Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have posted anything or visited this site. I have really missed everyone. For some reason, my old computer quit allowing me to access this site, but I am back and glad to see all of you have been doing so well.

I have been losing really slow, but that is ok for me. Going through this slow process allows me time to make life long changes and see what works for me and what doesn't. Like so many of you have stated, we are all different.

I have had three fills, the last one being in March. I have about 8cc in my 14cc band. At first, I didn't think it took because I was still able to eat too much. It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that I started thinking I may need to get an unfill. The reason I haven't is because I have to travel 2 hours to get my fills and just decided to deal with it, but maybe I should.

I have been able to eat much, which is great, but at the same time, I have been spitting up more or feeling like things are getting stuck, that once weren't. My weight loss seems to stall every 2-3 months and maybe it is just my body trying to get use to a new set point. In any case, I feel much better than I did almost a year ago and when asked often, If I would do it again, the answer is always the same; "in a heart beat".

Everyone keep up the good work and I look forward to reading about your continued success.

Angel, why so few fills? I hope you get the restriction you need with this next one. I have over 10cc's in a 14cc band. The amount of the fill is unimportant as we are all different, it's taken me a lot of fills to get and then to keep my restriction.
Angel ~ I can't recall if there were issues which is why you only have had 3 fills/4cc's. If not, I'd get on your drs. case. Good for you for hanging in there. I've had so many fills and one unfill that I've lost count. I believe I got 4cc's by my first fill and I currently have 7-7.5 in a 10cc band.

I had one fill 3 months after my surgery that was included with my surgery cost (and that's the soonest my program allows your first fill). Then I found out my insurance required a $250 copay for fills and I just didn't have the extra money. In February my insurance changed so now I don't have any copays at all, I've had 2 fills since then. It's such a battle for me to get fills because the lady who does the scheduling is an insurance nazi and is so sure that the insurance will stop paying for fills if you get them too often (though I've NEVER heard of this happening to anyone here). My program also usually restricts people to getting fills every 3 months, but my surgeon says to schedule it whenever I need one, but then I run into the scheduling nazi. It's been tough.

As to why I only have 4ccs after 3 fills, that was just what my surgeon gave me. But my program coordinator has been TRYING to help me out and told me to insist on a bigger fill this time--at least 3 more ccs. She even joked that she wants me so tight that I have to come back for an unfill--I can only wish!

I'm glad you are able to start getting fills now Angel, seems crazy that the scheduler is so difficult. I mean that's why we got banded, to get restriction and to keep restriction. Can you bypass her and schedule directly with the co-ordinator?? My standards are fills as often as every other week, though I did have 2 of my early ones a week apart. I don't have insurance issues though so know nothing about them paying or not paying more often than that. Hopefully it will be smoother going for you in the future.

Hi everyone!

Long how was the cruise???? I hope you had a blast!

I went shopping yesterday and bought 3 dresses yes I said it dresses! Woo Hoo. Two of them are like the long spring dresses that you can't wear a bra with and I also bought a max studio beautiful black dressy short dress. I tried them all on (all three size 10 :smile: ) and showed my family and my hubby grabbed his chest and dropped to his knees saying lord have mercy.. lol.. it was sooo great his face was all red and everything.. that was the best compliment I have EVER gotten in my life! I feel so great girls I can't even begin to tell you. I had a neighbor mistake me for my teenage daughter two weekends ago!

So last weekend we went to NY to see the yankees play and ended up staying in the city and of course we were awakened in the middle of the night by the bomb blast at the Starbucks right down the block! It was pretty scary! We headed home :smile: We did go to the Empire state building and times square and that was fun.

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss seeing all of you on here.

Have a great night!

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have posted anything or visited this site. I have really missed everyone. For some reason, my old computer quit allowing me to access this site, but I am back and glad to see all of you have been doing so well.

I have been losing really slow, but that is ok for me. Going through this slow process allows me time to make life long changes and see what works for me and what doesn't. Like so many of you have stated, we are all different.

