Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks slinky your a gem!!

Have all that packed now, went out and bought pre made shakes that I'm going to freeze and hopefully they be still cold by the time I need them & packet of Soup but as u said hopefully I won't feel hungry! Just to pop the shop n get wind ease I'm hoping to be 1 of the lucky 1s and not have to use it!! Il let you's know how I get on, and no doubt I be back on to ask question! This forum is literally a life saver! :-)

just travel light especially if your on your own,like i was cause your quite tender,i took a portable dvd player and movies to watch and just rested most of the day in my bed lol,when you get to the hospital your taxi normally come around 6 i got the hotel to waken me at 5.30 so i could shower,when you arrive go in the hospital and to the right is a waiting room you take a ticket and sit and wait until your number is called,then they sort you out and you go up to the wards,were you meet chris debruyne for a quick run over surgery,you then get into you gown and put your white surgical stockins on ready for surgery i got a time for my surgery not everone does thou,i asked for a pre med tablet of the nurse to calm me down as i panic about everything,and bear in mind when they come and take you form the ward you think this is is,its not you go to a waiting room in the surgery but it dosnt take that long and before you know it your waking up in recovery depending on how you cope,if your not coping well they give you morphine otherwise you just get a strong painkiller lol good luck and believe me when you wake up after surgery yes you are sore but the next day the pain halves and isnt that bad and its deffo worth it hun,cant wait to see how you get on,ps there is wifi if you want to take a pc xx

just travel light especially if your on your own,like i was cause your quite tender,i took a portable dvd player and movies to watch and just rested most of the day in my bed lol,when you get to the hospital your taxi normally come around 6 i got the hotel to waken me at 5.30 so i could shower,when you arrive go in the hospital and to the right is a waiting room you take a ticket and sit and wait until your number is called,then they sort you out and you go up to the wards,were you meet chris debruyne for a quick run over surgery,you then get into you gown and put your white surgical stockins on ready for surgery i got a time for my surgery not everone does thou,i asked for a pre med tablet of the nurse to calm me down as i panic about everything,and bear in mind when they come and take you form the ward you think this is is,its not you go to a waiting room in the surgery but it dosnt take that long and before you know it your waking up in recovery depending on how you cope,if your not coping well they give you morphine otherwise you just get a strong painkiller lol good luck and believe me when you wake up after surgery yes you are sore but the next day the pain halves and isnt that bad and its deffo worth it hun,cant wait to see how you get on,ps there is wifi if you want to take a pc xx

ps forgot to say you have to give yourself injections after op,they are given to you,and honestly dont hurt at all im needle phobic and had to do my own and they arnt bad at all just grab a bit of fat on your tummy and pop it in all wil be great xx

ps forgot to say you have to give yourself injections after op,they are given to you,and honestly dont hurt at all im needle phobic and had to do my own and they arnt bad at all just grab a bit of fat on your tummy and pop it in all wil be great xx

Thanks slinky, great advice. My partner is travelling with me, so he be doing all the lugging, all packed & ready for the start of my new life ha! Il deal with does injection when I have to ha! The taughts of it at the moment eeekkkk!

Thanks slinky, great advice. My partner is travelling with me, so he be doing all the lugging, all packed & ready for the start of my new life ha! Il deal with does injection when I have to ha! The taughts of it at the moment eeekkkk!

Good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well will be sending positive thoughts :)

Good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well will be sending positive thoughts :)

Ahhhhhh thanks cazzy!

You's are all so good! X

Hi Everyone,

Im just wondering had anyone had any problems with a port/ tubing leak with Dr. Chris? I had a leak in August 2011 and have just found out i might have one again :( Im devastated and furious and just keep asking, why me?

I got my band on 29th June 2010 and had a rocky start. they couldnt find my port to fill it and i ended up going over to brussels in November 2010 to Dr chris. he was able to fill it but told me my port was loose and hanging off. I was terrified but he assured me it would be fine and i could still get fills and loose weight, but i would eventually need a revision surgery.

In April 2011 i achieved perfect restricition and was loosing weight steadily, by May i got down to 17 stone and was feeling amazing. In july i noticed my restriction had decreased so i booked another fill to top it up. three days after the fill i realised something was wrong, i couldnt feel my band restricting me anymore. It was empty.

Frederik arranged for me to go back to belgium for a revision and ECFS paid for everything except my fiance's flight. The operation wasnt as painful as the first but i still had to take two weeks to recover.

Since that operation i have not felt restriction once. After my last fill in April i had enough, i decided to fly over to dr chris in brussels and get checked because ecfs were telling me i had 7.75 lks in my band but i felt nothing. I know what restriction feels like so i was worried that the band had slipped or something.

dr chris pulled out the contents of the band and surprise surprise there was barely anything in the thing. So he tells me its possible there is another leak. He advised me to contact frederik and arrange further action.

I am sick and tired of these problems when everyone else i know has had none! Has anyone had an experience like this? Am i just unlucky? I'm considering having it removed at this point.

Amanda

Hi Everyone,

Im just wondering had anyone had any problems with a port/ tubing leak with Dr. Chris? I had a leak in August 2011 and have just found out i might have one again :( Im devastated and furious and just keep asking, why me?

I got my band on 29th June 2010 and had a rocky start. they couldnt find my port to fill it and i ended up going over to brussels in November 2010 to Dr chris. he was able to fill it but told me my port was loose and hanging off. I was terrified but he assured me it would be fine and i could still get fills and loose weight, but i would eventually need a revision surgery.

In April 2011 i achieved perfect restricition and was loosing weight steadily, by May i got down to 17 stone and was feeling amazing. In july i noticed my restriction had decreased so i booked another fill to top it up. three days after the fill i realised something was wrong, i couldnt feel my band restricting me anymore. It was empty.

