Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

StratusPhr,

No I had a gastric sleeve on Nov 3. Best of luck with your revision. At least you are totally aware of what the next month will be like.

I'm scheduled November 30th Melbourne Florida Dr.Tieu.

In the lovely pre- op liquid diet I'll get something real in my tummy January 5th it just totally freaks me out. But then I look back and realize it took me a hell of a lot longer than a lil over 2 months to get the weight I am now. Nervous but Ready to go.

Had surgery Monday. Not gunna lie, it was painful after .. but I managed. Honestly... it's the gas build up that hurts the most. My incisions are not too bad. Move and walk as much as you can after surgery...it helps move the gasses out. Today is day 3 post op and I'm much better. Hardest part now is that I'm a side sleeper. I have to hug a pillow tightly to support my belly to control the pain at night. Rolling over is not fun,but once you're there, you'll be good.

Good luck everyone!

On 11/16/2021 at 9:26 PM, LurkieKitty said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been scheduled! I'm hoping it goes well! I had my first week post op appointment today, I've to go back in three weeks for the switch to the soft food diet. I was cleared to start taking Multivitamins and also to start the pureed diet come the weekend. I think the first thing I want to try is a scrambled egg mixed with cheese.

So I'm gonna have to take a rain check on this I suppose. I tried the Multivitamin and my body abruptly said No.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:18 AM, gmast99 said:

Day 3 Post Op and it has been pretty smooth. No issues with Water. Protein Shakes really fill me up and can be uncomfortable. Vitamins are fine. Today I don’t have any soreness laying still and moving is much more manageable. The abdominal binder helps a lot. The random fevers seem to have stopped. I can do 3 shakes now which I am fine with. scale victory is 20 pounds lost. Non scale victory is my sleep tracker dropped me from Moderate Sleep Disturbance to Minimal.

Edited by gmast99
Wrong content

I had Bypass on Monday. Left the hospital yesterday (Thursday evening). Had a lot of trouble swallowing and holding broth and Jello down, along with stomach bloating and cramping. Finally was able to hold down a 1/4 cup of broth and a sugar free outshine popsicle at 3am.
Will try Protein Drinks next.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:15 PM, Skmax said:

I just had my procedure yesterday, I’m home now resting. Feeling a little uncomfortable with stomach cramping. Anyone else feeling like this post sleeve?

I hope all is going well with you.

Hello everyone my name is Tristen and I live in Eugene, Oregon. I just had gastric sleeve this Monday the November 15th. I am trying to navigate thru this journey and would love to chat with other folks that are going thru the same thing.

Crazy scale victory... So, from the time I started my pre-OP diet for 1 week prior to surgery.... that was 2 weeks ago today, until now... 1 week post-OP, I'm down 40#.

Non Scale victories... soreness almost gone. Water weight in legs and hands vastly gone. But most importantly, I did all of this due to an arrhythmia and that too is now 95% gone.

29 minutes ago, ForMyOhana said:

Crazy scale victory... So, from the time I started my pre-OP diet for 1 week prior to surgery.... that was 2 weeks ago today, until now... 1 week post-OP, I'm down 40#.

Non scale victories... soreness almost gone. Water weight in legs and hands vastly gone. But most importantly, I did all of this due to an arrhythmia and that too is now 95% gone.

Congrats! That’s amazing! I am almost 2 weeks post op too and I have been able to stop taking all my blood pressure medications!! Those NSVs make this whole process worth it already!

2 days post op - I’m feeling good. It’s hard to get liquids down but working on it.

Since pre op started 10/31 I’m down 30 lbs!