I have had three fills, the last one being in March. I have about 8cc in my 14cc band. At first, I didn't think it took because I was still able to eat too much. It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that I started thinking I may need to get an unfill. The reason I haven't is because I have to travel 2 hours to get my fills and just decided to deal with it, but maybe I should.

I have been able to eat much, which is great, but at the same time, I have been spitting up more or feeling like things are getting stuck, that once weren't. My weight loss seems to stall every 2-3 months and maybe it is just my body trying to get use to a new set point. In any case, I feel much better than I did almost a year ago and when asked often, If I would do it again, the answer is always the same; "in a heart beat".

Everyone keep up the good work and I look forward to reading about your continued success.

Hey Good to hear from you! I was banded on June 20, 2008. I have my 3rd fill scheduled for June 19, 2009. I have had only 2 fills (my doc is very aggressive with fills though, and when you ask for RESTRICTION.......... YOU GET RESTRICTION! LOL!)... I have had good restriction ever since my first fill, but it has been less so the last week or so. My weight has stalled now, and I know I need a fill.. am battling eating "good foods" versus what I "want" right now until I get proper restriction again. I, like you, am losing much slower than I had hoped, but I know we have the tool now to be successful! Keep up the good work! You are a very pretty lady! Hope to see "less of you" soon!

Allie, the cruise was wonderful. I was able to do so much. We walked and walked and walked hills, mountains, etc. and I did just fine. My bad knee grumbled some but I had no issues with getting short of breath, etc. that I would've had a year ago. heck a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I did. And I had so much fun wearing all my new summer clothes, including my bathing suit! I still haven't braved dresses yet, still am hung up on my fat calves. :smile: But maybe one day soon. How scary to be near that blast.

Smarq & Lucky5, good to see you check in! Congrats on the awesome progress so far and good luck with you next fills.

My losses have slowed or stopped, not sure which. I hardly lost anything the month of May. I am contemplating getting about half of what they took out in my unfill in April and see how it does. I am finding myself snacking way too much and not on good foods. I know most of the battle is in my head so a fill may not be the answer.

I'm glad you are able to start getting fills now Angel, seems crazy that the scheduler is so difficult. I mean that's why we got banded, to get restriction and to keep restriction. Can you bypass her and schedule directly with the co-ordinator?? My standards are fills as often as every other week, though I did have 2 of my early ones a week apart. I don't have insurance issues though so know nothing about them paying or not paying more often than that. Hopefully it will be smoother going for you in the future.

Unfortunately the best my coordinator could do was try to convince the scheduling lady to schedule me without fighting about it. Between my coordinator and my surgeon, they got her to schedule me this time. When she called me, she had an appointment for me, no arguing about getting a fill. She said the doctor told her to just put me in since I've been having so many problems getting fills. It worked this time--we'll see what happens in the future.

I have to see my doctor before I can get another fill, apparently every few months they have to have my weight recorded for the insurance company (they also seem to think that if you don't lose enough weight, the insurance company will stop paying then, too. That's completely counter-intuitive, since you need fills when you AREN'T losing enough weight!)

I'm still considering going to another doctor, but I just really don't want to go through the hassle and cough up another $350 for their nutritionist (which I won't go to anyway).

Unfortunately the best my coordinator could do was try to convince the scheduling lady to schedule me without fighting about it. Between my coordinator and my surgeon, they got her to schedule me this time. When she called me, she had an appointment for me, no arguing about getting a fill. She said the doctor told her to just put me in since I've been having so many problems getting fills. It worked this time--we'll see what happens in the future.

I have to see my doctor before I can get another fill, apparently every few months they have to have my weight recorded for the insurance company (they also seem to think that if you don't lose enough weight, the insurance company will stop paying then, too. That's completely counter-intuitive, since you need fills when you AREN'T losing enough weight!)

I'm still considering going to another doctor, but I just really don't want to go through the hassle and cough up another $350 for their nutritionist (which I won't go to anyway).

Sorry you are having so much trouble getting your fills! I don't know if it is an option for you or not, but I am self pay, and my fills are $165.. They are very aggressive with my fills and I CALL THEM WHEN I NEED ONE.. not visa versa! I go through FILL CENTERS USA... Just an idea you might want to check out. I have only had to have 2 fills in 11 months .......... as I said, they are so aggressive with the fills ....... and of course, we all have our personal idiosyncrasies.. Good luck! Hope to see less of you soon! Hang in there!

