Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi cazzy n wannabe,

Thanks for thinking about, op went fine, back In the hotel with my. Feet up. Chris bart nurse hospital were fantastic . Excited & a wee bit sore. but very happy I've done it!!!!

how you finding it now mini me have you started on mushy foods yet lol,i couldnt wait he he

Hi everyone :).

Just wanted to introduce myself - feel like I already know you all after reading about 200 pages of this thread!

I'm Natalie and I'm 22. I have been in touch with Frederik about going ahead with the surgery! Was originally looking at sleeve plication but having done more research I think I will be more successful with a band - think being able to adjust it will be a really useful tool. Frederik originally gave me some dates in June but my partner has an important exam at the end of the month so wouldn't be able to come with me so I'm just waiting for him to give me some July dates now.

I'm so impatient for it now though! I can't wait to be confident and happy and do all the things I used to again. And you guys are such an inspiration! Hurry up and email me back Frederik!! :P

Hi everyone :).

Just wanted to introduce myself - feel like I already know you all after reading about 200 pages of this thread!

I'm Natalie and I'm 22. I have been in touch with Frederik about going ahead with the surgery! Was originally looking at sleeve plication but having done more research I think I will be more successful with a band - think being able to adjust it will be a really useful tool. Frederik originally gave me some dates in June but my partner has an important exam at the end of the month so wouldn't be able to come with me so I'm just waiting for him to give me some July dates now.

I'm so impatient for it now though! I can't wait to be confident and happy and do all the things I used to again. And you guys are such an inspiration! Hurry up and email me back Frederik!! :P

hi natalie and good luck on your band journey,freddy will soon be in touch with another date dont worry hun you will get a date in july it's so exciting isnt it lol,be careful not to overeat while your waiting thats what i done lol and put on another 2 stone while waiting to get band he he

Hey guys

just to let u know i am 4 days post op and getting ready to have my last drains removed ready for going home tomorrow yaayyyyyyy

its been sore and uncomfortable but relatively low levels of pure pain, the surgeon took off 9lbs of skin lol but am swollen now so scales wont show anything for a good few weeks yet. hands and arms and legs are swollen mainly but compression garments doing their jobs ill try and post some pics when i get home for u to look at :)

Hey guys

just to let u know i am 4 days post op and getting ready to have my last drains removed ready for going home tomorrow yaayyyyyyy

its been sore and uncomfortable but relatively low levels of pure pain, the surgeon took off 9lbs of skin lol but am swollen now so scales wont show anything for a good few weeks yet. hands and arms and legs are swollen mainly but compression garments doing their jobs ill try and post some pics when i get home for u to look at :)

Congrats....your journey is almost complete. You'll be feeling like a new woman (litreally) in no time! x

Hey guys

so pleased for you hun,sounds like all went well just take it easy and enjoy your recovery hope to see pics soon xxxx :D

Congratulations Cazzy, bet you're so excited! Hope it's not too sore!

I've got my op date woohoo! Going over on 9th July for the op on the 10th. Could have gone earlier but the eurostar was cheapest then! Can't wait. Although if this horrid weather keeps up I might cancel - I just don't have any appetite at all....it's tooooooo hot!

Congratulations Cazzy, bet you're so excited! Hope it's not too sore!

I've got my op date woohoo! Going over on 9th July for the op on the 10th. Could have gone earlier but the eurostar was cheapest then! Can't wait. Although if this horrid weather keeps up I might cancel - I just don't have any appetite at all....it's tooooooo hot!

Hi,

I had another fill on Thurs, and can immediately feel the difference! With al the other fills, I was starving 24 hours after. This time I can really feel it, so hopefully I can shift the last of this damn weight :)

Hey guys

good to hear u got some good restriction now nat .. its always a fine balancing act when u get close to goal now we got the nice weather get those salads going :)

i am home and swollen like a balloon lol now i am having to wear compression all over my body .. now if u want hardship try wearing all these garments in this weather arghhhhh lol oh well last year of the suffering hopefully and praying for an indian summer so i can enjoy it after i stop the compression garments. I am around 16 lbs heavier at the minute eeeek but given how much i am swollen i do know that most of it is Fluid retention..

hope u are all keeping ok and ill try and get some pics done next week for u to have a lookie at :)

Thanks for the reassurance. What boggles my mind though is Chris gave me a fill that day, instead of telling me the band needs defilled to give the pouch a chance to reactify itself!