Frederik arranged for me to go back to belgium for a revision and ECFS paid for everything except my fiance's flight. The operation wasnt as painful as the first but i still had to take two weeks to recover.

Since that operation i have not felt restriction once. After my last fill in April i had enough, i decided to fly over to dr chris in brussels and get checked because ecfs were telling me i had 7.75 lks in my band but i felt nothing. I know what restriction feels like so i was worried that the band had slipped or something.

dr chris pulled out the contents of the band and surprise surprise there was barely anything in the thing. So he tells me its possible there is another leak. He advised me to contact frederik and arrange further action.

I am sick and tired of these problems when everyone else i know has had none! Has anyone had an experience like this? Am i just unlucky? I'm considering having it removed at this point.

Amanda

poor you amanda i havnt heard of anyone having so many problems i have heard of a leak or a port problem which has been sorted out by the team,but i understand that your feeling why me so would i hunny i hate surgery,could you not ask them to do a sleeve by pass at this point if they are having problems with the band i dont know if you would wnat that or not im just thinking if it was me,becaus i would hate all the messing about when you just want to loose weight or ask them what they think should be done at this stage i hope you get somthing sorted hun keep us posted xx

mini me hope your doing ok hun and all has gone well :D

mini me hope your doing ok hun and all has gone well :D

was wondering the same :)

i go for my pre - op assessment tomorrow and then next weekend boom 5 hours of much needed plastic surgery lol

was wondering the same :)

i go for my pre - op assessment tomorrow and then next weekend boom 5 hours of much needed plastic surgery lol

Hi cazzy n wannabe,

Thanks for thinking about, op went fine, back In the hotel with my. Feet up. Chris bart nurse hospital were fantastic . Excited & a wee bit sore. but very happy I've done it!!!!

poor you amanda i havnt heard of anyone having so many problems i have heard of a leak or a port problem which has been sorted out by the team,but i understand that your feeling why me so would i hunny i hate surgery,could you not ask them to do a sleeve by pass at this point if they are having problems with the band i dont know if you would wnat that or not im just thinking if it was me,becaus i would hate all the messing about when you just want to loose weight or ask them what they think should be done at this stage i hope you get somthing sorted hun keep us posted xx

Thanks Slinky,

I couldnt even imagine having any more surgery, I thought it was awful having to go back on the table a second time and they assured me i was only one of five people this has ever happened to. Now i just dont trust them at all. Ive been emailing frederick and he is arranging to meet me in dublin next week. Dr chris put 2mls in to see if it would leak out again so fred will know next friday if it is a slow leak. Dr chris tried to convince me to go for the bypass but im not going to. Ive spent so much money already and im just at my wits end. This is not where i thought i would be two years ago when i decided to get the operation. And the worst thing is my wedding is now 11 months away.

Ill keep you posted anyway! Just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues because im worried if its the guys doing the fills then im wasting my time getting this leak fixed again you know?

Thanks Slinky,

I couldnt even imagine having any more surgery, I thought it was awful having to go back on the table a second time and they assured me i was only one of five people this has ever happened to. Now i just dont trust them at all. Ive been emailing frederick and he is arranging to meet me in dublin next week. Dr chris put 2mls in to see if it would leak out again so fred will know next friday if it is a slow leak. Dr chris tried to convince me to go for the bypass but im not going to. Ive spent so much money already and im just at my wits end. This is not where i thought i would be two years ago when i decided to get the operation. And the worst thing is my wedding is now 11 months away.

Ill keep you posted anyway! Just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues because im worried if its the guys doing the fills then im wasting my time getting this leak fixed again you know?

I know some of the US people who have had leaks have silicone Fluid put in whioch can help block a small leak, a large leak u are looking at replacement. Its not really a trust issue anything that involves fluid, air, rubber, tubing etc etc stands a chance of leaking, i had 2 brand new typres on my car both got punctures within 3 months of each other .. its just the way things are some are lucky can do what they want, not look after themselves or the band and never get a problem, others do nothing wrong and get a string of problems. I had my band done in the UK but would choose Dr. Chris if i had to go abroad and even with the problems you have had there are still many many people who havent had the problems.. freak occurances in my humble opinion .. let them sort ot out and get this over with quick so u can concentrate on losing the weight and your wedding ...this really is minor surgery like having your wisdom teeth out .. i am a lot older thana most of u here and i am putting myself on the table for 5 hours of surgery.. you have your whole life ahead of you 30 mins more on the operating table if that is needed really isnt worth stressing over in the grand scheme of things .. just concentrate on those wedding pics and how good u will look :) i really hope it gets sorted for u and might be worth asking Fred about the silicone fluid thing to stop leaks :)

Hi cazzy n wannabe,

Thanks for thinking about, op went fine, back In the hotel with my. Feet up. Chris bart nurse hospital were fantastic . Excited & a wee bit sore. but very happy I've done it!!!!

so good to hear u are doing ok .. now comes the hard work :) let us know if u need any support/help always here if u need :) Hoping u have a speedy recovery and safe journey home :)

Hi has anyone got a filled booked for this month in glasgow or edinburgh? I have been trying to book an appointment for tomorrow but fred isnt getting back to me, no luck with the number on their website either. I used to have a number for Julie but not got it anymore. I NEED A FILL!!! Put on 7lbs since last month eek.......was so much better not being able to eat lol x

That my first week over, got on the scales this morning & ive lost 16pound, I'm delighted. Starting to feel hungry now :-( is this normal after a week, the liquids aren't to bad, just getting a bit tired of Soups now, quick question how much shud I be eating at this stage, I'm only managing Water, yogurts n Soup, would love a different texture im living for the mushy stage haha!!!