Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

This is especially for those who will be getting surgery. I found a pill crusher at Walmart yesterday. It really works great. Crushing your pills is a big thing after surgery. I still have to chop my pills into pieces. One pill that I take twice a day is so big that I have to cut it down into 8 pieces. Just crushing it with the pill crusher is so much faster. Also be sure and check with your pharmasist as to whether it is ok to crush which pills. After surgery I was crushing all my pills and found out that it was a definate no no for some of them. As for the 'no no' pills, I'm not sure what to do......does anyone know?????????

Nope - I am lucky the only pill I take in my antentol (sp) and it looks like a "whites" remeber those.. They were called something else back in the day - So I can take it without Water it's so small - I would ck w/your doc are the non crushable ones too big to swallow - are you that tight??

I had my surgery yesterday and am doing great. My root canel hurt more....so far. I have been walking quite bit and drinking my liquids. No problem so far. But I am only one day out. I LOVED HAVING DR. DAVIS DO MY SURGERY. HE WAS THE BEST. I go for my followup next week. So far I would do it again in a heartbeat. I appreciate reading the reply and support from this site.

I had my surgery yesterday and am doing great. My root canel hurt more....so far. I have been walking quite bit and drinking my liquids. No problem so far. But I am only one day out. I LOVED HAVING DR. DAVIS DO MY SURGERY. HE WAS THE BEST. I go for my followup next week. So far I would do it again in a heartbeat. I appreciate reading the reply and support from this site.

Texas

Congrats on being banded- you are doing great - I gotta say for me that the day of surgery i was in pain! - 2nd day had bad gas pain in shoulder but by the 2nd night i was good..

How cool to have doc davis (son or dad?) are they as nice as they seem on tv?? did you have to see that shrink lady that they have - I don't like her too much..

This site is my anchor - I love it - it's my transfer addiction...

Nope - I am lucky the only pill I take in my antentol (sp) and it looks like a "whites" remeber those.. They were called something else back in the day - So I can take it without Water it's so small - I would ck w/your doc are the non crushable ones too big to swallow - are you that tight??

no I don't remember those pills. I take 16 prescripton pills a day. They can be a real pain (literally) to get down. Yes I must be that tight. but the really big pill is the size of a Calcium pill, a giant. But I do have to cut all my pills down unless they are real small. Otherwise I will PB them. As for food. Some goes down with no problem, and I can eat a cup or more of it, but other food cause me to PB, slime & throw up no matter how much I chew it. Like, I made a stir fry the other day and tried to eat it but got real sick. I tried again the next day and go sick again. Last night I had a grilled steak and had no problem at all. It was a chuck steak!! not a nice tender one.

:whoo:congradulations. Happy that all went so well for you....

no I don't remember those pills. I take 16 prescripton pills a day. They can be a real pain (literally) to get down. Yes I must be that tight. but the really big pill is the size of a Calcium pill, a giant. But I do have to cut all my pills down unless they are real small. Otherwise I will PB them. As for food. Some goes down with no problem, and I can eat a cup or more of it, but other food cause me to PB, slime & throw up no matter how much I chew it. Like, I made a stir fry the other day and tried to eat it but got real sick. I tried again the next day and go sick again. Last night I had a grilled steak and had no problem at all. It was a chuck steak!! not a nice tender one.

NMsunshine

I our fickled bands - it's funny how one day you can eat something that you don't think will go down - and the next day you have Soup and get tight..

I had pizza at work last week (it was lunch provided by the office) i had 2 bite and stuck - had to quit... but i have eaten pizza before..

OMG 16 pills thats alot - I guess i am really lucky i only have 1 :eek:

Benny's that's what they were called - diet pills :)

Well, I am off to the shower - I walked 3 miles at the gym and i sweat like a pig - my head is soaking wet - i wonder why i sweat so bad - i do anything phyical and my hair looks like I just got out of the shower.. I get hot easliy and they didn't have the fans on cuz its like 58 dgrs here..

NMsunshine

I our fickled bands - it's funny how one day you can eat something that you don't think will go down - and the next day you have Soup and get tight..

I had pizza at work last week (it was lunch provided by the office) i had 2 bite and stuck - had to quit... but i have eaten pizza before..

OMG 16 pills thats alot - I guess i am really lucky i only have 1 :eek:

Benny's that's what they were called - diet pills :)

Well, I am off to the shower - I walked 3 miles at the gym and i sweat like a pig - my head is soaking wet - i wonder why i sweat so bad - i do anything phyical and my hair looks like I just got out of the shower.. I get hot easliy and they didn't have the fans on cuz its like 58 dgrs here..

Bennys yea, those were also called white crosses, right?

I am paronoid that I will the retching PB's in a public place!!!!

Yes one pill a day you are lucky. But, all of my physical problems may be connected to the kidney disease. Oh and I measured that giant pill I have against a Calcium pill...and it is twice as thick and longer than the calcium one!!!

I'm painting (art) today......back to my work. later

Texas! Congratulations on your surgery. Sounds like you're doing all the right things and taking care of you. Did you have to spend the night or go home same day? I'm supposed to be prepared to stay overnight but hoping to come home same day. (Thursday 1/10)

Thanks for checking in and sharing. Take care.

Carol:)

Can someone please tell me how to get the ticker. I went to tickerfactory.com and found the one I want, but I can't figure out how to get it on my post. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Texas! Congratulations on your surgery. Sounds like you're doing all the right things and taking care of you. Did you have to spend the night or go home same day? I'm supposed to be prepared to stay overnight but hoping to come home same day. (Thursday 1/10)

Thanks for checking in and sharing. Take care.

Carol:)

Hey Carol, I sure hope you get to come home the same day too. My dr. had told me to be prepared to stay over night but I did not have to after all. I had to get up and walk completely around both nurses stations before I could. I was so drugged, my husband said if he had not been holding my arm and pulling the IV stand, I couldn't have made it. My legs kept buckeling but somehow I made it. He said I would forget the IV pole was there and just walk off. I was so determined to come home the same day, that I would have done most anything.. ha ha Glad your surgery is so close. Brenda

Can someone please tell me how to get the ticker. I went to tickerfactory.com and found the one I want, but I can't figure out how to get it on my post. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

bc - hit the search button up at top & type in "Ticker Tutorial" there will be a link from RedTulips and there are pictures. Welcome!

:eek:

Hey Carol, I sure hope you get to come home the same day too. My dr. had told me to be prepared to stay over night but I did not have to after all. I had to get up and walk completely around both nurses stations before I could. I was so drugged, my husband said if he had not been holding my arm and pulling the IV stand, I couldn't have made it. My legs kept buckeling but somehow I made it. He said I would forget the IV pole was there and just walk off. I was so determined to come home the same day, that I would have done most anything.. ha ha Glad your surgery is so close. Brenda

Thanks Brenda! I think I have a good chance of coming home. I'm the first surgery, I don't have any serious health problems so I'm hopeful. Have a small bag packed just in case.

You're doing great! 18 lbs in about 5 weeks, right? Great job. Will be thinking of you Tuesday when you get your fill. Let me know how that goes.....I'm a llittle leary about that part.....but for now will concentrate on the surgery. LOL One thing at a time, right?

Carol:whoo:

Bennys yea, those were also called white crosses, right?

I am paronoid that I will the retching PB's in a public place!!!!

Yes one pill a day you are lucky. But, all of my physical problems may be connected to the kidney disease. Oh and I measured that giant pill I have against a Calcium pill...and it is twice as thick and longer than the calcium one!!!

I'm painting (art) today......back to my work. later

Yes - white cross :eek:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

That wasn't the way I did mine, but that's great if it works.

The main pill I have trouble with is my Calcium pills. They are huge. I haven't been taking them lately. I figured out they are also making me constipated. So now I just eat those little chocolates that are calcium. Works out great. A little snack after dinner but it's calcium.

It's going to take some real dedication to get this last 10 off. I am such a sweet eater and I just need to stay home and not go anywhere, or I fall off the wagon eating something someone offers me. I just can 't seem to say no. Last night it was a brownie. I wonder why I brownie won't get stuck but a piece of bread will.