Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are right where I am, Long. I am stuck at 180 but at my lowest was at 173. Its just inched back and I am just about killing myself at the gym and now riding my bike too. 8's??? are you kidding me? you must be taller than I am. my 180 fits snugly in 12's and I am happy about that. I am 5'4" We gotta come up with a plan to get into the 170's. Maybe a competition? Whatcha think? I seriously need a kick in the rear and some motivation. You are soooo much closer to your goal than I am. YAYYYYY LONG!!!!

Yep, STrike, if you are 5'4, I have 5 inches on ya, so that makes a world of difference. I am 5'9 so that's the difference in the sizes I am sure. We all have different body types. To get a normal BMI I need to weigh 169, so close yet so far away. I might consider this 5 day pouch test, will do some googling on it today. Would love to have a 'gettin to the 170's' partner we could root each other on.

Apples, Happy Bandiversary! You are such an inspiration to me and so many others. Here's to your 2nd year in Lapband land.

Allie, anxious to hear all about the consultation. I was thinking when you said you had the consult that your surgery was going to be soon, but Dec. sounds like a good plan. Congrats to your daughter.

VZ, welcome back. WTG on the Water skiing. I never could get up on water skis, usually did the knee board. But I never weighed what I do now either.

Lucy, congrats on the 14's getting baggy!

Apples Happy Bandaversiary!!!!

I do totally accept the size that I am and try not to get hung up on the number, just found the size differences interesting. Just imagine one year ago I was a size 24 or 3X!!!!!

I'm planning on packing up too and heading to the lake tomorrow for the week. Yes I just started a new job and already have vacation. I negotiated a great salary/vacation package as part of the deal.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Thanks VZ...Nope didn't think you were not accepting where you are at...just making the statement that it would be impossible to compare since we are all so different. Yep...a year ago I was wearing a 3X and not even sure on the bottom. Depended on the elastic. I know I was at least an 18-20 on the bottom. Now a 0-2 and a small top. DKNY, Calvin Klien, NY&Co were not even in my range a year ago. I was drifting around in the large ladies section on the verge of tears.

Do it Long!!!!!! 5 day pouch test. When I get back on Mon or Tues I would LOVE to hear you telling us you made it to the 70's.

Hey everyone,

My new job is going good it is at an educational cooperative. Not physcal at all so that is not so good. They do have some exercise equipment so I went in today and did the elliptical for a good 20 min and got my heart rate up. Still doingrun/walk with my neighbor every other morning.

When I went shopping for my new job I bough size XL and I really should have bought a large. The XL is too big, but I too have trouble buying the right size.

Things are going good. Tomorrow is my weigh-in so we'll see how things are going.

Have fun and all the trips and such.

Lucy

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of weeks. The end of the school year is always CRAZY! The best part is, it's over and the summer is here :blushing: We'll like Apples it was a year ago today that my life changed forever. This time last year I was in recovery in a whole lot of pain, but I'd do it over again in a heart beat. I'm so amazed with how this single tool has changed my life. This time a year ago I was in a size 28 pants and a size 22/24 top. Now I'm in a 12 pants and a S top. It's a great feeling! I'm down 128 pounds and hoping to lose another 35 or so. I turn 30 September 23rd, so I'm going to set that as my goal. I know things are going to slow up though and it might not happen. Guess we'll just have to see :w00t: So I've been very diligent about taking pictures each month...here are my before and after. Looking at it honestly brings tears to my eyes. I had no idea how big I was then and I'm so proud of where I am now. Thank you so much to everyone on here for all of your support. There is no one else who gets it like you do, and your support over the last year has been amazing! I love you guys :w00t:

post-239625-13813138483328_thumb.jpg

post-239625-13813138483692_thumb.jpg

Wow teach you look amazing. Keep up the good work.

Apples: I had an upper endoscopy done 3 wks ago and the dr. said everything looked good. He noted that I had some irritation of my upper stomach and lower esphogus, he unfilled my band and said come back in 3 wks and we'll start fills again. So, this week I go back and start over with the fills. I am actually happy it's like starting last year over again and I still have 30 lbs I want to lose. I've been stuck and have not lost any weight for the past 3 months. I haven't gained but no loss, so maybe this will get me jump started. Thanks for your concern.

Allie: Isn't it a great feeling to know you have your daughter through high school? I love having adult children who can make sense of things and actually give me advice now. Is she as pretty as you are? That is some before and after picture of the ol gut that is now gone. Good job.

OK long, I will do a 5 day pouch test with you. When do you want to start? Ugh, the thought of 5 days of chicken broth....but I can do it if we talk and encourage each other every day. Lets get to the 170's.

I had a NSV moment today. BF invited me over to where he was staying...at his brothers who has a pool. I haven't even looked at swimsuits at all this year. Didnt even think of it So I rushed home and pulled out the 3 that I had, size 20, 18 and 16. I knew I wore the 16 last year so I tried it on and it was soooo saggy! Had to wear it anyway but i did get complements from BF who hasnt seen me in a swimsuit for a year lol..and from his brother! So guess what... i am gonna go shopping for a new swimsuit this weekend!

Glad to hear about everyones successes. Teach you are lookin awesome, girl!

