Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

I am very happy to hear you are looking forward to your vacation. I am the same as you. I have zero regrets about the surgery. I have settled in around 195. My goal was 185. I am aware that I could try harder to hit the goal weight but I am perfectly happy with 195 and eating and drinking what I want. I do not think the 10 pounds is worth giving up wine and Pasta. Granted much smaller amounts of wine and pasta these days but I still feel human when I go out to dinner with my friends and family. At this point, no one even believes me when I said I had surgery. People don’t notice that I eat smaller portions because I am eating the same foods as them. I have way more energy and way more confidence. I am thankful I did not have complications. I have rarely even gotten sick. So for me I am living my best life after a successful surgery. (It should be noted I followed the MDs instructions to the letter for the first year.)

7 hours ago, gmast99 said:

I am very happy to hear you are looking forward to your vacation. I am the same as you. I have zero regrets about the surgery. I have settled in around 195. My goal was 185. I am aware that I could try harder to hit the goal weight but I am perfectly happy with 195 and eating and drinking what I want. I do not think the 10 pounds is worth giving up wine and Pasta. Granted much smaller amounts of wine and Pasta these days but I still feel human when I go out to dinner with my friends and family. At this point, no one even believes me when I said I had surgery. People don’t notice that I eat smaller portions because I am eating the same foods as them. I have way more energy and way more confidence. I am thankful I did not have complications. I have rarely even gotten sick. So for me I am living my best life after a successful surgery. (It should be noted I followed the MDs instructions to the letter for the first year.)

So so fab to hear this gmast. Living your best life and not worrying about a few pounds or a few carbs here or there sounds absolutely the dream. We're doing this!

Kinda taking the summer off. I'm getting ready to ramp up again in about 2 weeks. My kids will both be off to their respective colleges and school will begin for my wife. This summer has been a lot of traveling, beer and kayaking... my new favorite sport. I'm dealing with the worst case of poison ivy in my life right now, so hopefully that will get better in the next 2 weeks as well and I can start the late summer early fall push for fitness again. I see a new 90 day challenge in my future. Weight wise, 258... so about 7 lbs from my lowest point. Not terrible given the lack of focus.

See y'all again soon!

On 8/11/2023 at 5:16 PM, ForMyOhana said:

Kinda taking the summer off. I'm getting ready to ramp up again in about 2 weeks. My kids will both be off to their respective colleges and school will begin for my wife. This summer has been a lot of traveling, beer and kayaking... my new favorite sport. I'm dealing with the worst case of poison ivy in my life right now, so hopefully that will get better in the next 2 weeks as well and I can start the late summer early fall push for fitness again. I see a new 90 day challenge in my future. Weight wise, 258... so about 7 lbs from my lowest point. Not terrible given the lack of focus.

See y'all again soon!

Fab to hear your update FMO! Arrrgh re the poison ivy thing. So pleased you've had a lovely summer break. Looking forward to hearing your re-focus come September - we're all in the same boat xx

On 7/24/2023 at 9:57 PM, Spinoza said:

Hi all November 2021 people! I want to do a little update because this thread is the only 'diary' I ever actually made - it's fascinating to look back at some of the posts we all made as we went along.

I hope you are all doing really well. There aren't many of us posting regularly here any more so I hope that's because you are all too busy enjoying your new life. I am but I just like it here too, LOL.

So, my current weight is 139 lbs - it's gone up and down by 2 or 3 pounds within the range 137 - 140 for the last 3 or 4 months but so far no further than that, and I don't take any particular action when those couple of pounds go on.

Calorie intake is still about 1300 on weekdays and probably more like 1800-2000 at weekends now (alcohol and limited snacks). I still track everything. I walk A LOT for exercise. I stopped running after a few attempts because even though I enjoyed it it was causing me pain afterwards that lasted for days and then I couldn't do my usual walks so ended up costing me exercise time!

I really want to get into some weights but I have such a busy life (excuse alert!) that I am short of time after I fit in all my walks.

I am thankful every day that I had this surgery. Honestly, even if I regained every pound tomorrow it would have been worth it just to have this time feeling normal and being able to do normal things. We have a family vacation starting next week that I would have dreaded before, and now I can't wait and am signing up for every single activity along with my children.

I would love to hear from anyone in the original gang who still reads but doesn't post much.

And another update a month later. In the last 6 months I have lost 3 or at the most 4lbs depending on the day of the week. Pretty much bottomed out now I think at 138. I have lost exactly half of my pre-surgery weight which is totally mind-blowing.

I am preparing myself for some regain in the next year or so (I need to so I don't panic when it appears). Hopefully the completely new wardrobe I've bought won't be in vain. But even if it is I can totally get another one size up and still be happy.

I am still walking a LOT. I need to get into some strength training but I can't find the time.

Any November 2021 people please check in - I am dying to hear how we're all doing these days. 😍

Hi November 21 guys!!!!

Exactly 2 years to the day since my sleeve so I need to post something to mark the date.

I've lost exactly half my body weight since my surgery. I can't believe that - way beyond what I ever expected and I know it's just the luck of the draw but I feel so blessed to be in this position. The figures tickle me, LOL.

My maintenance calorie intake has settled around 1500. I don't think I'll ever be able to exceed that without regaining. That's fine - a small price to pay.

I still track absolutely everything I eat and I think I always will.

I can chug about 7 or 8 swallows of a drink (strangely this is the thing that bothered me most NOT to be able to do over the last 2 years).

I am running 2 or 3 times a week. Short distances but my aim when I started this process was to get back to that so - win.

Please could you share your experiences of the last 2 years? Good or bad.

Edited by Spinoza

I am hanging out in the 180s. Down from 280s. I don’t do anything. I never watch calories anymore. I eat whatever I want. I just get full after a few bites. Still no issues. I have never had the Constipation, foamies, or nausea that some people seem to get. I drink a ton of Water. I have gotten really used to eating the same thing for days at a time. I went to Outback Steakhouse on Monday for dinner. On Tuesday dinner I had leftover Outback Steakhouse. On Wednesday for dinner I had leftover Outback Steakhouse. lol

I do find that I am hungry in the middle of the night. I wake up and get a little snack sometimes in the middle of the night that I never used to do before. It seems like my body wants something every 6 hours. It just doesn’t want much. I still struggle to eat enough Protein. Carbs are just so delicious.

I have zero regrets.

Anyone else still around from the group 2 years back??

I am here.

Hi Spinoza, I'm still here too.