyhow, last June DH & I went for a drive over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mtn Nat'l park. At the summit there is a gift shop and next to it a huge staircase to the top of the mountain (about 14,000 feet). It looked so daunting, but I said then that this summer I was going to go climb that staircase. We are meeting my best friend from HS too and her husband, all 4 of us graduated together. Anyway I am climbing those stairs on Friday afternoon, then I am going to the gift shop and buying the Tshirt that says I climbed them. I'll try and get a picture at the top. Hope my knee holds out. It's worse on my knee coming down though than up.

This morning I went to Goodwill and tried on some stuff and got a nice pair of capris in a size 8!!!! Funny how sizes work I tried on 8, 10's and 12's. Some fit in all sizes and some were too small in all sizes. Can't they just make sizes standard?

And you look good, Allie, can't imagine how great you'll look after December!

This weekend, I am going camping in a tent! YIKES!! LOL Anyhow, last June DH & I went for a drive over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mtn Nat'l park. At the summit there is a gift shop and next to it a huge staircase to the top of the mountain (about 14,000 feet). It looked so daunting, but I said then that this summer I was going to go climb that staircase. We are meeting my best friend from HS too and her husband, all 4 of us graduated together. Anyway I am climbing those stairs on Friday afternoon, then I am going to the gift shop and buying the Tshirt that says I climbed them. I'll try and get a picture at the top. Hope my knee holds out. It's worse on my knee coming down though than up.

This morning I went to Goodwill and tried on some stuff and got a nice pair of capris in a size 8!!!! Funny how sizes work I tried on 8, 10's and 12's. Some fit in all sizes and some were too small in all sizes. Can't they just make sizes standard?

Have fun! I am super proud of you for planning on climbing those stairs!!! It is amazing how far you have come! Have fun!!!

Well okay, I went in for a slight unfill today. My first unfill. I have been bp'ing a lot and having trouble drinking Water since my last fill about 3 weeks ago. I kept hoping my fill would lossen up but no such luck. So this was my first unfill.

I have a theory that I have not lost much weight in the last month because my metabolism is messed up and body is holding on to all the fat it can. I have been exercising, but drinking very little water.

So hopefull now I can get in more water and eat better with solid Protein and such. After he took the fill out, I drank a lot of water and oh my gosh it felt so good to be able to drink instead of sip, sip, sip. Before, I would sip and gurgle, sip and gurgle.

So wish me luck. I still have restriction, so not all is lost.

Have a good evening.

Lucy

Hi Junies! I'm back!

(mini rant)

Good news - DH is now officially a Junie too! (But for 2009!) He was banded 2 weeks ago. He started mushies today - thank goodness because he is like a finicky five year old!

Bad news - he hated the Protein Shakes, he didn't like the Vitamins, wa wa wa! Slowly we've found things he liked. I had tried to get him to taste things before surgery!

Now we're on to mushies - and yeah, he's still picky. He likes only a few vegges, doesn't really like Soup (and says it's too hot for it anyway) and bores easily with foods (can't eat the same thing too often). Arg! I'll survive! He might live - if I don't kill him! ;-) I could use lots of ideas for mushies!

(end mini rant)

In happier news. I'm doing well. I haven't lost much since going off mushies myself, but I'm due to have my 2nd fill on July 6th. Yay!

I have hit a big milestone for me - I hit my low weight from last summer - my lowest weight after the 10 days in the hospital for the post op infection. So I feel I'm finally back on track again! (Actually I've bounced back up a pound, but I'm counting it!) I've officially lost 50lbs from my highest weight last year! Yay!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Welcome back Hunzi!! And congrats to DH on his band too!! ANd for reaching 50 lbs!!

As for mushies, one thing I recently heard but never tried is to take cottage cheese, mix in some marinera sauce (nothing with chunks in it) and melt some cheese on it and it's like a mini lasagna minus the meat and Pasta. My favorite mushy was a bean and cheese cup from Del Taco or Taco Bell.

I absolutely LOVE this one... Mix cottage cheese with Activia (any flavor you like) and sprinkle with a little bit of coconut... You have a DELICIOUS and filling meal that also helps keep you "Regular"... Keep up the good work!