Oh, and who wants to meet in Missouri? I live in Jeff City, thats right in the middle of the state. I just have a small apartment but if anyone wants to travel anywhere in MO and meet up, I will be there too I would love to meet you all!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY, Teach!! Amazing photos, you look awesome.

Livn, what happened that your esophagus got irritated? do they know what caused that? Good luck with your refill.

Strike, I don't know after googling the 5 day pouch test, I am just not sure if I want to do it. It sounds like it is for if you stretched your pouch out, I don't think I've done that. I have good restriction. If I did it though, I'd have to start like today or tomorrow as I am going camping next week and don't want to be doing it then, and when I get home I get out of town company. So it's either now or after the 4th of July.

The scale is inching ever so close to the 170 mark again. Today it was back at 180.5. So maybe, just maybe one morning soon.

I discovered something I can't have last night. We went to a BBQ last night and for dessert they had strawberry shortcake. I took a teeny piece of the cake, some strawberries and cream. I got stuck and then PB'd twice. At first I assumed it was the cake part but later after the 2nd time I am thinking it was the strawberries. Hard to say, but it hurt. What do you think the culprit was?

The dr. didn't say and I didn't ask, I was to groggy from the anesthesia. I'll ask him when I go back. I'm thinking it is this one pill I take. When I don't take it with yogurt or something, it would sit in the bottom part of my esophogus and burn for hours. So, that may be what happened. Thank God, it's healed now so I can start my refils.

Can I have your attention please????

After being stuck for over a month, I hit my first goal this morning!!!

I have finally hit the 170's!!!! 179.5 this morning! A normal BMI for me is 169 but my doc said he'd be happy with anything under 180. Yes I am going for the 169, but this is so cool!!

I'm in a rush for work, will post more later, but had to share that.

Can I have your attention please????

After being stuck for over a month, I hit my first goal this morning!!!

I have finally hit the 170's!!!! 179.5 this morning! A normal BMI for me is 169 but my doc said he'd be happy with anything under 180. Yes I am going for the 169, but this is so cool!!

I'm in a rush for work, will post more later, but had to share that.

YAY!!! Long, I'm so excited for you. I know how hard not seeing the scale move has been, but you've kept pushing! You go girl!!! I'm about 3 pounds behind you...maybe I'll join you in the 170's sometime soon. Congrats again!!!!

Thanks, Teach. When I first had this surgery, I never imagined I could weigh less than 200 and was hoping to some day be a 'normal' size and ultimately wanted to be a size 12. Well a year later and it's the 170's and I am in 10's and very close to 8's. It's just so amazing. I LOVE MY BAND! I am wearing my first pair of shorts in many many years today to Celebrate. Still hate my legs, especially those pesky calves, but what the heck.

Strike, I think I have decided not to do the 5 day pouch test. I will still be your buddy though and cheer you on. I am just going back to basics and really concentrating on my Proteins, portion sizes, etc. To me it sounded the like pouch test was more to shrink a stretched out pouch back to size and not really for jumpstarting. I know I have great restriction so opted to not do it. Just couldn't stand the thought of the 2 days of Liquid Protein. I'll do the last 3 days with you. :sad:

Allie, If memory serves me right, the plastic surgery consult is today. Anxious to hear all about it. I'm wondering if I have 10 lbs of excess skin and if I had surgery, I'd be at my normal BMI LOL

Hello Junies!

First all congrats Long!! Woo Hoo I am so excited for you! Iteach your pic is amazing you look great! Apples happy bandiversary!! Lucy let's see a new pic girl! Strike congrats on the saggy bathing suits lol!~ VZ have fun at the lake!!

All you other beautiful Junies how are you?

My daughter's graduation went great! We are having the party tomorrow. Apples, I decided to have it catered that way I could enjoy myself and not worry about cooking. I hired a cleaning lady who will be cleaning before the party and after the party :tongue:, I also hired a bartender! I want to enjoy myself!! We are all really excited about it. We are expecting quite alot of people! Unfortunately it is supposed to pour! EEEKKK Oh well we will have a good time either way.

Ok so I went and met with the surgeon and I am officially booked for December 18th!!! I am soo excited. I am getting an advanced Tummy Tuck (removal of the entire kanga pouch) advanced liposuction and breast lift with implants. I have to wait to have a thigh lift. He said something about thighs being a two and tummy and breasts a one.. I am not sure what he was talking about but bottom line it isn't safe to do thighs with all the other. My surgery should take 7 hours. I do have to stay overnight one night. My doctor was really impressed with how much weight I had lost. He said I didn't have any upper tummy fat and that the tummy tuck should come out beautifully! I was really impressed by him and I am really excited. I am not excited about the cost but hey you only live once! I am going to be working out like a mad woman to be in the best possible shape before surgery. I am really going to focus on my thighs too lol.

I did my weigh in today and yep I had lost :) It is definetly more mental now. It seems all the attention I get from people really makes me choose better things to eat. It's so weird. lol.. Well, I am off to go and trim my roses and give the dogs a bath! Have a great weekend!

That sounds so exciting Allie. I didn't realize they would even book surgeries that far in advance. You will be smokin' hot!! Will you have the thighs done later then?

Not sure how much more you lost, but congrats! What is your goal now? I know it has changed as you've lost.

I'm shootin' for 169 now but that is subject to change! Heck originally I was just shooting for 199.

Have fun at the party.