Good Monday Morning Junies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I went to the beach Saturday and Sunday with the family and had a great time. I also did some more shopping woo hoo! I am becoming a serious shopping addict! I love trying on clothes and shoes and jewelry.. It is so much more fun now!

My oldest daughter graduates from high school on June 18th and we are having a little party for her on June 20th which is my bandiversary. We are going to Virginia for almost two weeks in the beginning of July to Celebrate my bandiversary. I plan on doing all the stuff I couldn't do last year.. go on the roller coasters, kayaking in the ocean, hiking, just alot of really active fun stuff!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! XoXo

I am finally down a pound today!!! wOOHOO!! I went almost the entire month of May with no loss, June 1st and Wham!! I am at 180.2 and so bad want to see 179 point anything. My first goal from my surgeon was to get below 180 and I am about there!! A total of 125 so far. Normal BMI is 10 more pounds, I can't believe it. Friday is my band anniversary date, I know I can't lose 10 lbs by then but if I can get the 179 I'll be totally tickled!

Had a tough weekend. Sat. was okay but yesterday morning as DH & I were pulling into the church parking lot, late, my son called. I thought he was calling to give us a bad time about being late as he had decided to go as well, but nope he was calling because he was having horrible stomach pain. As soon as he said on his right side, I thought, oh oh, we better check it out (he's 26). So we went to his apartment and he was already down waiting for us and said he needed to go to the dr. and couldn't drive himself he was in so much pain. Long story short, he had his appendix removed yesterday afternoon. They did it laproscopically and he was out of the hospital 2 hours later. Didn't want him home alone in his apartment so he's recovering here. I get to be mom and baby my son for a few days. He's so much better today. They said he was lucky it hadn't ruptured and no infection leaked out so he was able to come home. He hadn't been to the dr in about 8 yrs so this was a shock to him. So thankful he's doing well today.

wow.. I am glad he is ok!

Woo hoo on losing the pound Long! I feel so bad that you were on a plateau for so long! I freak about 1 week and the scale not moving! I have been excercizing alot lately so I think that has really helped me to keep moving. I was pretty excited to hit 170! I can hardly wait to see the scale say 169! It is frustrating though because being so close I keep weighing myself to see if I hit it and I go between 170-172 throughout the day. I hate that it fluctuates.. I usually am at my lowest weight for the day first thing in the morning. I am hoping to hit 169 by my bandiversary on the 20th. I have been losing 1/2-2 pounds a week here lately so I am hoping that continues. I have been consulting with plastic surgeons and can hardly wait to get it done!!! I have definetly decided on a lower body lift and a boob lift. My skin has tightened up quite a bit surprisingly. My tummy has really tightened up. I have alot of stretch marks from my pregnancies so that is why i need the lower body lift. I just want to walk around my house in nothing but a pair of heels and look smoking hot! :party: I feel pretty hot in clothes but naked not so much lol..

wow.. I am glad he is ok!

Woo hoo on losing the pound Long! I feel so bad that you were on a plateau for so long! I freak about 1 week and the scale not moving! I have been excercizing alot lately so I think that has really helped me to keep moving. I was pretty excited to hit 170! I can hardly wait to see the scale say 169! It is frustrating though because being so close I keep weighing myself to see if I hit it and I go between 170-172 throughout the day. I hate that it fluctuates.. I usually am at my lowest weight for the day first thing in the morning. I am hoping to hit 169 by my bandiversary on the 20th. I have been losing 1/2-2 pounds a week here lately so I am hoping that continues. I have been consulting with plastic surgeons and can hardly wait to get it done!!! I have definetly decided on a lower body lift and a boob lift. My skin has tightened up quite a bit surprisingly. My tummy has really tightened up. I have alot of stretch marks from my pregnancies so that is why i need the lower body lift. I just want to walk around my house in nothing but a pair of heels and look smoking hot! :tt2: I feel pretty hot in clothes but naked not so much lol..

