Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Ladies,

Just to agree with Gillian, i use wendy and have done since my band with Chris. She is brilliant. She also has her husband steve who works with her and they have just employed another nurse who is wonderful. They spent months looking for just the right person and now they have her. She gave me a fill in January and knew exactly how much to give me and was really efficient and knowledgeable as is wendy. You can't go wrong.

Since my fill on 12th Jan, i've dropped 12 kgs. I thought it was loosening since i could eat nearly everything again these past few weeks, but because i got too complacent and ate bread this weekend, it's tightened again and i'm back to mushies and slowly drinking! Serves me right for being silly x

T.You've done great!! Me and my sister been bit naughty eating 'slider' foods and put bit on. Must get back on track!.. May go see Wendy in June after my hols when I've rested my band a bit longer (after it'd been on tight side) but yes Wendy her hubby Steve and now Rosey are all lovely.. Giving you so much time and advice. How long have you been banded now T?

Not much less than me I don't think?. X

Ah do they do defills even if I never had my surgery with them? That would be brill if they did cos im thinking I may need a defill. I emailed my surgeons assistant but he usually takes a while to get back to emails so dont want to leave it to long, stressing is probably making it worse right enough! Yes when I eat something it comes right back up, feels like I have a fullness in my throat area and im constantly burping and making gargling noises. So embarassing in class lol. Thanks for your help x

hi

hi charlene if you phone julie the girl who books the fills she will get you an emergency fill nurse they have them here when chris's team arnt hun,they got me one the same day for when i was overfilled dont wait hun phone and get it done because mine only got worse

Gillian,

Yeah, it'll be 3 years in May. I found it quite slow because when i moved to Saudi in Nov 09, i couldn't get anymore fills here, so lost a few stone over the couple of years here and then got a fill which finally gave me restriction (to a degree) in January so it's great now because i'm in a size 12/14 and feel great for the first time. 8 more kilo's to go then i'm done and will be happy maintaining at 10stone 7lbs. I'm 5ft 7or8 so quite tall. My sister (odgemodge) is doing great, she's losing again and is progressing about the same as me.(if you remember we were banded together).

How's your story going? Have you lost much altogether. Should get some pics up (i'll try to dig out some old ones too) x

Fantastic! Didn't realise odgemodge was your sister!.. Me and my sister 'bigsis' were banded together too it was 3 years last January now. We've done ok. My first aim was to lose enough weight to become active to not have aches pains and break out into a sweat at the thought of walking even!.. I did that after about 3.5 stone in around 7 months. Then I got a bit naughty and 'cheated the band' with slider foods!. CosI had it too tight... So it doesn't pay to have it too tight that proves to me!. I'm resting it now loosened off for few months. Then maybe a little fill in June. Hope to get back on track like you have done! X

Thanks, I have emailed but he usually takes a while to reply. I am in Edinburgh and they are not here again until the end of April but I did wonder about the guarentee side of things. Might have to travel a bit further by the sounds of it. Hopefully he replies soon, im not in any pain with just drinking but I dont like the idea of not having food for days xx

hello i looked at the aftercare dates and fredrick is in glasgow quite soon so maybe just go to him. You don't want to go to other nurses chirs likes you to go to his team incase anyone does something wrong. you best just call Julie or europe surgery and get it booked with chris.

hello i looked at the aftercare dates and fredrick is in glasgow quite soon so maybe just go to him. You don't want to go to other nurses chirs likes you to go to his team incase anyone does something wrong. you best just call Julie or europe surgery and get it booked with chris.

europe surgery number 0208 1444 254 or europesurgery@yahoo.co.uk they always get back to you really quick.

Fantastic! Didn't realise odgemodge was your sister!.. Me and my sister 'bigsis' were banded together too it was 3 years last January now. We've done ok. My first aim was to lose enough weight to become active to not have aches pains and break out into a sweat at the thought of walking even!.. I did that after about 3.5 stone in around 7 months. Then I got a bit naughty and 'cheated the band' with slider foods!. CosI had it too tight... So it doesn't pay to have it too tight that proves to me!. I'm resting it now loosened off for few months. Then maybe a little fill in June. Hope to get back on track like you have done! X

You will! Once you've had your fill, it'll be like a new lease for you. It was only this one fill that has put me straight. i tend to have actimel and green tea for Breakfast (around 8.30) at my desk then have a side salad with boston lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, spring onions, tuna or cheese and alfafa sprouts from about 11.30 which takes about an hour to eat whilst working, then a side plate of anything i want for tea at 5. I can't eat later coz it doesn't settle otherwise. And i still have one night a week out with alcohol, which i should probably cut out!

Ofcourse, that doesn't apply right now coz i've been more restricted the last 2 days to liquids and omelette!

WLS (the UKs number 1 aftercare providerby the way)don't do anything 'wrong' only right, as their many now slimline happy customers can vouch for. I won't tell anyone to go to any fill provider, (I do know of some stories of certain 'providers' going wrong too, but I'm not scare mongering on here or slagging any of them off).it's up to the individual who they go to. Just make sure you have a good 15 mins of advice with them before your fill, and can reach them for emergencies immediately on 24 hrs helpline. That they are well insured, experienced and professional. Good luck to everybody whoever you use. We're all after the same results, and can feel free to share our experiences on this forum

hey guys

had a fill taking me to 6.4ml on the 1St of Feb and haven't really noticed much difference so I'm seeing Wendy again on Saturday in Harley street think I will only need a max of 0.5ml and then I should be right hopefully. i weighed my self the other day and was at about 12stone 9 pounds so have just over 2 stone left.

hope everyone is OK x

WLS (the UKs number 1 aftercare providerby the way)don't do anything 'wrong' only right, as their many now slimline happy customers can vouch for. I won't tell anyone to go to any fill provider, (I do know of some stories of certain 'providers' going wrong too, but I'm not scare mongering on here or slagging any of them off).it's up to the individual who they go to. Just make sure you have a good 15 mins of advice with them before your fill, and can reach them for emergencies immediately on 24 hrs helpline. That they are well insured, experienced and professional. Good luck to everybody whoever you use. We're all after the same results, and can feel free to share our experiences on this forum

Totally agree with you Gillian

I use WLS and always have because they are right for me and I'm 100% happy with them. I too would never tell anyone who to have their aftercare with as everones experiences are different and personal.

That's brilliant odge!.. You've done so well along with your sister.. Well done!.. Not been on here for years now but it's nice to check in and see how you others banded near when we were are doing. I'm going to give myself a kick up the bum with a small full in June after a rest.. Then hopefully I'll be moving again. X

Again, totally agree with you both Gillian and Odge, i'm sure some people on here are on commission! In my opinion, you can only provide the facts, and the facts are that both Chris' team and WLS are reputable companies and should be portrayed as such. Let people make their own minds up!

Hey, odge, how's it going? haven't chatted for a while x

hey guys

had a fill taking me to 6.4ml on the 1St of Feb and haven't really noticed much difference so I'm seeing Wendy again on Saturday in Harley street think I will only need a max of 0.5ml and then I should be right hopefully. i weighed my self the other day and was at about 12stone 9 pounds so have just over 2 stone left.

hope everyone is OK x

Change you ticker Jo x your doing fab x

Hi guys,

Just weighed........ another 2lbs down, the end is in sight! How is everyone else doing? x x