Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good luck pixie with the operation. Not many people experience any port pain after its healed and certainly not after fills so please put your mind at ease wherever it is placed i am sure you will be fine :)

Please help? Where have people had their ports fitted? Did he ask where you'd prefer it? I'm worried he'll put it on my right side cause I can't sleep on my left or my back so if really struggle to sleep until its completely healed and then struggle again when I have a fill! I will ask when I get there but I'm just worrying now. I get a lot of back and left hip pain, not just being fussy :)

hun i think he puts them all on the left side,but you couldemail him and he will tell you and that will ease your mind,he take a bit of time to get back to you but he will,send him a couple of emails,or go and visit them and have a chat when they are in your area,were you from

well done hun hope your feeling ok,enjoy the start of your journey xx any questions just ask

good to hear u are ok and u got what u wanted :) Good luck for your new future :)

i am in for my thigh lift Oct 18th if i can shake off this darn cold/chest infection.

good to hear u are ok and u got what u wanted :) Good luck for your new future :)

i am in for my thigh lift Oct 18th if i can shake off this darn cold/chest infection.

how you doing now cazzy,did you have your last surgery,you will be like a whole new person bet you feel great

Heya Slinky :)

Yes i had my tummy/back and arms done in May now going in for my thigh lift on October 18th if this cold / chest infection clears up in time, the girls need a lift too but cant afford it and at my age not sure if i seriously need it, or just want it lol

there is some pics of my legs on the cosmetic surgery forum .. legs are awful , they sooo need doing :)

are u doing ok ? i am not on here much now ...

Thanks wannabe slinky... I've heard good things about dr de bruyne.. I see from your previous post you were banded by him..How was your experience with him.

hi he is really good when you go for the fills everyone sits in the waiting room in manchester and chats about there band. Everyone is really pleased with how chris treats then, he is very intelligent you can tell when you talk to him, not known anyone complain everything about there trip to brussels.

You only have to do the x ray once a year I don't think the cost is too bad other companies are charging a lot more for there aftercare packages at least you only have to give the money every now and again whenever you go and not another lump sum.

I bigger than a turkey how you getting on it must be a year since you had your surgery? I booked with chris over two years ago now I got to say I agree with your the aftercare is really great. There is always someone someone in the europesurgery.co.uk office that can help you when you are stuck with what to eat or just need some advice. I think it takes the fear factor out of booking surgery abroad the fact that they have a uk office to call and uk clinics to see Fred and Chris. How much weight have you lost?

I bigger than a turkey how you getting on it must be a year since you had your surgery? I booked with chris over two years ago now I got to say I agree with your the aftercare is really great. There is always someone someone in the europesurgery.co.uk office that can help you when you are stuck with what to eat or just need some advice. I think it takes the fear factor out of booking surgery abroad the fact that they have a uk office to call and uk clinics to see Fred and Chris. How much weight have you lost?

Hi I have lost about 5 stone so far, I really going to try hard this Christmas not to pile it all back on again this has been my mistake for years. Yes i phone the europesurgery office as well sometimes just to check out about after care dates, And I called them a couple of times at the start when i was not sure what you could eat.Really I am surprised that anyone books with anyone else because some of the Uk hospitals have such a bad press for aftercare. For me going to Brussels was just 2 hours on the train from London and now I have all my aftercare in london.

I totally agree Christmas is the worst time of the year for putting on weight I normally put on a stone over

December I think to be honest its the amount of alcohol I drink! and well as food. This year I thinking about going away somewhere cheap and hot, but have not found any deals yet its all looking a bit expensive

Hi I have lost about 5 stone so far, I really going to try hard this Christmas not to pile it all back on again this has been my mistake for years.

Hi Bigger,

are you saying that you gain weight at christmas even after being banded?

How is this possible? unless you eat extra fatty foods etc?

Hey guys just joined!

I am thinking of getting the surgery with Dr. Chris and having read through the comments here it seems the price is no reason to be suspicious!

Quick question... my BMI is 30.5 so it would be on the lower end of the scale to be getting the surgery.

However I have struggled with my weight my whole life and am getting nowhere using traditional methods... and this has been going on for years and years. I work in an environment where there are snack kitchens everywhere and free lunches that are really delicious, and as my willpower is appalling I am really finding it difficult and have been consistently gaining wait over a few years now.

My self confidence is pretty low at the moment however having read around it does seem unusual to get the surgery at this BMI.

I mean I am "obese" by BMI standards anyway and in order to reach my ideal weight I would probably need to lose about 4 stone.

Do you think it's too drastic a step to get at my BMI? My willpower is a major issue and as diets tend not to work for me I can just see myself continuing to gain without it.

Any advice appreciated!

:)

Hi Dublinbandgirl,

I have the same questions as yourself and will attempt to give you my point of view. I haven't had the procedure myself yet because I'm giving exercise and diet one more try. However I will review in the new year.

1.Price: Yes it looks cheap in comparison to say the hospital group. However it appears that medical care in Belgium is a lot cheaper in general. It did cause suspicion in the beginning but I haven't heard any horror stories on this site so far and as you probably know bad news travels faster than good.

2. The BMI of 30 is annoyingly low and 4 stone seems doable. However my view is that my overall health will suffer if I don't act (lose weight) somehow. So my advice is to do something.

3. Work Environment: I worked in a pizza factory for a year and put up 3 stone. So long term even with the band you still have to change your behavior. You should maybe consider changing work environments.

4. Low Self Esteem: This is probably the main reason you are having problems losing weight. For the last 3 years I have suffered from depression and anxiety. Losing job, business, home and relationship all at the same time, I piled on the weight. I'm addressing those issues for the last 6 months and I have stopped putting on weight thankfully.

I hope you make the right decision. The main thing is that you address the emotional and behavioral issues first. Losing weight is only a process (by what ever means). The operation will not succeed if the skeletons are still in the cupboard.

Finally, one thing that bothers me about this forum is that there are no bad stories. I'd like to see the down side (which I am sure there are a few)

Good Luck

Thanks Hazard.

I am currently in the very early stages of looking into this and am also keen to give diet and exercise one last try but they do say the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results! I think this is definitely a last resort for me, and also a preventative measure - to make sure I stop gaining.

I agree it does fundamentally come down to the need for a change in behaviour but I find it difficult to imagine I'll have the discipline to see it through when I haven't in the past.

If I do decide to get the surgery it'll be a long way off - also I think it would be tough for me to get support from friends and family as they may see the surgery as a very extreme measure.

Time will tell - thanks for the input!

Any other thoughts?