Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good for you!..hope it carries on for you..I hope I'll start up again too in june after this rest, Just shows, the band does work doesn't it.. I can't lose without it x

Well i've been looking at what i've been eating and i think my problem is convenience food. i don't have that much imagination when it comes to small meals so anybody out there have some idea's. i love salad but i find ham salad or cheese or egg with it boring. plus at the moment its snowing so comfort food is all i seem to want. As I work a lot of nights as well i always seem to take a sandwich and a 100 calorie bag of crisps and a small choccy bar and that does me. HELP!!!!!! lol

Well i've been looking at what i've been eating and i think my problem is convenience food. i don't have that much imagination when it comes to small meals so anybody out there have some idea's. i love salad but i find ham salad or cheese or egg with it boring. plus at the moment its snowing so comfort food is all i seem to want. As I work a lot of nights as well i always seem to take a sandwich and a 100 calorie bag of crisps and a small choccy bar and that does me. HELP!!!!!! lol

Jo, try salmon. A small fillet take about 10 mins in oven (i put it in pyrex dish with lid, add lemon juice and rind and sweet chilli sauce) ........ then fry light some courgettes, onions, aubergines, red peppers or make cous cous with lemon juice, rind and salt and pepper.(or all together) it takes 10 mins. x

That sounds gorgeous, may try it myself!.. And how good is that for you! X

Yeah absolutely, the weight is dropping off now i've upped my fish intake to 3 times a week, salmon, king prawns, sole or snapper (cods quite difficult to get here) or i'll have white meat or eggs but rarely eat red meat. It gets stuck now! Loads of healthy meals take 10 mins to cook, chicken breast wrapped in tinfoil parcels in oven with lemon juice and herbs and add root vegetable mash or salad, so quick and easy. I also get lazy and just have a cheese and onion omelette sometimes!

Would be great to swap ideas for meals though, i'm always on the lookout for new recipes! x

Yes fish is one of the best foods for boosting weight loss I've heard! And I can't get enough of king prawns, mussels in garlic fish etc. cottage cheese is nice with prawns or even chopped crabstick, with cucumber and spoon of sweet chilli sauce stored in.. Low fat/high Protein and delicious for a snack. I also have tinned mackerel as lunch sometimes. Smoked fish poached in milk with poached egg on top.. Mmm I'm hungry now! X

Thank you all for the advice, really appreciate it :) Frederick got back to me and im booked in for the glasgow clinic next friday for a slight defill, he said aslong as I can manage liquids then its fine to wait until then. I have stocked up on slim fast shakes for now, not the greatest to drink but it will keep me alive lol! I am not in any discomfort anymore but still not chancing solids, im too scared! I also contacted WLS and they sent me out some info on their aftercare so its good to know there is another reliable place to go if I need to.

Thanks again for all your help, hope you all have a wonderful Easter.......maybe I could get away with melting the choccie in my mouth :)

xx

Hi all, it has been an interesting read, all your stories are good to know. I had my gastric band on 17th Feb 2012 so I am new to all of this. I had my first fill of 2.5mls on March 29th and have my second fill on 26th April. I am still hungry all the time so can't wait to get my next fill. I want to lose 10 stone so I have a long way to go......... but it seems from reading all your stories that once you have the correct amount of fill the weight comes off so I can't wait to start losing it all. x

Hi Charlene, glad you're sorted for your defill. Hope you have a great Easter... And as I know..to my disadvantage..Even at its tightest, any amount of chocolate can pass thro no prob!. So don't go mad! X

Hi Sam! You've got a great weight loss journey to go on this year!.. 10 stone, that's a lot, but you can do it!.. You'll be gradually filled over about 3 months..then good luck, I hope you do brilliant x

Hi all, it has been an interesting read, all your stories are good to know. I had my gastric band on 17th Feb 2012 so I am new to all of this. I had my first fill of 2.5mls on March 29th and have my second fill on 26th April. I am still hungry all the time so can't wait to get my next fill. I want to lose 10 stone so I have a long way to go......... but it seems from reading all your stories that once you have the correct amount of fill the weight comes off so I can't wait to start losing it all. x

hi sam of course you will do it hun,but it take at least from 5ml plus in your band before it starts to work hun if you went with chris debruyne you will normally get 3ml first then 2.5ml the second time and from your third fill you should start to notice the difference its so exciting isnt it lol

Hi guys went to London yesterday and had a top up so back on Soup again till Tuesday. I'd lost exactly a stone since last fill 1st feb and 13 lbs of that was fat so happy with that x how's everyone doing?

hi everybody,hope everyone enjoying the long bank holidays.

i went for a fill last week i now have 7.5ml in my band and haven't lost any weight for 7months!! i have lost 55 Lbs since my surgery in 2010 but that's it im not losing anymore even with my last fill.i have already had an x rays and everything is fine. im always hungry i feel hungry every 2 hours,and when i had a fill up to 8ml then i suffer acid re flux so i had to take 0.5ml out. which mean 7.5 mls is the max i can have.Im getting very depress im just not losing weight.is anybody experiencing the same thing? im quite short 4 11 so i really need to get down to at least 120-100lbs.

hi everybody,hope everyone enjoying the long bank holidays.

i went for a fill last week i now have 7.5ml in my band and haven't lost any weight for 7months!! i have lost 55 Lbs since my surgery in 2010 but that's it im not losing anymore even with my last fill.i have already had an x rays and everything is fine. im always hungry i feel hungry every 2 hours,and when i had a fill up to 8ml then i suffer acid re flux so i had to take 0.5ml out. which mean 7.5 mls is the max i can have.Im getting very depress im just not losing weight.is anybody experiencing the same thing? im quite short 4 11 so i really need to get down to at least 120-100lbs.

sorry your having problems hun,i hardly ever feel hungry,my weigh loss is slow but im close to my goal so not really bothered,do you drink alot hun,i only eat in the evening because my band is too tight in the day lol

Hi guys went to London yesterday and had a top up so back on Soup again till Tuesday. I'd lost exactly a stone since last fill 1st feb and 13 lbs of that was fat so happy with that x how's everyone doing?