Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi guys, just checking in. Not been on for a while, battling with restriction again, but thankfully only fluctuating a kilo either way at the moment. How is everyone doing? Is anyone near to target since the last time i was on? x x

Hi everybody, hope everyone is doing well,

has anyone had a slipped band before? i have got a pain in my chest its like trapped air wanting to come out but can't and i fell no restriction even i have 7.5mls in my band! but the pain is very uncomfortable.

hi i booked with europe surgery as well there just a UK office that you can call before and after you

Hi Janesunny,

I have never heard of 'Europe surgery', I booked through word of mouth straight with Chris. Thanks for all the info, it is true that once you are told all of these things that it seems to make common sense, but I think it should all be explained why we can't eat certain foods, and it should be broken down into laymans terms so we understand, and what happens if we do eat the wrong things, ie: it can cause a blockage, it can cause a slippage, it can cause a pouch and the consequences of these problems, I think it would help us manage the band better!

Take care

Fatpants :)

I booked with Europe surgery as well its just a UK office you can call before and after having the band with chris. It does make it easier if you get stuck on what you should or should not eat or when you should have your fill you just call them. Anyway you can ask people on here as well, everyone wants to help each other :) we all just want to lose weight.

hi i booked with europe surgery as well there just a UK office that you can call before and after you

I booked with Europe surgery as well its just a UK office you can call before and after having the band with chris. It does make it easier if you get stuck on what you should or should not eat or when you should have your fill you just call them. Anyway you can ask people on here as well, everyone wants to help each other :) we all just want to lose weight.

I agree just ask people when u book a fill or ask on here, mostly its common sense but everyone is different so what may be a no no for you isnt one for me and that is why there is no definitive list, there can only be guidelines and some general do's and don'ts.

My biggest help is a really sharp Tomato knife i got off Amazon, made by victorinox i can cut anything up into wafer thin peieces with that knife and it helps so much not to get stuck on any food if u take the time to chop it up really small, i eat salad all the time including celery which a lot of people cant tolerate as it is fibrous, but my knife will cut it with surgical precision to wafer thin slices .. i can eat it no problem then .. i took my knife into hospital with me too when i had my skin surgery, seriously it really helps .. common sense rules on choices of food and follow the do's and don't s :)

Thanks for the tip crazzy I have just ordered one of the website now :) thanks for your help :)

Hello everyone

I can't quite believe that i haven't been on the forum for ages!

I was quite poorly so took myself to the London clinic and had a 2ml defill as looked realky gaunt & lacked so much energy! Weighed in at under 9.7 stones and wasn't confortable. Had bad acid reflux. Frederik was brilliant! Found i could eat poached/coddled eggs which if i had waten before made me throw up!

I am operation 14 pounds which i need to lose for my GP to put a funding request through for breast lift/reduction surgery. So currently sitting at 11 stone 7 lbs and not concerned that i have put in. Still in 10-12 clothes & feel fab! Need to update ticker. Hope eceryone else is well and losing.

Take care

Claire x

Hi guys, I'm super annoyed. My last fill was 3 weeks ago, but suddenly this week the band went bananas.

I can't keep liquids down, not even melted ice cubes. I followed all instructions to try and get the band to loosen up, but I clearly need a defill.

But the defill nurse's phone is turned off. I am completely miserable and really ill. Nausea nausea nausea and pain in my stomach and back. I'm throwing up despite the fact I've had NOTHING today.

What's the point in an emergency defill nurse if they aren't available in an emergency??

I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

Hi guys, I'm super annoyed. My last fill was 3 weeks ago, but suddenly this week the band went bananas.

I can't keep liquids down, not even melted ice cubes. I followed all instructions to try and get the band to loosen up, but I clearly need a defill.

But the defill nurse's phone is turned off. I am completely miserable and really ill. Nausea nausea nausea and pain in my stomach and back. I'm throwing up despite the fact I've had NOTHING today.

What's the point in an emergency defill nurse if they aren't available in an emergency??

I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

Update

Hi all,

Still feeling absolutely rotten. Defill nurse was on holiday and is going to see me today for a defill. Thank goodness. I wasted money going to a gp, who prescribed me 3 different things, none of which helped. I can't wait for mY defill today - I am fantasizing about drinking a glass of Water and keeping it down.

Anyone had a similar experience? Of the band suddenly tightening so seriously, even though its a considerable time since last fill??

Believe me when I say I want to do everything in my power to avoid this happening again.

I'd be super angry with the team if it wasn't for fact Bart and Julie at least tried to get me through it!

Update

Hi guys,

Defill nurse was on holidays, she's back now and is seeing me today for a defill. Thank goodness. I'm fantasising about drinking a glass of Water.

I think its really bad form that there's no back up or information even for if the nurse is away. I wasted money on a Dr who prescribed me all kinds of horrible expensive things that didn't work. And telling me to go to Belfast isn't at all helpful when you're incredibly weak and nauseous. There's just no way I would have been physically able to make the journey.

For the first time I do regret having had the surgery abroad. I'd be much, much angrier though if Bart and Julie hadn't tried at least to advise me and get me through it.

Anyone have similar experience of the band tightening so savagely so far from the last fill? 3 weeks of just right restriction, and now I can't keep liquids down!

Good to hear that u are getting your defill done :)

After a fill i sometimes dont feel it kick in for around 3 weeks either, although when i was over filled i had to go back after 2 weeks, and it is a miserable time. Hopefully the defill will help and u can take fills slower from now knowing u may get too much restriction but delayed :)

Thanks for the tip crazzy I have just ordered one of the website now :) thanks for your help :)

Did u get your new knife ?

Hi guys haven't been on in a good while, I'm 12 weeks banded & 3st 10pd down, delighted so far have excellent restriction at 4.5mls. Only if I got banded years ago!!! Hope every one else is going good... :-)

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok, everyone has been so quiet lately.

Was just wondering if anyone help me out, is it right that you can not get a fill after 12 months post op untill you have an x-ray?

I really need a fill but cant really afford to have both done at the moment.

• Hi everyone,
  • Are there any men on the site? I'm considering this proceedure strongly and would like to get a mans perspective. I like my food and wine and beer and am worried I'll go mad without them.
  • La

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok, everyone has been so quiet lately.

Was just wondering if anyone help me out, is it right that you can not get a fill after 12 months post op untill you have an x-ray?

I really need a fill but cant really afford to have both done at the moment.

hi jo they do like you to have a x ray,but i never had one and im banded in 2010 and still getting fills hun