Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

I guess I take about 6 Rx plus Vitamin supplements. Two BP, two for cholesterol, one for reflux, one for bladder and a synthetic hormone pill. The supplements are the most difficult to get down, especially B-Complex. But then someone here clued me in about the liquid B-Complex, sublingual, and that works great. Target has it and yesterday I found it at Wal-Mart.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

600542appliquebannerflag.jpg

36_7_1.gif PHYL - Your Seahawks did a number on the Redskins tonight! I was having my doubts for awhile but they sure came out shining!

Pills....I hadn't thought about being limited on taking pills. I can't take to huge Vitamins or Calcium. I use the chewy calcium like Denise will have to see about pills after I get a feel for my band. Interesting.

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

That wasn't the way I did mine, but that's great if it works.

The main pill I have trouble with is my Calcium pills. They are huge. I haven't been taking them lately. I figured out they are also making me constipated. So now I just eat those little chocolates that are calcium. Works out great. A little snack after dinner but it's calcium.

It's going to take some real dedication to get this last 10 off. I am such a sweet eater and I just need to stay home and not go anywhere, or I fall off the wagon eating something someone offers me. I just can 't seem to say no. Last night it was a brownie. I wonder why I brownie won't get stuck but a piece of bread will.

Tell me about it! We finally got rid of the last of the Christmas chocolate. Then we picked our daughter and son-in-law up from the airport and he brings us a big box of Ferrier Roche chocolates from his parents! :(

36_7_1.gif PHYL - Your Seahawks did a number on the Redskins tonight! I was having my doubts for awhile but they sure came out shining!

Pills....I hadn't thought about being limited on taking pills. I can't take to huge Vitamins or Calcium. I use the chewy calcium like Denise will have to see about pills after I get a feel for my band. Interesting.

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

We like the chewable calcium from costco but lately they haven't had the sugar free. Chewable Centrum works, and, like I mentioned, the liquid B-Comp. Small capsules go down easy. And small pills, for that matter. But anything very big... scarey!

We like the chewable Calcium from costco but lately they haven't had the sugar free. Chewable Centrum works, and, like I mentioned, the liquid B-Comp. Small capsules go down easy. And small pills, for that matter. But anything very big... scarey!

Thanks Phyl. I did buy the Centrum chewable Vitamin at Costco, but I hadn't thought to look for the chewable calcium. I think I'll pickup some of the liquid B too. I'm off all Vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen & :omg: my hormones until after surgery! Yeah.....if your watching CNN or FOX News & hear about an AZ woman losing it & going nutso.....it could be me! LOL

Have a good evening.:notagree Carol

Thanks Phyl. I did buy the Centrum chewable Vitamin at costco, but I hadn't thought to look for the chewable Calcium. I think I'll pickup some of the liquid B too. I'm off all Vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen & :omg: my hormones until after surgery! Yeah.....if your watching CNN or FOX News & hear about an AZ woman losing it & going nutso.....it could be me! LOL

Have a good evening.:notagree Carol

Carol - Your doc or nutristionst should be giving you a list of all the vitatmins that he wants you to take after surgery - it's was about a week after mine that i had to start taking them - Chewable mulit Vitatmins - Chewable Calicum Citra - sublingual vit b complex for the b-12- I am very lucky my doc office is great I see the nutritionst & the doc every time i go in - also at bariatic advantage they sell chewable vitatmins for banders - it's calledd Vitaband... the are pretty good.

I've been told by my GP's PA and by my surgeon's nutritionist that calcium citrate is better than Calcium carbonate. Apparently, calcium citrate is better absorbed and you have to take much more calcium carbonate to get the same amount of calcium in your system. Also, you're not supposed to take a calcium supplement within two hours of taking Iron or a Multivitamin that contains iron because the iron interferes with calcium absorption.

Unfortunately, Viactiv contains calcium carbonate. I love those chews! I got some chewable supplements from a site that specializes in bariatric Vitamins but when my supply is gone, I'm switching to supplements I can find at my grocery store! :(

Thanks for the help. As you can see , it worked. One of these days I will get this site figured out. Everyone is so helpful. It is greatly appreciated.

