Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

So I just got home from the hospital- surgery on Wednesday. I'm in pain still. It's sore to the max and I have a big dent and it feels kind of like I got stabbed. Ouch. The pain was a lot worse though, and the nausea was the worst part for the first two days. I was so sick I honestly had regrets at first. Not trying to scare anyone but I need to tell it like it is. Today I'm doing a lot better, I'll take the pain over the nausea any day. And it's getting a little better. This will all be worth it soon.

George or anyone else who is a little out can I ask a q? I have what feels like tightness in my sleeve. It feels like it contacts and it will hurt for a second and then feel like I need to burp. Is this gas? I'll gas x help? Or is it something else?

So I just got home from the hospital- surgery on Wednesday. I'm in pain still. It's sore to the max and I have a big dent and it feels kind of like I got stabbed. Ouch. The pain was a lot worse though' date=' and the nausea was the worst part for the first two days. I was so sick I honestly had regrets at first. Not trying to scare anyone but I need to tell it like it is. Today I'm doing a lot better, I'll take the pain over the nausea any day. And it's getting a little better. This will all be worth it soon.

George or anyone else who is a little out can I ask a q? I have what feels like tightness in my sleeve. It feels like it contacts and it will hurt for a second and then feel like I need to burp. Is this gas? I'll gas x help? Or is it something else?[/quote']

That feeling is likely gas. Gas X may help but I find walking to be the most effective. They pumped your tummy full of gas during the operation, I feel like it took the better part of a week to finally be rid of it. I still get an airy gas feeling with tightness in my chest when I drink and then I need to burp and if I can't I do some walking and it makes its way out the other way;)

Just checking in again. Hopefully I'll be going home tomorrow. Just started getting my 4 oz down an hour, and have been walking the halls every chance I get. I noticed when I drink something cold my poor sleeve cramps up a little so I'm trying to stick with room temperature liquids. All my nurses have been fabulous and I'm happy that I'm on a bariatric wing.

Thanks so muck Kali!

Ashley hope you get to go home tomorrow!

Had my 2 week post op yesterday. Im down 22 lbs since surgery. And I can eat regular food. So excited!!

So I just got home from the hospital- surgery on Wednesday. I'm in pain still. It's sore to the max and I have a big dent and it feels kind of like I got stabbed. Ouch. The pain was a lot worse though' date=' and the nausea was the worst part for the first two days. I was so sick I honestly had regrets at first. Not trying to scare anyone but I need to tell it like it is. Today I'm doing a lot better, I'll take the pain over the nausea any day. And it's getting a little better. This will all be worth it soon.

George or anyone else who is a little out can I ask a q? I have what feels like tightness in my sleeve. It feels like it contacts and it will hurt for a second and then feel like I need to burp. Is this gas? I'll gas x help? Or is it something else?[/quote']

Sorry for the delay! I don't know if it is exactly your sleeve. It could , but I'm out sure. You have to remember , this is when the new stomach is most swollen. So you will feel some discomfort for the next few days. Second, and most importantly, you just had major surgery where they filled your belly up with air ! :-) It's normal to be sore everywhere. It took me a food 2-3 days of being home to get rid of all the gas, air, and bring the swelling down. My Dr told me, we have big, internal stitches that if we move a certain way we can feel. Like a little twinge of pain. She explained that people think it's their sleeve but it's not. All normal parts of healing. My dr put me on a med that helps with spasms and gas. It really works. You are doing great. Sounds like normal healing to me. Try to walk as much as you can. Or even sit up. With that said, rest as much as you need to. We still have to remember you had surgery. Now watch the pounds fall of :-)

First day post-op and just passed my leak test! Can't believe how much easier this was than what expected. Hardley any gas or pain! : )

Mostly everyone postop seem to be doing pretty well! Two more days to go! I'm traveling to San Diego tomorrow and then it's off to Mexico for surgery on Monday...I'm asking for everyone's prayers...it's my first major surgery and I'm wire nervous although I'm ready for it to be over! I'll keep everyone posted! I thank everyone who has been through this already this month...your posts have been so helpful! I have to remember to walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip! :-) You all are a wonderful support system!

Sorry for the delay! I don't know if it is exactly your sleeve. It could ' date=' but I'm out sure. You have to remember , this is when the new stomach is most swollen. So you will feel some discomfort for the next few days. Second, and most importantly, you just had major surgery where they filled your belly up with air ! :-) It's normal to be sore everywhere. It took me a food 2-3 days of being home to get rid of all the gas, air, and bring the swelling down. My Dr told me, we have big, internal stitches that if we move a certain way we can feel. Like a little twinge of pain. She explained that people think it's their sleeve but it's not. All normal parts of healing. My dr put me on a med that helps with spasms and gas. It really works. You are doing great. Sounds like normal healing to me. Try to walk as much as you can. Or even sit up. With that said, rest as much as you need to. We still have to remember you had surgery. Now watch the pounds fall of :-)[/quote']

Thank you so much! :) still sore and the muscles In my stomach hurt but its a LOT better then before. Amazing what a nights sleep in your own bed will do! Trying to move around as much as I can but still take it easy. All the initial regrets I had are gone. Very happy I did this because I know it will be worth it soon! Thanks so much for the reply and for posting your story and experience in here. It was really helpful to read as someone slightly behind you!

Well, finally got to go home yesterday evening since I spent two days vomiting. They did a leak test and there is no leak but severe reflux. I hope that subsides soon! I am still in the regret stage at this point to be honest. Hoping it gets easier to get my Fluid in. On the up side I lost 11 pounds pre-op and 2 pounds since surgery.

Still in hospital and all drugged up and its not too bad ..just had surgery a few hours ago. I'm sleepy now. I will post later for updated.

Had my 2 week post op yesterday. Im down 22 lbs since surgery. And I can eat regular food. So excited!!

22lbs!!! Wow George, that is awesome!

Tomorrow morning I begins 9 day pre op liquid diet. I am excited, but very nervous. I grilled my surgeon at my pre op visit, he knows what he is doing. I feel like I am subconsciously trying to find reasons NOT to have surgery. I also am sick, as is everyone in my house. It seems like its all happening so fast....

That is awesome George! Congratulations!

Two weeks since your surgery and your allowed to have regular food ? No Soup or purée ? How can this be ? Lol I am 10 data out I've got to have liquids for another 4 days then onto purée for two weeks . 4 th dec I'm allowed real food .