Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Good morning I know that for myself as we'll as a few others today is OUR DAY! In 15 minutes they start the Iv and soon afterwards I'm taken back. November 2012 best month ever!!

Yes it is Nov will always be special! Nov 14 here ;) good luck sweetie see u on the mm losers bench!

Can't believe how many of us November Sleevesters there are! Good luck to everybody being sleeved today! Try to stay calm, you will do great!

All checked in. Ready to go. See you on the other side.

5th day post-op. sunday and Monday I was on pure Protein 3x aday. I'm glad thats over. Today is my first day with Protein Shakes. I tried vanilla by Bariatric Advantage and it wasn't that bad. I can't believe I drank all of it with no problem. Now drinking Water.< /p>

All checked in...sitting on a stretcher. Not scheduled for surgery until noon. Ad no luck in getting an IV started. I'm a tough one to get an IV on. Now I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to do it once I get over to OR holding. Should be fun....NOT! Lol.

BTW I wanted to share something that I figured out a few days ago but haven't had a chance to get on and post about it. I know this might gross people out but read everything I have to say before passing judgement. A few months back I was reading Oxygen magazine. In the advertisements I read about Egg Whites International. So I bought some and gave it a try. They taste good, not slimy or chalky. I also make a container of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding and add one it to the shake and it smooths it out. I'm just saying it was yummy. I'm not being paid to say this...just thought I would share something that is working for me.

Hello all. My name is Jana, I am 49 years old and was sleeved on the 15th. I've been fighting pain on the left side, but it gets better each day! I am looking so forward to the full liquid stage, which for my surgeon and nutritionist means cottage cheese! I have lost 15 lbs. and am looking forward to my new lifestyle. I've created a board on Pinterest that has all kinds of potential recipies once I'm on full foods. But for now I can't wait to have food other than broth, Isopure, and sugar free popsicles.

All checked in...sitting on a stretcher. Not scheduled for surgery until noon. Ad no luck in getting an IV started. I'm a tough one to get an IV on. Now I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to do it once I get over to OR holding. Should be fun....NOT! Lol.

BTW I wanted to share something that I figured out a few days ago but haven't had a chance to get on and post about it. I know this might gross people out but read everything I have to say before passing judgement. A few months back I was reading Oxygen magazine. In the advertisements I read about Egg Whites International. So I bought some and gave it a try. They taste good' date=' not slimy or chalky. I also make a container of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding and add one it to the shake and it smooths it out. I'm just saying it was yummy. I'm not being paid to say this...just thought I would share something that is working for me.[/quote']

Good luck today.... I dread the i.v too , I always look like a pin cushion when they get done . Will be praying for a successful surgery and smooth recovery... you got this !

BTW I wanted to share something that I figured out a few days ago but haven't had a chance to get on and post about it. I know this might gross people out but read everything I have to say before passing judgement. A few months back I was reading Oxygen magazine. In the advertisements I read about Egg Whites International. So I bought some and gave it a try. They taste good' date=' not slimy or chalky. I also make a container of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding and add one it to the shake and it smooths it out. I'm just saying it was yummy. I'm not being paid to say this...just thought I would share something that is working for me.[/quote']

Good luck sweetie. You will do great

I almost have day 3 behind me on my prep shakes. I am not doing so well. I am having terrible headaches and def cannot stomach all of the shales that they want me to have. I have only had two today. I can feel the difference in my body changing from the last of sugar and carbs, my body is pissed. I have already lost 2 pounds in 3 days. I just want to say that this is rough and I feel crappy. Enough said. Thanks for listening

I almost have day 3 behind me on my prep shakes. I am not doing so well. I am having terrible headaches and def cannot stomach all of the shales that they want me to have. I have only had two today. I can feel the difference in my body changing from the last of sugar and carbs' date=' my body is pissed. I have already lost 2 pounds in 3 days. I just want to say that this is rough and I feel crappy. Enough said. Thanks for listening[/quote']

AMEN! It is rough, and we should be able to say that! This is one of the hardest things I've ever did! And I have 3 kids;) I am still having bad days that suck but you know what......I love getting on the scale and it says 22 lbs lighter in a couple weeks;)

You are doing wonderful! Every day will get easier, and everyday you will see the change in your body that will make it all worth it!

I've been doing pretty good with my diet, although getting the Protein in is hard. Today I only did one Protein Drink and ended up with 38 grams of protein so far so hoping to atleast get my second in somehow....i'm trying to convince my brain that i do not need real food, so i keep chewing on ice. It is driving me mad that all I can have goes right down, no chewing involved. Soon enough I'll be at my mushy stage so atleast that has a little more consistency.

Started mushie food yesterday...and it makes a big difference! Hang in there.

I was feeling great and out of no where I'm feeling completely wiped out and have like zero strength. :( I'm getting my Protein and Water in but probably not enough calories.....

Feeling really down about today. Wish I would feel like my normal self.

I was sleeved nov 13! One week out today! Feeling good, still a little ouchy but off pain Meds. I had a hernia fixed at the same time, so that was no fun!

I'm not loving my sleeve yet but I'm not hating it! Just getting aquatinted! Ready for non liquids!

Hello all. My name is Jana, I am 49 years old and was sleeved on the 15th. I've been fighting pain on the left side, but it gets better each day! I am looking so forward to the full liquid stage, which for my surgeon and nutritionist means cottage cheese! I have lost 15 lbs. and am looking forward to my new lifestyle. I've created a board on Pinterest that has all kinds of potential recipies once I'm on full foods. But for now I can't wait to have food other than broth, Isopure, and sugar free popsicles.

Would love to follow you on pintrest! :)