Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Good luck to everyone going this week! Please keep us all updated. I too am struggling with the pre- op diet. The Protein Drinks are hard to stomach. The pretend oatmeal is like wallpaper paste, maple brown sugar flavored wallpaper paste. It's only a few more days for me. I am Nov 30

Good luck to everyone going this week! Please keep us all updated. I too am struggling with the pre- op diet. The Protein drinks are hard to stomach. The pretend oatmeal is like wallpaper paste' date=' maple brown sugar flavored wallpaper paste. It's only a few more days for me. I am Nov 30[/quote']

After you are sleeved they seem better not great but better. I was gagging before. Not now. Now it is key to getting the protein in. Hang in there

Having so much trouble stomaching these Protein shakes...yuck! I don't know how I'm going to be able to drink these for 2 weeks.

I am having the same issue. Today is only my first day. I managed 3 of the 4 shakes I am supposed to drink. I have a headache. I really want a piece of pizza :(

The headaches come from the sugar withdraw from carbs. I remember that when I was on Atkins.< /p>

I can't believe my doctor didn't put me on a 2 week diet. Mine is only 3? :blink:

Mine best advice to drink the shakes at least for the pre-op dieters is to pick one taht wasn't your favorite before.

For example, I loved Choclate shakes but the protien chocolate tastes nothing like it. So I have been drinking vanilla (for my 6 month diet I have been having them for breakfast) and I think it's good. That's just my opinoin and what works for me. Good luck to you all!

:D

3 days not weeks! :rolleyes:

Congrats George! Your doing amazing!

I'm having back sleeping issues too. My lower back is killing me. I'm a tummy sleeper so I'm way out or my element lol. I think I pinched a nerve or something because my right thigh is totally numb. I was worried about that but read its signs or a pinched nerve in the back. Great just what I need lol. Been like that for 2 days now, anyone else experience this or something like this?

I have this problem and I haven't had surgery yet. I have had it for about a month. I wwent to my Chiropractor on Thursday but it is worse. I will see him again on Tuesday. I did not want to go IN TO surgery with this issue. it is alwful.

Pins and needles, numbness, burning.

Good luck. I usually but a pillow under my knee is I am lying on my back, that is the only way I can get an comfort.

Ainslee

That's awesome, we are losing at the same pace! I am in the great state of Ohio! I don't know about you but I think I already feel different , even better already!

Or maybe I'm crazy, lol! I am also allowed to at normal food. Right now I'm on mashies but the only thing that really sits well is refried beans! Who knew I would love refried Beans so much?

I was told not to eat beans because of the carbs. But, since you are doing so well on your weight loss, maybe it is not a big concern. Congratulations, BTW.

Ainslee

Having so much trouble stomaching these Protein shakes...yuck! I don't know how I'm going to be able to drink these for 2 weeks.

I don't know what you are drinking but I met with my NUT on Friday and she said to drink pre-made drinks form Trader Joes or costco because they are so high in protein that you only need to drink 2 per day to get your minimum.

Ainslee

I was told no carbs period for at least 6 months. Then the only carbs I am allowed are from fruits and veggies. No starches. The thing is, we can try to negotiate or cajole with ourselves all we want. At the end of the day we know what is the right thing. We just have to look at the sleeve as a do-over and make the right choices from there on out. Trying to justify our bad choices post sleeve is no different than what we did to get ourselves to the sizes and lifestyles we had become accustomed to.

Lets do it the right way...so that we have the best results we can. That's my two cents.

I was told no carbs period for at least 6 months. Then the only carbs I am allowed are from fruits and veggies. No starches. The thing is' date=' we can try to negotiate or cajole with ourselves all we want. At the end of the day we know what is the right thing. We just have to look at the sleeve as a do-over and make the right choices from there on out. Trying to justify our bad choices post sleeve is no different than what we did to get ourselves to the sizes and lifestyles we had become accustomed to.

Lets do it the right way...so that we have the best results we can. That's my two cents.[/quote']

Well I feel i am doing the right thing! I am fallowing my doctor and nuts program EXACTLY! And will continue to do so, hopefully, for the rest of my life.

And on my nuts program is fat free refried beans...thank god, since it's one of the only things I do not throw up!

Every doctor is different, every nut is different! Don't jump to conclusion that just because you were told not to that everyone was told that!

Off to hospital this morning...I am ready...next time I post I will be sleeved

Off to hospital this morning...I am ready...next time I post I will be sleeved

Good for you! This is the first day of the rest of your life!

promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself, but I saw the scale and gave in. I lost 5 pounds pre op and now lost 6lbs since my surgery Thursday. I entered the hospital at 255, left at 257 and now I'm at 249 and I cannot be any happier with my decision. The pain is so worth it!

My NUT says refried Beans, bean Soup, etc. are great. Lots of Protein. She doesn't want us to have simple carbs. Beans are complex

Good luck to everyone going this week! Please keep us all updated. I too am struggling with the pre- op diet. The Protein drinks are hard to stomach. The pretend oatmeal is like wallpaper paste' date=' maple brown sugar flavored wallpaper paste. It's only a few more days for me. I am Nov 30[/quote']

What kind of Protein Powder are you using? I use nectar protein (choc and vanilla) which are pretty good.... And I've been using the Torani sugar free syrups to flavor them here and there so i don't get sick of them! Using sf vanilla torani in the oatmeal might help the wallpaper paste issue too!