Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 10th' date=' was my surgery, did anyone experience red stuff in their stool the first time you were able to go? And sometimes with the gas? Today was my first time using it and passing gas, it looked like blood but I don't know could also be that barium stuff.[/quote']

I had the same thing. It's the barium stuff so no worries. I have gas too but it's starting to go away. Lots of burping and tooting!

Is anyone else having a problem where you feel hungry late at night? I eat during the day what I'm suppose to but around 1130-12 I feel sooo hungry .. I fight the urge to eat but it's an annoying feeling :(

Is anyone else having a problem where you feel hungry late at night? I eat during the day what I'm suppose to but around 1130-12 I feel sooo hungry .. I fight the urge to eat but it's an annoying feeling :(

Check with your nut. mine had me eating a small high protien snack at 10 pm. ( based on my schedule) to avoid this occuring. her rational is since you sleep for 6-8 hours a night she wants high protien in the system to get you through. Protein burns more efficently and longer in you system, so just a wee bit gets you through. this does work for me. hope this helps.

RJ

one other point is this all fits into my plan. i account for this in my protien count and calorie count for each day.

Anyone have insomnia and nightmares after surgery? I used to NEVER have a problem sleeping. Now it's all I can do to get to sleep and when I do I have nightmares. I've been taking Xanex to help me sleep every few days but I don't want to get addicted to them. I've tried ambian (swallowing) and melatonin (also swallowed whole) but they don't seem to help. Any tips or tricks?

Anyone have insomnia and nightmares after surgery? I used to NEVER have a problem sleeping. Now it's all I can do to get to sleep and when I do I have nightmares. I've been taking Xanex to help me sleep every few days but I don't want to get addicted to them. I've tried ambian (swallowing) and melatonin (also swallowed whole) but they don't seem to help. Any tips or tricks?

I am EXTREMLY HYPER ACTIVE since surgery, I have found i need to do somthing very physical at night so i can sleep at night.

Not since surgery, but I know I had strange dreams when I took melatonin

I haven't been sleeping well either.

I had insomnia before surgery and I would snore really loud, after surgery, I sleep like a baby, no nightmares, no snoring, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I'm off to a deep sleep, I bet it's your needs that's keeping you up and having nightmares.

Ok I'm there. 2.5 weeks out and I just wish that I didn't ever have to eat at all. Nothing tastes right and everything makes me feel blechy. :(

Ok I'm there. 2.5 weeks out and I just wish that I didn't ever have to eat at all. Nothing tastes right and everything makes me feel blechy. :(

I totally understand! I am 5 1/2 weeks post op, and nothing has tasted great to me either. This weekend has been better. Just keep trying new things. Eventually something will taste good.

I found a new Protein bar! It's called PowerCrunch. I had Peanut Butter creme for Breakfast. It was very light and tasty. Not thick like normal Protein Bars. It has a bit too much fat, but sugars are low.

205 calories

12 grams fat

10 carbs

5 sugar

14 grams of protein

I got them at Harris teeter

For three days I have felt so gassy and nauseated. I've had to force myself to eat and drink. I don't know if its the heat or if I'm at that 5-6 week roadblock some people have that nothing tastes good.

QUESTION: Hi everyone...I am almost 3 weeks out from my surgery & am having an awful time trying to eat...I noticed that after about 2 spoonfuls (baby spoon being used) I'm burping (sign of fullness)...today I wasn't sure & tried to eat a little more & I got ill...as it stands I'm not even getting 1/4 c. I'm feeling like crap & do well to eat once a day...so the question is has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks I hope you have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk