Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Guessing I'm hitting the famous 3 week post op stall. I'm actually up 2 lbs over the last 5 days. Maybe connected to starting puree? Not sure. Focusing on Water and Protein today. Also, I typically am not weighing mid week. I did today only because I have a zoom meeting with my doc this morning.

Have a good day!

Just checking in... I am currrently also in my 3 week stall since Monday. Surgery was 11-8. I have lost around 25 pounds to this point since surgery. Just trying to keep my head up and focus on Protein first and liquids!

Daisy and Sunshine, I also had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 30th plus a hiatal hernia fixed. I am surprised with how much pain I am in. No interest in food yet, just trying to get rid of this gas, somehow get comfortable, and drink Water.

Post-Op

Hi Everyone

I am 1 week and 2 days post op for the gastric sleeve. The first day after surgery was a miserable experience.(Gas) The use of Gas x and peppermint tea was very helpful with the gas pains and stomach discomfort. I haven't had any issues with swallowing pills. Each day get's better and I am able to keep down all liquids. The incision on my upper left side is still a little painful and tender. Overall, I am doing great and have lost 15.6lbs so far. We Got This!

Edited by 3Grands040917

3 hours ago, LouLouM said:

Daisy and Sunshine, I also had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 30th plus a hiatal hernia fixed. I am surprised with how much pain I am in. No interest in food yet, just trying to get rid of this gas, somehow get comfortable, and drink Water.

I had gastric sleeve surgery on Nov. 23rd with a hiatal hernia repair as well. The use of gas x and peppermint tea was very helpful to me. Walking helps as well. I hope you feel better with each passing day.

Hi Everyone,

I'm about 4 weeks since surgery and so far I am having two issues that I am wondering how everyone else is handling (if you have having too). One is that I seem to be having quite a bit of heartburn. I am taking the antacid that my doc prescribed but I seem to be using Tums in between to help - how are you handling if you are having this issue. And secondly, I am having a very hard time getting all my liquids in. If I drink all the liquids my doc wants me to drink I can't seem to eat food. How are you getting all the liquids and food in?

Got moved to soft foods 1 week early because Protein Shakes have been giving me awful diarrhea.

30 days since starting my pre op diet & 11 days since surgery & down 47 lbs!

9 hours ago, Tgregorski said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm about 4 weeks since surgery and so far I am having two issues that I am wondering how everyone else is handling (if you have having too). One is that I seem to be having quite a bit of heartburn. I am taking the antacid that my doc prescribed but I seem to be using Tums in between to help - how are you handling if you are having this issue. And secondly, I am having a very hard time getting all my liquids in. If I drink all the liquids my doc wants me to drink I can't seem to eat food. How are you getting all the liquids and food in?

Prilosec works well.

Thanks, Grands. I only have about 3 more capsules from the doc so I wasn't sure what I should get to help until I see him next week.

3 hours ago, Tgregorski said:

Thanks, Grands. I only have about 3 more capsules from the doc so I wasn't sure what I should get to help until I see him next week.

You're welcome and hang in there. WE Got This!

11 hours ago, LouLouM said:

It seems I posted under the wrong thread since I have had gastric bypass 🤦🏻‍♀️

But it still is the same journey for all of us regardless of the kinda procedure we have had 😂

First 2 days, pain was bothersome but managed with Tylenol and resting. I have experienced resting for an hour or so helps a lot. So I follow that and only use 2 or 3 regular strength 325mg of Tylenol. I feel much better today (Day 3). So hoping by the end of the week, I'll be able to stroll without having to hold my stomach.

Hope everyone is progressing well on your respective end. 🤗

3 minutes ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

😂I'll be able to stroll without having to hold my stomach.

Hope everyone is progressing well on your respective end. 🤗

Ladies contour undies help with this. After my csections and this surgery and other abdominal surgeries I've had I use them to help stop the "my stomach feels like it's going to fall out of my body " feeling. They help

Hi all, just checking in. Hope you're all doing OK. Have finally lost another pound so that's 4 in total in the 17 days since my op. Feel like it's gonna be slow but sure for me and I'm fine with that. I just got my 'A Pound of Cure' book this morning and it looks like good general advice so I'll be reading that cover to cover. Can already see that giving up dairy may be one of the hardest for me - I drink a lot of coffee with a lot of milk every day. Anyway it's for the long term, milk is helping with Protein goals at present so as far as I'm concerned it's my best friend!

Still on 2 protein shakes/mousses a day along with very soft/liquid foods like Soups and smooth oatmeal made thin. Meeting my goals, getting my Vitamins, eating around 600 calories a day. I'm still very hungry but hoping that will settle a bit when I eventually get onto more solid food. Pain is only when I bend over or try to lie on my side in bed - again getting better every day. Back to work on Monday so that will be my challenge for next weel!

How is everybody else doing?

I was moved to soft foods this week, and I just put in my grocery order with things like lump crab meat and lean deli meats and cheese to make roll ups- I can’t wait! I had a Turkey meatball and low sugar sauce that I made with a spoon of low fat ricotta and I felt like I was getting closer to normal!
does anyone else’s clinic count weight lost from the first day of the liquid diet? I’m not sure if that’s weird or not