Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because mashed potatoes are yummy... :thumbdown:

Hey everyone, I just got lucky and was passed over by some very bad weather and tornados.

Allie, good find on the clothes....you are so lucky!

Long, I bet your mini session at the surgery center really made you feel good, you deserve the positive attention. I know the last time I went in for a fill, it seemed like everyone in the waiting room was looking me, because I was looking pretty good :thumbup:

I went an did my run walk this morining, and now my 14's are getting baggy :thumbup: :confused:

Glad everyone is doing good!!!!!!!!!!!

love ya all,

lucy

Hi Junies,

I have been lurking and reading all along but havent had much to report as I have been at a full stop on the weight loss for a long time. Last time I had a fill I had gained a bit back and was really discouraged. Especially when the nurse suggested I start keeping a food diary. Geez, why dont I go join weight watchers while I am at it? Cuz it doesnt work for me! grrrrrrrrrr

On the other hand, I have lost 45 lbs and only wanted to lose 100 when I started this journey. So I am about half way there. And I have re-evaluated my goal and now think I only need to lose about 30 to be at a healthy weight. So I don't have far to go...hence why its taking longer!

I had been thinking and researching bikes for the last year, but as I have mentioned earlier, lost my job, lost my house because of that, had to move and take a lower paying job...and now just started another new one that pays well and I actually like it!! so today I finally went out and bought my bike!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Its a Trek, a trail bike and its wonderful! I already did a 45 min ride today (then my skinny tush said enough!) and I haven't been on a bike in probly 25 years! So now I feel pretty good about myself! Maybe now adding some bike time along with my gym workouts will be the kick it takes to help me start losing again. Sure hope so.

Well now I am off to Walmart to find a car carrier for the bike. I learned how to take off the front tire to make it fit in the car but dont want to do that every time i go out for a ride. gotta get a lock too. Wish me luck junies and hope I don't blister my Buns out on the trail tomorrow!

And I am so proud of all you losers!!! you are doing great! Someone adopt me and take me with you on your vacation spots, they all sound like so much fun!

Hi Junies,

I have been lurking and reading all along but havent had much to report as I have been at a full stop on the weight loss for a long time. Last time I had a fill I had gained a bit back and was really discouraged. Especially when the nurse suggested I start keeping a food diary. Geez, why dont I go join weight watchers while I am at it? Cuz it doesnt work for me! grrrrrrrrrr

On the other hand, I have lost 45 lbs and only wanted to lose 100 when I started this journey. So I am about half way there. And I have re-evaluated my goal and now think I only need to lose about 30 to be at a healthy weight. So I don't have far to go...hence why its taking longer!

I had been thinking and researching bikes for the last year, but as I have mentioned earlier, lost my job, lost my house because of that, had to move and take a lower paying job...and now just started another new one that pays well and I actually like it!! so today I finally went out and bought my bike!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Its a Trek, a trail bike and its wonderful! I already did a 45 min ride today (then my skinny tush said enough!) and I haven't been on a bike in probly 25 years! So now I feel pretty good about myself! Maybe now adding some bike time along with my gym workouts will be the kick it takes to help me start losing again. Sure hope so.

Well now I am off to Walmart to find a car carrier for the bike. I learned how to take off the front tire to make it fit in the car but dont want to do that every time i go out for a ride. gotta get a lock too. Wish me luck junies and hope I don't blister my Buns out on the trail tomorrow!

And I am so proud of all you losers!!! you are doing great! Someone adopt me and take me with you on your vacation spots, they all sound like so much fun!

Strike!! I have missed you! I am glad you checked in and sounds like you are doing great. Congrats on the new bike! :blink:

Hey Junies!!!!!! Happy Monday! Got home this morning about 11:30. I always run errands on Monday mornings since I am going through town on my way from the lake place. Got the ole' farms fed and then got caught up on all my threads. Takes awhile!

Lucy..hope you enjoy the new job and happy you found some clothes that you like. Congrats on the baggy size 14's!

Allie...good going on the shopping at NY&Co. I LOVE that store...especially because they carry talls. Your post makes me want to run to NY&Co this week to see what I can find. I was in there a couple of months ago and found ALOT. Trouble is...our store is 2.5 hours from where I live and only make it there once every 6 mo. I was able to find slacks in every color in size zero, tall. (Keep in mind I am VERY small boned, hence the smaller size...no bragging going on...just the size it takes to fit me). They fit to a tee and wash up really nice.

