Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days til surgery and it can't come soon enough!

Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm worried. So I'm not having any major issues work food anymore. Yesterday I ate an entire lunch able. The small one with just meat, cheese, and a few crackers. But still. That's way more than 2oz? Am I broken?

I'm worried. So I'm not having any major issues work food anymore. Yesterday I ate an entire lunch able. The small one with just meat' date=' cheese, and a few crackers. But still. That's way more than 2oz? Am I broken?[/quote']

I think you're fine. I'm eating without incident now too. Crackers pretty much disappear into dust when you chew them. They're not taking up much room. I wouldn't count them towards pouch space.

I'm worried. So I'm not having any major issues work food anymore. Yesterday I ate an entire lunch able. The small one with just meat' date=' cheese, and a few crackers. But still. That's way more than 2oz? Am I broken?[/quote']

I have no problem eating 1/2 cup of tuna salad and a few pita chips. So if you are broken I am too.

Is anyone having issues with serving size. For an example I was at a Breakfast buffet the other day and they didn't have much I could eat so I just took some fruit. I had probably a cup to a cup and a half of fruit on my plate. I only at about 5 pieces, 1/4 cup, but why did i take this much? I know I'm not going to be able to eat it all. I just cant seem to get it out of my brain that I need a large serving. This is concerning to me especially once I get into maintenance. I know it's a long way off but still makes me nervous that I'll start eating larger portions before I should be. Any insight or similar situations would be appreciated.

Is anyone having issues with serving size. For an example I was at a breakfast buffet the other day and they didn't have much I could eat so I just took some fruit. I had probably a cup to a cup and a half of fruit on my plate. I only at about 5 pieces' date=' 1/4 cup, but why did i take this much? I know I'm not going to be able to eat it all. I just cant seem to get it out of my brain that I need a large serving. This is concerning to me especially once I get into maintenance. I know it's a long way off but still makes me nervous that I'll start eating larger portions before I should be. Any insight or similar situations would be appreciated.[/quote']

One thing that has been helping me is to use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.

So I haven't been on posting for awhile. I crawled into a sad I haven't lost much weight hole. Only 20 lbs down since surgery on 6/3 and sometimes I get bummed when I see people with 40 lb weight loss in the same time frame. At this stage though I'm not getting in all my Protein or fluids in still and exercise is hit or miss because I'm having some issues with stomach pain and horrible gas that I can't get rid of. I'm at the surgeons for a follow up. I'm going to see if they will do a panel on me to check if I'm deficient. Maybe then I can have some energy because I seriously don't have any.

So I haven't been on posting for awhile. I crawled into a sad I haven't lost much weight hole. Only 20 lbs down since surgery on 6/3 and sometimes I get bummed when I see people with 40 lb weight loss in the same time frame. At this stage though I'm not getting in all my Protein or fluids in still and exercise is hit or miss because I'm having some issues with stomach pain and horrible gas that I can't get rid of. I'm at the surgeons for a follow up. I'm going to see if they will do a panel on me to check if I'm deficient. Maybe then I can have some energy because I seriously don't have any.

My surgery was June 4th. I have lost 35 pounds total, but 14 of that was pre op loss. I have decided to just count my total loss and ignore the before and after surgery stuff. So, I am almost exactly where you are with loss. I choose to look at it as I would have never loss this much without surgery in a month. I know it's frustrating, but don't give up! Next year, we will look back and hardly believe that we were concerned about the slow loss. :)

Had my surgery on 6/20/13 so tomorrow I'm four weeks out. Having trouble getting all the fluids in - there is just no way I can get 64 oz in!! It takes me all day to get 32 oz down. The past two weeks I've felt totally exhauste. At my two week follow up my surgeon told me the exhaustion was due to dehydration so she put me back on Clear Liquids and wanted me to concentrate on getting 64 oz in. Any tips on how to get it all in - really sick of propel...

Sounds like a lot of us Junies are having the same troubles. I read about this thing called hibernation syndrome ...lethargic, depressed, starvation mode, and the body needs to learn to use the fat as energy. I read that it's really important to exercise to help your body adjust. Honestly I don't understand any of it technically but I do know that I feel really blech.

Had my surgery on 6/20/13 so tomorrow I'm four weeks out. Having trouble getting all the fluids in - there is just no way I can get 64 oz in!! It takes me all day to get 32 oz down. The past two weeks I've felt totally exhauste. At my two week follow up my surgeon told me the exhaustion was due to dehydration so she put me back on clear liquids and wanted me to concentrate on getting 64 oz in. Any tips on how to get it all in - really sick of propel...

I eat a lot of sugar free Popsicles! Each one counts as 2 ounces. I also switch it up with different powders in my Water. My dr. counts Protein Shakes as liquid as well. Decaf tea? chicken broth?

The last two days were really hard for me in terms of Water and Protein. There are just going to be good days and bad days. Not drinking before or after meals is especially troublesome with my Fluid intake since I'm doing about 4 or 5 small meals. It feels like I'm constantly waiting for the 30 minutes to be up so I can drink!

Surgery: 6/26/13 HW 370 SW 320 CW 306

I have been told by my surgeon that some RNY patient have no tolerance for chicken in any way shape or form. My one friend told me she could not eat chicken for a whole year after here RNY. Im holding off on chicken until im feeling more confident with solid foods. good luck' date=' i would call your surgeon and run it by them to make sure.[/quote']

I'm a month out tomorrow and I've been eating chicken for a week!!