Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Jane thanks for your support on here, I have just added you as a friend on Facebook :rolleyes: you ave started at about the same BMI as myself and I am really hoping I do as good as you. Maybe I should get a dog too!I don't think my husband would approve he is a bit of a clean house freak, But i have always wanted one.

I am hoping for me this is what i really need I have put a stone on a year for the last 6 years, it just been slowly creeping on. The people who I work with are all big eaters far too many cakes come in to the office for us all to share!

:)

Thanks for the reply, just trying to get every thing ready, I be flying out tomorrow week! Eek!!! Nerves n excitement all together!!! How has your journey been so far! I'm getting married next sept 2013 so I'm hoping to have shed most of my weight!!! Gym membership bought & already eyeing up new clothes! :-) Just hope I'm not living in a dream world!!!!

good luck or next week mini and dont worry your not living in a dream world it worked for all of us hun xx

I need a kick up the arse! chocolate and wine are my downfall too. When nothing else goes down they still will. Will start again from now. Need willpower. And hi to freckles Et al. My app on iPhone not so good.

what kind of iphone app have you got?I have an i phone i was wondering if there where any good diet apps on there because i do use a few apps on the phone which have been very good.My friend was showing me a app last time that you can put on your phone to tell when your fertile for baby making..Thats why i am trying to lose the weight to have the babies.

Hi Jane thanks for your support on here, I have just added you as a friend on Facebook :rolleyes: you ave started at about the same BMI as myself and I am really hoping I do as good as you. Maybe I should get a dog too!I don't think my husband would approve he is a bit of a clean house freak, But i have always wanted one.

I am hoping for me this is what i really need I have put a stone on a year for the last 6 years, it just been slowly creeping on. The people who I work with are all big eaters far too many cakes come in to the office for us all to share!

Great to be friends on facebook we can do that instant messaging stuff :unsure: my aim If my plan goes ok, I can wear a nice dress at Christmas, that's my goal! I know I won't quite be to target, but it will be nice to go shopping for a relatively "normal" sized dress instead of passing rails of floral tents hoping to find something reasonably fashionable.

I'm really chuffed actually, I've managed to get my BMI down this year is going to be the year for me because i started very big, and i been doing this slowly and steadly.

I agree with you biggerthanaturkey that's the problem at my work too! we all use any excuse for cream cakes and bums, or to go out for a meal at lunch time or after work, up until i had the band fitted it was just a stone for me each year..I just had to stop it or i felt i was going to become a very fat lady indeed with all of the health problems you get from that as well.

They all know at work that i done it now i think there is a bit of twittering behind my back about it...not sure why really i think they get a bit jealous because they have not made the move themselves.

Hi Big Daddy D is back,

Well it has now been 7 weeks since my surgery and I thought I would give everyone in the lapband world an update on my progress. So what has been happening so far. Well I have lost 2 stone already and have been feeling more and more like my old self everyday. I have to be honest I have relied very heavily on the support of Bridget from Europe Surgery and I know without her support and counselling I would not be anywhere near as successful. I have spoken to Bridget about 100 times since I got back and I am so glad I used her as I feel that constanly contacting the surgeon would not be good. Bridget is always available with handy tips and advice and words of encouragement, she is never to busy to hold my hand and talk me through the next stage. I have had an easy ride to be honest and am glad I have had someone in the UK guiding me very step of the way. When I booked Bridget told me to call her anytime and I have to say I have more than used this option over the last 7 weeks but to her credit she always picks up the phone and gives me fantastic advice and offers words of encouragement. Anyhow I have 5 more stones to shift and then I will be me again and able to live the life I was meant to in my new slim body.

If you need any advice just call Bridget she will guide you or inbox me and I will try and help the best I can. Thank you Bridget and Europe Surgery for being my guardian angels and helping me achieve what I always thought was impossible.

Big Daddy D

Ohhh, where do I start....

I am really really peed off with myself! I have some restriction, but I am creeping back into old eating habits, chocolate and crisps seem to go down too easily, so this is all I seem to live on, that with a fish pie most nights. But then some days, I am able to eat a sandwich and crisps for lunch? ?!!

I am really dissapointed in myself :( I stopped losing weight before christmas, and have actually managed to put a couple of lbs on too.

I had my xray done, and the radiogropher said it all looked good, and that it looked like i shouldnt have any more fills. I havent been to see Dr Chris yet with the copy of the xray, as I havent had the time or money:(

I am hoping to go in a few weeks, and get a small fill to hopefully give me a kick up the bum and get this weight shifted, i only want to lose another 28 lb, and I want it gone before summer. This journey has taken me a lot loner than i imagined, the girl i was in hosptal with has already got to target weight before christmas and looks great, we were the same weight when we started :(

Sorry for moaning.

Ohhh, where do I start....

I am really really peed off with myself! I have some restriction, but I am creeping back into old eating habits, chocolate and crisps seem to go down too easily, so this is all I seem to live on, that with a fish pie most nights. But then some days, I am able to eat a sandwich and crisps for lunch? ?!!

I am really dissapointed in myself :( I stopped losing weight before christmas, and have actually managed to put a couple of lbs on too.