I am quite cross, I do not think we are properly educated in the care of living with the band, that speel he gives us after the op and at consultations isn't enough, how are we supposed to remember everything he says. I also think that they should explain why we can't eat certain thinks, for example bananas? I asked him on my last visit and he explained that things with high protien take longer to digest and therefore must sit in the stomach longer, ok that makes sense. What about the other things...rice swells, meat is too chunky? Celery and citrus..perhaps too acidy? Who knows, but I would rather understand why then it is easier to handle.

Educating our selves on the forum seems to be how most of us have gotten through the process, but I don't think this is enough. I did mention it to one of the secretaries that we need a booklet with questions and answers on it so as that we have more of an understanding.

Fatpants

i booked with europe surgery when you do you just call the london office when ever you need to know anything. The packages are the same you know but it just means that you get support when you have had the band fitted when your not seeing chris or fredrick. These are some of the things i found out. high Protein foods take longer to digest so meat which is mainly Protein takes a long time to break down. Red meat is the worst for us, but i think this is alright because red meat in general in large amounts is not good for anyone and its not like we are totally banned from it you just have to cut down on it. rice like you say it swells up, you can see that when you drop some into Water it gets loads larger in half an hour, we have made a small stomach now we don't want something that swells up so much. White bread again bad just takes a long time to digest. Again white bread we are not banned from it just smaller amounts. I think really the band the main problems are large amounts of white bread and large amounts of red meat, neither is good for us so really its just steering us away from food that not great health wise anyway. Rice does not have many vits in it either so thats no great loss and does not have a fantastic taste so i am not that bothered. if i could have lost the weight without the band i would have done but i knew i could not i tried for years so i don't mind cutting down on the few things i have too now. Celery and citrus fruits have just got too much fibre in them, and fibre again takes ages to digest and go through the band.

Hi,

I had another fill on Thurs, and can immediately feel the difference! With al the other fills, I was starving 24 hours after. This time I can really feel it, so hopefully I can shift the last of this damn weight :)

I really glad its working out for you! i must admit i felt the difference even after the first fill maybe my stomach was still a bit swollen after the surgery? anyway my weight too has been slowly coming off since Christmas.

Hi Janesunny,

I have never heard of 'Europe surgery', I booked through word of mouth straight with Chris. Thanks for all the info, it is true that once you are told all of these things that it seems to make common sense, but I think it should all be explained why we can't eat certain foods, and it should be broken down into laymans terms so we understand, and what happens if we do eat the wrong things, ie: it can cause a blockage, it can cause a slippage, it can cause a pouch and the consequences of these problems, I think it would help us manage the band better!

Take care

Fatpants :)

The lack of info regarding food isnt just a Dr. Chris thing believe me :) i researched a lot for myself and i was with an english private hospital, i think mainly its because there are a few general basics but everyone is different so they give u the do's and don'ts which apply to most people, but not all. u may find u can eat red meat, i eat it and i am fine i was never told any different, you can eat bananas according to my instructions but they are heavy duty on carbs and sugar so i never did eat them.. i dont like rice but was told i could eat a small amount if i could tolerate it... can u see the pattern here we all get told different things and none is an absolute, most of u will get to know what food will get stuck and what food to avoid as its just not worth the calories to eat it.

I avoid anything that is processed and white mainly .. except dairy white then it has to be 0 fat ... i have lost tons using my common sense and sticking to what i know is healthy food ... no food will 'ruin' the band constantly getting stuck and throwing up because u are eating the wrong food for your level of restriction will cause problems in the long run, to me the simple solution is to eat what u know is good, healthy and will help your weight loss, stop eating something if it gets stuck because its just that sort of food and dont load unecessary calories by eating processed food .. if u are healthy and eating like u should your band will tend to stay healthy too .. in general ofc not always :)

Hi everyone, looking for some advice, was banded June last year and had my second fill in November and haven't had one since.

The past few days I keep getting what can only be described as a stitch at my port site but tonight it's really hurting, like a stabbing pain. Im not sure if its actually my port tonight tho because when i press on it it doesnt hurt, it feels a bit higher up under my rib. Does anyone know what this could be?

The only other pain I ever get is shoulder pain when I'm hungry