Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Ok...so while I have been scheduled for my surgery for the 20th, I jumped through the hoops, am well into my pre-op diet, went to all the appointments and even signed my consents for surgery...the one thing that was missing or that I was waiting on was my approval from the insurance company. With 4 days and hours left until my surgery I finally got my ding dang darn approval. Nothing like stressing me out, though I'm loathe to show that to anyone. But let me be the first to say...about damn time!!

So I'm officially approved and there is nothing...knock on wood...to delay this. Lord...watch me get hit by a car or something completely stupid. Lol.

Yes there is' date=' you have to log into MFP from a computer (not a phone). Under the tab My Home click on Goals then Change Goals. Pick the option for custom goals and the you can set the amounts yourself. Hope that helps![/quote']

Thank you so much!

mfp username gfraz2180

Nice! I know it's starting to bug me how slow time is ticking by but it's nice too. I cannot wait to get this going!

I agree! I look back to when I got my date and it seemed like forever until my surgery. Now, it seems like yesterday I got my date, but these last few days are creeping by. Tuesday can't get here fast enough :-)

Ok...so while I have been scheduled for my surgery for the 20th' date=' I jumped through the hoops, am well into my pre-op diet, went to all the appointments and even signed my consents for surgery...the one thing that was missing or that I was waiting on was my approval from the insurance company. With 4 days and hours left until my surgery I finally got my ding dang darn approval. Nothing like stressing me out, though I'm loathe to show that to anyone. But let me be the first to say...about damn time!!

So I'm officially approved and there is nothing...knock on wood...to delay this. Lord...watch me get hit by a car or something completely stupid. Lol.[/quote']

Glad you got your approval...that has to be a weight off your shoulders :-). Here's to Tuesday!!

Glad you got your approval...that has to be a weight off your shoulders :-). Here's to Tuesday!!

I know. I didn't realize how much it was bugging me. I can't believe how fast it feels like its coming. But I'm ready...I think.

I'm so ready for Tuesday, I can't stand it! I am always happy, but I haven't told most of my co-workers and they keep asking what is causing my extra happy attitude! I just tell them its the time of year to be thankful and I am embracing it wholeheartedly this year!!!. . . :P

Hi everyone' date=' I had an idea I thought I would run past the group. I track what I eat on MyFitnessPal and thought it might be nice to share food dairies with people in roughly the same food stages to get ideas as give support. Anyone interested? My user name is boeberitz.[/quote']

I think this is such a great idea!!!! I use MFP on my phone..... When I get home I will figure out how to share my info with everyone! Also.... I ran across a blog that has AWESOME ideas for post WLS patients.... Google " the world according to egg face". I made a number of the recipes just before my pre-op diet and my non-dieting roommates even liked them!

Ok...so while I have been scheduled for my surgery for the 20th' date=' I jumped through the hoops, am well into my pre-op diet, went to all the appointments and even signed my consents for surgery...the one thing that was missing or that I was waiting on was my approval from the insurance company. With 4 days and hours left until my surgery I finally got my ding dang darn approval. Nothing like stressing me out, though I'm loathe to show that to anyone. But let me be the first to say...about damn time!!

So I'm officially approved and there is nothing...knock on wood...to delay this. Lord...watch me get hit by a car or something completely stupid. Lol.[/quote']

Congratulations Tally! Lets get this show on the road! I'll see you on the other side come Monday night! Yay for us!

So I'm 15 hours post op. When I was first waking up I was in a lot of pain and I was nauseas. Now I'm mostly just sore. Getting up to use the bathroom hasn't been to bad, just reaching to wipe can be a little tough. Theyve been giving me torotal sp? To reduce the swelling. I haven't asked for any pain meds. I do keep waking up on and off, but I guess that's expected. I haven't been able to get up and walk other than to the bathroom because I can't stay awake and don't have too much energy yet. I have a pillow on my stomach that really helps with the coughs. I wish I could be a little more independent when I need something but in time. Around 2pm ill go for my leak test and then will hopefully be able to get something down because my mouth is so dry!

So I'm 15 hours post op. When I was first waking up I was in a lot of pain and I was nauseas. Now I'm mostly just sore. Getting up to use the bathroom hasn't been to bad' date=' just reaching to wipe can be a little tough. Theyve been giving me torotal sp? To reduce the swelling. I haven't asked for any pain meds. I do keep waking up on and off, but I guess that's expected. I haven't been able to get up and walk other than to the bathroom because I can't stay awake and don't have too much energy yet. I have a pillow on my stomach that really helps with the coughs. I wish I could be a little more independent when I need something but in time. Around 2pm ill go for my leak test and then will hopefully be able to get something down because my mouth is so dry![/quote']

I feel your pain! Hang in there, it's almost over. After you have your leak test, they will bring you some liquids. You will much better after something to drink. The Torodol helps with inflammation, It really made me feel better. I slept a lot the next day as well. It's only normal. If I can suggest one thing, is even if your too tired to walk, sit up on the edge of your bed or chair in your room, It will get rid of the air faster. Other than that, take your time. Each day gets so much better I promise. I one week post op and I feel like a different person compared to the day after surgery. Good luck ! Any questions I'm happy to answer

Torodol is a beautiful drug and will help immensely! According to my doc, you have to have a break after 24 hours on it, as it is hard on the kidneys, but you can get a second round after that break if you need.

I was also on Demerol, as I had a very serious incarcerated hernia. Demerol is also a very beautiful drug. First pain reliever that's not caused me to vomit, and I think I am in love! LOL

Today is 1 week since surgery, and I have felt about 500% better the past 24 hours. I still get very tired very quickly. I've been back to work since Wednesday (working from home); I wish I could have taken off some more time, but it is crunch time on the project I am on, and it just wasn't feasible. I just try to pace myself throughout the day. Unfortunately, I have a sick kid home with me today. She is vomiting, and I swear, I better not catch it from her!

Oh, and I had my first pureed food this morning - scrambled eggs. SOOOO GOOOOD!

Day 3 post op. I put on real pants today and I can't even begin to zip them up! I am so bloated. I need my last week sleever friends to tell me this is normal.

It is normal. They brought me some hospital pj pants on my 3rd day in hospital and I couldn't do up the buttons but by my 5th morning which was Sunday I could button them just fine:)

I am Kalimomof3 on MFP add me :)