Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

I got my surgery end of September and stopped losing weight for three weeks. It was agonizing!! On top of that I couldnt use the bathroom and felt super nauseous. I regretted my surgery and cried and felt very sorry for myself. Once I was able to use the bathroom (talked to my nutritionist about what to do) everything turned out just fine. I’m only (almost) 9 weeks out but the last four weeks I’ve been losing 3-4lbs per week.

What I’m saying is: don’t give up. Don’t stress out. Trust the process and follow your diet. This will work :) (I’m also trying to keep that in mind for next time when I stall 🙃)

Think that's gonna be our mantra here. In it for the long haul folks!

Just had my gastric bypass on 11/22. It is fine physically generally but, is messing with my mind a bit more than I was expecting. Crushing pills and drinking”poison tea” twice a day is so disgusting and nauseated! That is possible the worst part.

Ew, what's the poison tea? I only take one pill and I chew it up. Disgusting alright but a few swigs of coffee and it disappears.

Poison tea consists of whatever daily medications I have to take For me it is 2-3 am and pm for depression, thyroid, plus the Previcid from the doctor. I dissolve them in hot Water, add tea and sweetener, and sip until I want to puke. That is my morning meal. Delicious!

I don’t crush my pills. If smaller than a dime, my instructions say it’s okay. The larger ones that are scored, I break in half.

Hey y'all. I had surgery the day after Thanksgiving. I was in at surgery was at 8 and I was discharged the following day at 4. I'm not hungry, I not taking pain pills throughout the day. I took one last night at 9 and then again at 6 this morning. I took a dose of liquid Tylenol about noon. I took my final one for the day at 9 PM. I'm walking, walking, around the house, and we even got out today and I walked around Walmart for a while just to walk. The only thing I'm worried about is I can take a drink of Water, more than the little medicine cup. Is that bad? Harmful? I guess maybe I need to be pouring my drinks into the little cup. What do you think?

I got home last night after a five day stay in hospital. I had swellings and struggling still to get even liquids down. I also really struggled with the tablets getting stuck, who knew dissolved tablets are not really dissolved. I have no pain at all but am just weak and wobbly. I am glad I got everything prepared in advanced. I will need a few days more than everyone else to feel it was a good idea to go through with this

I had mine on November 2nd and so far I am ok. I had some issues that I really wasn't expecting but not too horrible.

Had my surgery on 11/24. I have not had any pain! I am so excited to see how this goes! I am already down 17 pounds in total from 11/10 to 11/29

Hi everyone, I must be the last one in the group to get the surgery done on 11/30. Next day after surgery is over and now trying to sleep.

Pain wise it is manageable but still uncomfortable. On Tylenol for it. I hope in couple of days, I can in painless. Waiting on the day.

Eating wise, not hungry. So it gets difficult to simply drown in fluids, but unfortunately gotta stay hydrated.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is getting better by the day : )

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

Welcome to the club Daisy! The first few days can be really tough (were for me) but it's amazing how quickly you get back to normal. I am 15 days after my surgery and have still only lost only 2lbs since I got home on day 2. I'm eating around 600 calories a day at this stage but I did lose a fair bit before and during my admission so am trying not to panic. Went for a 2.5 mile walk this morning at a good pace and it was OK other than a big crash in energy about 1.5 miles in (glycogen running out???) Saw my surgeon yesterday, he's happy, and I'm back to work next week so trying to make the most of the final few days at home and get some christmas shopping done now!

Hope everyone else is getting used to life with their new teeny stomach. I'm on pureed food now and it's amazing after 10 days on liquids. I never want to see broth again ever. 😝

Edited to say - I am really hungry a lot of the time - I hope this settles when I'm on solids.

Edited by Spinoza

Oh I wanted to record what I'm eating just for my own reference later. Current eating routine is a Protein Shake in the late morning, Protein mousse thing for lunch and dinner (takes me two attempts to finish the whole thing) and then pureed whatever I made for everyone else's dinner for supper (I cannot go to bed hungry). About 1/3 cup of that. I have one proper coffee in the morning and then pretty much sip Decaf with milk and added skimmed milk powder all day long (same as ever). I don't eat Breakfast - never have and probably never will now! One piece of cheese the size of a die when I take my tablets at bedtime - this is my routine - the dog gets one too when I put him in his crate for the night, LOL. Currently sucking that in a pretty disgusting fashion so no lumps remain when I swallow. I reckon I'm getting about 50g protein. I have at least another week before I can try soft diet - champing at the bit for that of course!

What's your average day's eating at the minute?

Surgery 11/4, I’m eating Protein rich “meals” (1/4 cup of canned chicken mashed up with hot sauce or low fat Salad Dressing is a “go to”) 3 times a day, plus Greek yogurt as a snack. Today, I’m allowed to have “soft” foods, so I will have a Turkey meatball mashed up in homemade no sugar Tomato sauce with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese for one of my meals and I can’t wait. I am hoping and wishing for the time when I can have fresh veggies- but all I’ve been approved for at this point is veggies steamed and mashed which… isn’t flavorful no matter what I try to do (and I’m a decent cook, but mushy broccoli is mushy broccoli no matter what herbs you add to it)

the way it was told to me, I’ll lose more once I add to my diet. Not sure why, but hoping that’s true. I am down 36 pounds since starting the liquid diet 2 weeks prior to my surgery, and that makes me happy.