Surgery date 1/22/08

no pre-op diet THANK GOD

Hi, all:

Sounds like everyone made it through the Holidays intact. I had a few "bad" moments with the holiday sweets and had to overhaul my mindset after Christmas.

I just came out of my third episode of being too tight. At least this time, I recognized the signs before I started the hours upon hours of vomiting and I didn't have to go for a unfill. But three days of liquids put me back on track.

My band is a puzzle to me -my last fill was 12/10 and I felt no restriction until last Jan. 3 when it tightened so much I could only get Water down in small sips. My fill person says it could be due to stress - I replied that it certainly causes stresss! Anyone had an experience like this?

The good news is that during this last episode, I made it to Onederland! I haven't been under 200 for about 20 years so I'm pretty excited.

Hope everyone has a good week - I hit the road with work tomorrow and will be gone all week.

Marlena

The good news is that during this last episode, I made it to Onederland! I haven't been under 200 for about 20 years so I'm pretty excited.

Marlena

Welcome to ONE-derful ONE-derland, Marlena! Doesn't it feel great???? Congrats! :whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:There is a great thread you might like to be part of:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/countdown-onederland-33961/

Way to go!

I had my surgery yesterday and am doing great. My root canel hurt more....so far. I have been walking quite bit and drinking my liquids. No problem so far. But I am only one day out. I LOVED HAVING DR. DAVIS DO MY SURGERY. HE WAS THE BEST. I go for my followup next week. So far I would do it again in a heartbeat. I appreciate reading the reply and support from this site.

texasbandster, glad to hear your surgery went well and you like Dr. Davis. My seminar is coming up a week from Wed - can't wait!

:whoo:

I've been told by my GP's PA and by my surgeon's nutritionist that calcium citrate is better than Calcium carbonate. Apparently, calcium citrate is better absorbed and you have to take much more calcium carbonate to get the same amount of calcium in your system. Also, you're not supposed to take a calcium supplement within two hours of taking Iron or a multivitamin that contains iron because the iron interferes with calcium absorption.

Unfortunately, Viactiv contains calcium carbonate. I love those chews! I got some chewable supplements from a site that specializes in bariatric Vitamins but when my supply is gone, I'm switching to supplements I can find at my grocery store! :)

I didn't buy Viactiv from costco for the same reason, it's calcium carbonate. I was also told by my nutritionist to take calcium citrate. I found Citracal Creamy Chews that have calcium citrate. I take the caramel flavor, and they are wonderful. I feel like I'm having a treat and

I don't forget to take them. I found them at drugstore.com

Buy Citracal Creamy Bites Dietary Supplement, Caramel Online at drugstore.com

I didn't buy Viactiv from costco for the same reason, it's Calcium carbonate. I was also told by my nutritionist to take calcium citrate. I found Citracal Creamy Chews that have calcium citrate. I take the caramel flavor, and they are wonderful. I feel like I'm having a treat and

I don't forget to take them. I found them at drugstore.com

Buy Citracal Creamy Bites Dietary Supplement, Caramel Online at drugstore.com

I plan to take the Citracal when I finish what I have now (chewables that I don't particularly care for.) And I have Centrum chewables ready to go for my multivitamin. So I just need a good chewable or liquid for glucosamine-chondroitin-MSM. I have a chewable now but I can't stand the taste and I have to eat three of them every morning. But I really think it helps my knees.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a long time, but I'm back. I am done with holiday eating. I hear you about the chocolates appearing after you clear everything out. My son was leaving trays of open Cookies on the table. I have been throwing his "treats" out. I also washed a big piece of chocolate cake that had my name on it. I was slicing away at it and realized, that even if I put it in the garbage, I might go back and sneak a pinch. Once the cake was in the disposal with Water all over it, the "enchantment" was broken. The sugar addicition is really tricky for me.

Do other people out there have those types of crazy thoughts?

Well, Happy New Year everyone! You know 2008 will be a much better year now that we are banded. Life has a lot to offer.

Hugs to all,

Michelle