Angel...Happy Bandiversary!!!! and congrats on the 9lbs lost. You will get there. Just keep plugging away and be patient. And..........LAY OFF THE MASHED TATORS!!!!!!!! (Just had to give you crap!)

Hey Strike....nice to see you post. I love biking but do not have a decent bike right now. Me thinks that DH should buy that for my upcoming bandiversary? We live on a super busy highway with lots of big semi grain trucks. I have visions of me on the windshield but would just ride it up by our lake home.

Hey Allie...I was going to sit out on the patio today and tan and read. Oops....no sun to be had today. Darn! Still have not found that tanning bed that I want. I get such a good deal from friend that owns a salon...$50/ 2 months of unlimited tanning. Problem is I have to drive 30 miles round trip just to tan. I promised myself the bed for getting to goal and I keep swaying back and forth on whether it would be worth the $$$ spent. DH says go for it so need to make a decision soon. I am thinking that as long as I waited this long I might just wait to get a good deal this fall.

Hey Long......you support grouper! Looking forward to your "Yahoo" here soon!

Better get my butt in gear so I can take off again on Wed. I am such a lucky girl to do what I do and actually have this time in the summer that I do at the lake. But, I earned it after busting my butt for almost 30 years on this farm and going to take it!!!!

Hi Apples,

yep I love my bike. Its cheaper than a tanning bed! lol My tan is coming from tanning lotion since I cant seem to tan with the sun. I just burn and peel and get miserable and then turn white again...and I am getting all kinds of moles popping out so I will stay out of the sun as much as I can. I think your hubs should get you a bike. and a tanning bed if thats what you want. After all, thats what hubs are for, right? to cater to our skinny butts?? lol Your lake house sounds wonderful. Hope there arent too many steep hills that would make biking hard. I do ok on the katy trail, its pretty flat. Hope this extra form of exercise gets me out of this stuck place I have been in for a long time. I aint done losing yet!

Good to hear from you STrike. Congrats on that bike. I got one last summer. ROde it some but was disappointed as I got it for my knee but my knee still hurt. DH & I have been planning on going for some rides in the evenings, but lately we've had tornado warnings every day. 8 days in a row so far, and rain. The weather folks can't seem to predict anything either, they said this severe weather was going to move on BEFORE last weekend. Hopefully there's nothing today.

STILL no WOO HOO from me on losing weight. STILL stuck. I need to up the exercise I guess. It's been on again off again lately. Holding at 180-181 and I want 179 so badly by the 30th when I have my one year post op visit. My doc set 'anything below 180' as my first goal. And I need those 8's to fit more comfortably!

Hi Apples,

yep I love my bike. Its cheaper than a tanning bed! lol My tan is coming from tanning lotion since I cant seem to tan with the sun. I just burn and peel and get miserable and then turn white again...and I am getting all kinds of moles popping out so I will stay out of the sun as much as I can. I think your hubs should get you a bike. and a tanning bed if thats what you want. After all, thats what hubs are for, right? to cater to our skinny butts?? lol Your lake house sounds wonderful. Hope there arent too many steep hills that would make biking hard. I do ok on the katy trail, its pretty flat. Hope this extra form of exercise gets me out of this stuck place I have been in for a long time. I aint done losing yet!

I tan easilly. Never was the young teen on the beach striving for a deep dark tan but now just like to have some color.

There are plenty of hills up at the lake and would probably find me dead at the bottom of one if I rode a bike on them. But, there's lots of routes without hills. Funny...mentioned a bike to DH this morning and he just looked at me weird and said "You'd kill yourself on that thing". Guess I'll continue to walk!:bored:

You are right where I am, Long. I am stuck at 180 but at my lowest was at 173. Its just inched back and I am just about killing myself at the gym and now riding my bike too. 8's??? are you kidding me? you must be taller than I am. my 180 fits snugly in 12's and I am happy about that. I am 5'4" We gotta come up with a plan to get into the 170's. Maybe a competition? Whatcha think? I seriously need a kick in the rear and some motivation. You are soooo much closer to your goal than I am. YAYYYYY LONG!!!!

Apples,

Tell your hubby he can ride behind you and watch your booty on the bike ride. Maybe that will change his attitude!!!!

