Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

On 2/9/2023 at 3:08 AM, Lanitele said:

Spinoza, firstly, I would like to really thank you for creating this conversation and keeping our November 2021 cohort together! Truly, you are the best! It really helps us to see where we are and compare our own progress to others! Kudos to you! And I am soooo happy to hear about your progress!!! I saw your numbers, and they are so incredible! In my case, I am still only 8 pounds from my goal weight, and believe or not, I can’t get it in the last 8 months. On a positive side - I am not really restricting myself on anything. I was relying on my usual smaller portions thinking that’s enough. I am not gaining any weight, but I still didn’t get my goal. Honestly, I know that if I be more strict on my diet, I will get there easily. But I think I am not ready of another “dieting”, I am still tired of it from my previous life! Nevertheless, I am soooo extremely happy with my current life!!! So far, this surgery was one of the best decision of my life! I look great and I feel great! I really hope that all of our buddies share such happiness!

So lovely to hear your update and how well you've done Lanitele!! 😍

On 2/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, ForMyOhana said:

My numbers were a little off. My fat free 0% body weight is 206.... I was forgetting bone mass. I got on the scale today and initially was bummed because I went up a pound.... only to realize that I gained a pound of lean muscle this week. Lol. This is why you can't always just trust a normal scale. I'm including a screenshot to show everything my scale measures. Have a good day!

Screenshot_20230209-070622_VeSync.jpg

This is super interesting. BMI really cannot cover all body types and shapes can it? It's a population measure, not an individual measure at all. I suspect my body fat percentage is higher than yours. Maybe that and visceral fat are what we should really be focusing on.

This scale was from Amazon... Etekcity brand... not too expensive. Interfaces with my phone via an app. It's really helpful. I recommend it.

I'm back to tracking. Using Carb Manager app for that. I have 94 days until my next dr appointment. Time to focus for 90 days. Ramping up my daily steps goal to 10k. And... no alcohol. 90 days to see where I can land.

Edited by ForMyOhana

Best of luck FMO for the big push - check in often please!

8 days into my 90 day plan...

Saturday - Normal low carb day
Sunday - All chicken and Broccoli day
Monday - IF break late
Tuesday - IF break early
Wednesday - IF break late
Thursday - IF break early
Friday - All shake Day

No Alcohol
10k step goal

(for reference... surgery date was 11/15/2021, start weight was 403)

Screenshot_20230218-103518_VeSync.jpg

Edited by ForMyOhana

I haven’t checked in for a while. Doing great here. So far no complications. I am down to 185 and feeling great. I pretty much made it without any of the difficulties. I never really got foamies and don’t think I got sick more than 5 times and most were in the first 6 months. Now I can pretty much eat whatever I want I just get full really quickly. My body has relearned its relationship with food and unlike the old days the minute I start to feel full I totally lose my appetite and just want food to go away. I probably need to work on my Protein intake since I still love carbs but no one is perfect. I am glad everyone is doing well. It is not a quick fix like I thought it would be but overall I feel like it was a healthy way to lose weight. I am medication free with normal labs and blood pressure now and no more CPAP.

7 hours ago, ForMyOhana said:

8 days into my 90 day plan...

Saturday - Normal low carb day
Sunday - All chicken and Broccoli day
Monday - IF break late
Tuesday - IF break early
Wednesday - IF break late
Thursday - IF break early
Friday - All shake Day

No Alcohol
10k step goal

(for reference... surgery date was 11/15/2021, start weight was 403)

Screenshot_20230218-103518_VeSync.jpg

Oh wow - look at that change already!!! Are you finding any particular days of that plan difficult FMO? Genius to have the all shake day followed by your least strict day - gives you something to look forward to. So amazing that you're back on track xxx

7 hours ago, gmast99 said:

I haven’t checked in for a while. Doing great here. So far no complications. I am down to 185 and feeling great. I pretty much made it without any of the difficulties. I never really got foamies and don’t think I got sick more than 5 times and most were in the first 6 months. Now I can pretty much eat whatever I want I just get full really quickly. My body has relearned its relationship with food and unlike the old days the minute I start to feel full I totally lose my appetite and just want food to go away. I probably need to work on my Protein intake since I still love carbs but no one is perfect. I am glad everyone is doing well. It is not a quick fix like I thought it would be but overall I feel like it was a healthy way to lose weight. I am medication free with normal labs and blood pressure now and no more CPAP.

Thank you so much for the update gmast. I could have written this post. The last 15 months have been so easy in some ways - when I read the problems other people have run into. I count my blessings every day. Not taking anything for granted either - you have to work at this forever don't you?

My surgery is on Monday, February 20. I don’t have to start my liquid diet until February 19 at 2 PM. I had a different surgeon at first and he said I would have to do two weeks of a liquid diet before the surgery but the new surgeon is only making me have a liquid diet for less than a day before the surgery. I am very happy about that. Does anybody else have that less than 24 hours of a liquid diet?

Just joined the forum and I am a November surgery person! Everyone was saying how sad they were for me having the surgery like a week before Thanksgiving, but I feel like it was the perfect timing. I was so new in the post-op stages that I wasn't even tempted to indulge.

Welcome. It would not have been possible to indulge. In fact, a week after Thanksgiving would have been much worse because you would have been starting the all liquid (ish) pre surgery preparation diet during a feast... that would have been hard!

So, most of us are Nov 2021, but even if you're 2022, we're glad to have you. There are some regulars who still hang around and post their progress. Some folks are near their goals, others, like me, still have a ways to go. I come back for motivation and accountability but also to share with others who might also be struggling, to show that not everyone has it as easy as others. I also want my story to serve as motivation for those who may be thinking about surgery... to show that while this is hard work and nothing is easy at all, the process can work.

Edited by ForMyOhana

Just my weekly check in. Another good week, even with less activity. While I did not lose power, we had an ice storm that took out power to most of my area and closing my gym. I've done little to no walking since Wednesday and no weight lifting since then either. I also have a tendonitis strain in my left arm that's really bothering me. I can barely lift a pot of coffee. So, forced rest is probably justified. Posting a new low today. I'm happy but also concerned that it appears I'm losing muscle mass. I may need to add a new supplement to my shakes to help. But if weight were my only concern and goal... I'm still heading the right direction. See ya next week.

Screenshot_20230225-081903_VeSync.jpg

Question. Have any of you tried taking a Fiber pill to health with regularity?

Weekly check in. Down a couple more this week so the streak continues. 23 days into my 90 day push. Just ove a pound to lose in the next week to stay on track for my goal.

I will be adding some supplements to my diet beginning Monday, so we'll see if they can be detected in my numbers over the next month. The goal for 1/3 the way through my challenge is 254. I'm 255.2 today.

Other than clearing snow, taking it easier today. Time to make some bacon!

Screenshot_20230304-085844_VeSync.jpg