Actually when I went to update my signature and ticker, it was 2 lbs!! WOOHOO!! You sure have gotten on a losing pace, I remember we hit 100 about a day apart and now you've sped right on by!! I want to catch you!! LOL My exercise was not as good in May as it had been. I had out of town company, cruise, etc. I've done something but nothing of the intensity I was. This past week or so I've been upping it up again and I loss. HMMM is there a connection there??? :thumbup: Wish I didn't have to do the exercise. :party:

So will your insurance help you out on the plastic surgery? Is it expensive? Will it be all in one procedure? I've not decided if I want to go that route yet or not. I have some skin that bugs me but it's not too bad. And some how I doubt I'd still ever feel 'smokin' hot'. LOL

Actually when I went to update my signature and ticker, it was 2 lbs!! WOOHOO!! You sure have gotten on a losing pace, I remember we hit 100 about a day apart and now you've sped right on by!! I want to catch you!! LOL My exercise was not as good in May as it had been. I had out of town company, cruise, etc. I've done something but nothing of the intensity I was. This past week or so I've been upping it up again and I loss. HMMM is there a connection there??? :thumbup: Wish I didn't have to do the exercise. :party:

So will your insurance help you out on the plastic surgery? Is it expensive? Will it be all in one procedure? I've not decided if I want to go that route yet or not. I have some skin that bugs me but it's not too bad. And some how I doubt I'd still ever feel 'smokin' hot'. LOL

LOL.. My insurance will not cover it. I was a self pay on the lapband and looks like the plastic surgery is going to cost about what my band did around $19,000. But hey under $40,000 and I get a whole new lease on life! My hubby says i look great now but I have a little kanga pouch or hang over skin on my belly which i hate! My boobs still look good but I want them to look better! I will have it all done at one time and it looks like I will be out of work for about 3 weeks which is fine since I have a month saved up. We will see when I get it done though. My boss has been really understanding and compassionate about it. I was looking on my wii fit at how I have been losing and I realized I am losing as fast or close to as fast as I was in the beginning. My hubby says my metabolism has really sped up. But also I really don't eat very much at all. I am at about maybe a cup and a half of food for the entire day. I am never hungry. I feel terrific though and my hair has all grown back so I feel like I am doing great! And long you are smoking hot girl!

Hey everyone! Long I feel just like you. I hit May and the losing just stopped. You, Allie and I all hit 100 pounds at the same time and I'm sitting at 124 now. I'm having a small fill next week just because my coverage runs out on the 17th. I'm thinking it's probably a good thing as I am able to eat a little more than I should. Glad you had a blast on your cruise and that your son is ok!

Allie, where are you coming in VA? If you are close we should get together!!

I spoke at my surgeons seminar last night and WOW what an amazing experience. Last night I was able to truly see where I was and how far I've come. It was just a little over a year ago when I was sitting where they were and now, well, it all kind of clicked. I can't wait to do it again! Only 8 more days of school until SUMMER!! I'm so excited to spend this summer at the pool and beach :frown: It's gonna be great!

Hey everyone! Long I feel just like you. I hit May and the losing just stopped. You, Allie and I all hit 100 pounds at the same time and I'm sitting at 124 now. I'm having a small fill next week just because my coverage runs out on the 17th. I'm thinking it's probably a good thing as I am able to eat a little more than I should. Glad you had a blast on your cruise and that your son is ok!

Allie, where are you coming in VA? If you are close we should get together!!

I spoke at my surgeons seminar last night and WOW what an amazing experience. Last night I was able to truly see where I was and how far I've come. It was just a little over a year ago when I was sitting where they were and now, well, it all kind of clicked. I can't wait to do it again! Only 8 more days of school until SUMMER!! I'm so excited to spend this summer at the pool and beach :frown: It's gonna be great!

Hey Jennifer!

I will be going to Williamsburg, Va July 3-9 then 10-12 bedford, va. I would love to see you! I am not sure where richmond is but I hope it's close!

I am also doing seminars and love it! You are lucky to have the summer off! I am super jealous :welldone2: