Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

I am excited that I am down 2 lbs . I was stuck on another plateau

and now the scale finally moved. Usually when that happens I go down 5 lbs and then stall again for awhile.

and now the scale finally moved. Usually when that happens I go down 5 lbs and then stall again for awhile.

Hey Denise that's GREAT:clap2::clap2: - What a great early Xmas present....

:thankyou:For the warm welcome to this site. I have to get my blood gas done and my psych eval and I'll be ready for a surgery date.;)

Susan

That's all - I had a millon test - Nutritionist - lungs (i smoke) 2 appts - blood gas - breathing then to see lung doc - 3 visits to the heart dr one for echo - couldn't pass the treadmill had to have a nucular stress test - pap - mamo (ended up having a biospy in August - which was ok) - colon - psych - sleep apeana - did all these between 6/1 - 7/13. But to be honest - I never go to the doctor - so that's why I had to have all these test.:(

Janet

Hello there Brenda. Nice name .. lol. I see you were banded in Sept. I was banded Nov. 30th. I have really enjoyed getting to eat some real food this week. I have not had anything stuck until tonight. I ate an orange. I only ate the inside part but it felt like it was stuck for a while. I guess you live and learn. Take care, Brenda B.

Hi Brenda B from Brenda J, you have a nice name too;)

You'll find there are certain foods that your band doesn't like. Things with membranes that you cannot chew to death often are a problem..I have trouble with whole meat but do fine on ground meat.

;)Congradulations

Susan

That's all - I had a millon test - Nutritionist - lungs (i smoke) 2 appts - blood gas - breathing then to see lung doc - 3 visits to the heart dr one for echo - couldn't pass the treadmill had to have a nucular stress test - pap - mamo (ended up having a biospy in August - which was ok) - colon - psych - sleep apeana - did all these between 6/1 - 7/13. But to be honest - I never go to the doctor - so that's why I had to have all these test.:P

Janet

:(that ha to be miserable.........all those tests.

Hey does anyone know how to keep that page of a 1,000 smileys from going away when you post the note.

Hi Brenda B from Brenda J, you have a nice name too;)

You'll find there are certain foods that your band doesn't like. Things with membranes that you cannot chew to death often are a problem..I have trouble with whole meat but do fine on ground meat.

;)Congradulations

:(that ha to be miserable.........all those tests.

Hey does anyone know how to keep that page of a 1,000 smileys from going away when you post the note.

They just go away. Some months ago, I painstakingly downloaded each individual one to a "clip art" folder on my computer so I'd have them somewhere else other than on the web.

I'll be 51 Sunday, so I'd like to lurk and learn here while I wait to be banded in March. So far, I've had my sleep apnea test, started walking, and practiced chewing instead of drinking with my meals. I have more tests and checkups before I get a date. I'm counting on ypu ladies (and gentleman) to help me keep at it!

I'll be 51 Sunday, so I'd like to lurk and learn here while I wait to be banded in March. So far, I've had my sleep apnea test, started walking, and practiced chewing instead of drinking with my meals. I have more tests and checkups before I get a date. I'm counting on ypu ladies (and gentleman) to help me keep at it!

Welcom Egorsgirl -

Pre Happy Birthday !!!!

Don't be a lurker ;)- Join us we are a great group and let me tell you as I just post above to Susan - these ladies here were a BIG help to me when I first started my journey to be banded.. You know the whole not drinking with your meal isn't that hard (it wasn't for me) chewing well that's still a problem when I am hungry I tend to eat too fast and not chew..

Well I was just cking in before I head to the gym - talk to you all later.

PHYL after you copied the smilies were you able to use a quick paste to get them into posts? Was wondering if the copy would work. I work with two monitors so I could just leave the smilie page on one monitor and posting screen on other. Cool,huh? Thanks

:welcomeB: You will learn all sorts of stuff about living with the band. And all that good stuff you are doing will help you to slip right into the band lifestyle

PHYL after you copied the smilies were you able to use a quick paste to get them into posts? Was wondering if the copy would work. I work with two monitors so I could just leave the smilie page on one monitor and posting screen on other. Cool,huh? Thanks

Hmmm.... to tell you the truth, I copied them to use in emails so I never tried to paste in to a post, but I just did and it won't work!! So much for that idea!

Denise, so happy to hear about your 2 lbs! :clap2: Congratulations on hanging in there & glad the new restriction is helping. You're so close to goal.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Carol