I had my xray done, and the radiogropher said it all looked good, and that it looked like i shouldnt have any more fills. I havent been to see Dr Chris yet with the copy of the xray, as I havent had the time or money:(

I am hoping to go in a few weeks, and get a small fill to hopefully give me a kick up the bum and get this weight shifted, i only want to lose another 28 lb, and I want it gone before summer. This journey has taken me a lot loner than i imagined, the girl i was in hosptal with has already got to target weight before christmas and looks great, we were the same weight when we started :(

Sorry for moaning.

well done big daddy,the support is brilliant and dosnt it eel good to see the weight comming off,well done hun,and nat dont worry too much everyone is different i have lost the same amount of weight as you and i was banded in july 2010 slow and steady is good,i know with myself it can sometimes take 6 weeks before i see even a couple of pound if im lucky but i go up and down all the time,im not that worried i just feel better at the size i am now instead of nearly 17 stone lol,im planning off having a 1ml defill so i can eat more as somedays i can only eat chocolate as that is all that will go down so i eat it just for some energy,and ive started taking Vitamin b and spa tone lol hope it will help with energy and hair lol

Hi Big Daddy D is back,

Well it has now been 7 weeks since my surgery and I thought I would give everyone in the lapband world an update on my progress. So what has been happening so far. Well I have lost 2 stone already and have been feeling more and more like my old self everyday. I have to be honest I have relied very heavily on the support of Bridget from Europe Surgery and I know without her support and counselling I would not be anywhere near as successful. I have spoken to Bridget about 100 times since I got back and I am so glad I used her as I feel that constanly contacting the surgeon would not be good. Bridget is always available with handy tips and advice and words of encouragement, she is never to busy to hold my hand and talk me through the next stage. I have had an easy ride to be honest and am glad I have had someone in the UK guiding me very step of the way. When I booked Bridget told me to call her anytime and I have to say I have more than used this option over the last 7 weeks but to her credit she always picks up the phone and gives me fantastic advice and offers words of encouragement. Anyhow I have 5 more stones to shift and then I will be me again and able to live the life I was meant to in my new slim body.

If you need any advice just call Bridget she will guide you or inbox me and I will try and help the best I can. Thank you Bridget and Europe Surgery for being my guardian angels and helping me achieve what I always thought was impossible.

Big Daddy D

Well done big Daddy !its good to hear the start of your journey is going so well :) have you had your first fill yet?

hi natalie I know i find it hard at times as well! maybe just could try a small fill? its hard isn't it to know but if you not got much to go maybe thats will you need at the moment to give you the push you need.

Hi Big Daddy D is back,

Big Daddy D

hi big daddy i always call the office in london a lot too, I am surprised there not sick of hearing my voice lol.I do think its great that even through chris is abroad there is a office in the UK you can call for advice. Glad your doing so well is great to have a man on here! it seems more ladies are worried about there weight than men,

natalie I keep doing like you ding really well and then I fall back into bad habits, but over time the weight as still slowly come off I don't think I could do this with out the support i get from people on here and my partner. I think its paobably alright to eat things like chocolate every now and again as long as you keep yourself in check like you are doing and stop again.

hi natalie I know i find it hard at times as well! maybe just could try a small fill? its hard isn't it to know but if you not got much to go maybe thats will you need at the moment to give you the push you need.

Thanks Juliesquirral, i think i will get a small fill at the end of the month when i get paid, i need to take Dr Chris my Xray disc anyway. :)

Hi big daddy,I have now put 8lb back on since xmas, i am finding it sooooo hard to get out of my old habits, it doesnt help that i work from home, the fridge and cupboards are just to close lol. I think perhaps a small fill will get me back on track, its just having the time and the money to get one, i am in Milton keynes, so my closest fill is London, which means a whole day off, and i also have a little one in nursey, so its just hard fitting it all in :)

Hay guys!!! Need a few tips I'm flying out Monday eeekkkk! Can any body give me quick run thru what il need for the hospital n the next day etc!! Thanks folks really appreciate it!

Hay guys!!! Need a few tips I'm flying out Monday eeekkkk! Can any body give me quick run thru what il need for the hospital n the next day etc!! Thanks folks really appreciate it!

hi mini me firstly dont forget your pasport or they wont do it hun you need it for id,i just went in loose clothing jogging bottoms and a baggy t shirt as you bloat and a pair of crocs,for the hospital i just had a wee bag with toiletries and a hand towel,thats all you need hun because your out of it most of the day after op,well i was and the next morning i just put back on the clothes i went in,because you wear one of their gowns for surgery so no need for pjs,and the next day back at the hotel i just drank Water and took pain killers which they give you take a mug because the ones in the hotel arnt any good,and you could take a couple of milkshakes incase you get hungry but you wont lol and maybe some windeeze incase you get trapped wind i never but some peeps did good luck hun any more questions just ask

hi mini me firstly dont forget your pasport or they wont do it hun you need it for id,i just went in loose clothing jogging bottoms and a baggy t shirt as you bloat and a pair of crocs,for the hospital i just had a wee bag with toiletries and a hand towel,thats all you need hun because your out of it most of the day after op,well i was and the next morning i just put back on the clothes i went in,because you wear one of their gowns for surgery so no need for pjs,and the next day back at the hotel i just drank Water and took pain killers which they give you take a mug because the ones in the hotel arnt any good,and you could take a couple of milkshakes incase you get hungry but you wont lol and maybe some windeeze incase you get trapped wind i never but some peeps did good luck hun any more questions just ask

Thanks slinky your a gem!!

Have all that packed now, went out and bought pre made shakes that I'm going to freeze and hopefully they be still cold by the time I need them & packet of Soup but as u said hopefully I won't feel hungry! Just to pop the shop n get wind ease I'm hoping to be 1 of the lucky 1s and not have to use it!! Il let you's know how I get on, and no doubt I be back on to ask question! This forum is literally a life saver! :-)