Hi everyone...Tried to read back through all the posts from when I last posted....Seems like everyone is doing well. I did not get a new bike, however last week my husband bought me one of those big cushy seats for my daughters brand new bike that she left behind. Now I can ride forever, my butt was killing me after 2 minutes on that old hard skinny seat. Besides bike riding I've started walking a lot more now that I am spending more time at our cottage and I am on my second week of Pilates. Oh and I went Water skiing on Sunday! I had not been able to lift my fat butt out of the water for the past 5 years. I got right up the first time and every time after. What a difference not having to lift an extra 80 pounds up. My doctor made me give him one goal besides weight loss that I wanted to achieve and I did it. :wink2: Now my next goal is to Slalom Ski by the end of the summer. This will take lots of strength, so we'll see.

It's interesting to me to see the big difference in clothes sizes some of you are wearing that are near the same weight and height as me. I'm wearing 14's, I definitely carry my weight in the hips, butt and thighs. I still don't know how to shop. Keep buying things a size to big and turning around and exchanging for a size smaller. Just think it's a mental thing. Bra size has gone way down, had to buy some more new bras yesterday..just shrinking away much faster than the rest of me..ugh the girls need a major lift.

Well I better stop rambling....good night :)

Good Morning!

Well, tomorrow my daughter graduates from high school.. I can't believe it! I am super proud of her. Friday I go meet with the plastic surgeon and hubby said I can get everything I want done :wink2: I am hoping to schedule surgery in middle of December that way with holidays and such it won't be so terrible for the guys at work without me. Also so my family will be around to help. I am thinking I might be able to lose some more before December which would be great. I started taking a prilosec every night before bed and what a difference! I wasn't having reflux at night but I started having some chest pains during the day and now they are gone. I am struggling with eating lately too. I personally think it is a mental thing.

Well, have a great day and I will let you know what the doc says on Friday.. that is also weigh in day :)

Mornin' Girls!

Well, one year ago today about this time I was heading for the hospital and ready to be a lapbander. Best thing I ever did. It's been a great year and do not know where that time went. No complications to speak of (except losing a little more than I wanted to). I have learned to accept where I am at, feel good and look good. No crap...I could run circles around any 19 yr old. I was on the track team in college and I truly believe I could do it right now at 53 yrs old. I did get a Happy Bandiversary this morning from DH. Want to take this opportunity to let you girls know you are special to me. I know I was not always extremely active on this thread but always felt like coming home when I was looking for support. And....I thank you all for that. Wish we could all find a common meeting ground, meet and spend some time together. Maybe some day. You guys let me know what works for you and I will arrange it. I am thinking we could all meet somewhere in Missouri. Kind of a mid point?

Strike...I'll have to get one of those kiddie seats and haul DH behind me on my bike when I get it! Sounds like you are doing the right things. Just need something to kick that metabolism back into gear. Like I told Long on another thread...maybe the 5 day pouch test to give you both that start again. I know it can be frustrating. The closer I got to goal, the more the lapses in weight loss. I would sit for weeks without a loss. Hang in there.

VZG...Woohoo!!!!! Water skiing! What a girl! I notice so often how people compare their sizes to what others are wearing. By the sound of it, we are all different shapes and sizes. Not fair to yourself, VZG, to compare your size to someone else's. I am sure you look just great in your size 12's. I am the reverse...long, skinny legs (34-36" inseam), long skinny arms and carry everything in the middle. Lost some of the boobs but still carry enough to make me look out of proportion. But, you know what? I decided going into this that I was going to be sooooooooooo much more accepting of myself and my body. I accept what I have ended up with and am very happy.

Allie...congrats on the daughter's graduation. Having a party for her? If you did it like we do around here you wouldn't be finding time to post. We all cook a meal...beef, pork, appetizers, cake, salads, etc. My 28 yr old had 275 at his party and 26 yr old had 490 people. Everyone just shows up to wish them well.

Better get going. Bday lunch with a friend today, going to fit a tanning session in, visit my 89 yr old friend (she is actually my best friend in the world and can talk to her about everything) and then back home to pick up my dog and then off to the lake.

You all have a great weekend and thanks again for being such a great support system. Love ya all!!!

Apples Happy Bandaversiary!!!!

I do totally accept the size that I am and try not to get hung up on the number, just found the size differences interesting. Just imagine one year ago I was a size 24 or 3X!!!!!

I'm planning on packing up too and heading to the lake tomorrow for the week. Yes I just started a new job and already have vacation. I negotiated a great salary/vacation package as part of the deal.

Everyone have a great day!!!!