Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

HELLO FELLOW DECEMBER DELIGHTS! I had my surgery on Monday (12/7) and I wish I could say it was uneventful, but I woke up in ICU! (B))... Apparently my BP was all over the board during surgery from sky high 160's/110's to too low 80/70, so instead of my nice private room, I wake up in Intensive Care! The doctor's were all wonderful and took really good care of me. I came home yesterday evening. SORE as all he**, but getting better. Been tolerating my liquids well, but I don't have an appetite. I will post my story in the "surgery day stories" sticky in a day or two. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that me and my band are home safe and getting to know each other.

Feel free to ask questions. We're all here for each other. Thank you for the prayers, well wishes, and support! :)

Hey All,

I really feel like family here. Congrats to all who have their new friend now. I was scheduled for the 21st but my dr is going out of town and I have been moved up to the 16th. I was to start my 7 day liquid diet on the 14th but that has started today:tongue_smilie:Not too bad. I can have either slimfast or carnation instant Breakfast 3-4 a day and plenty of Water and sugar free drinks like crystal light. Of course, I chose carnation with all of the slimfast news. Anyway, I am getting nervous now..but exicited at the same time:rolleyes2:. Well, I guess I had better get back to work, just wanted to check in with my band fam!

Band Fam - how do I update my ticker w/o creating a new one everytime? That takes the fun out of seeing the "scale" move... :)

Click on your ticker and it will take you to the website. Enter your password, update your stats, save and it will automatically update the link here. That's it. Good luck!

Click on your ticker and it will take you to the website. Enter your password, update your stats, save and it will automatically update the link here. That's it. Good luck!

Thanks!:)

HELLO FELLOW DECEMBER DELIGHTS! I had my surgery on Monday (12/7) and I wish I could say it was uneventful, but I woke up in ICU! (B))... Apparently my BP was all over the board during surgery from sky high 160's/110's to too low 80/70, so instead of my nice private room, I wake up in Intensive Care! The doctor's were all wonderful and took really good care of me. I came home yesterday evening. SORE as all he**, but getting better. Been tolerating my liquids well, but I don't have an appetite. I will post my story in the "surgery day stories" sticky in a day or two. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that me and my band are home safe and getting to know each other.

Feel free to ask questions. We're all here for each other. Thank you for the prayers, well wishes, and support! :)

Ohmygosh! Do they know why that happened? And you're okay now? You seem alright. Wow... that's frightening (on the one hand, and on the other... I guess you slept through most of the crisis. :thumbup:). I'm really glad you're okay. Hang in there, kiddo!

Late for a meeting...

HappyMe---so glad you are doing better! how scary that must have been, waking up in the freaking icu! ack! but at least you are home now, safe and sound. hopefully, the rest of your recovery will be a lot less uneventful!

I was banded a week ago -- have been having quite a bit of discomfort. It feels like something is "stuck" in my sternum (where the band is), even though I've only had Clear Liquids. Sunday was the worst -- could only get down 9 oz. of liquid all day. So, my doctor sent me to the ER. They did x-rays while I drank some awful-tasting stuff -- the band was working correctly and was in the right spot. They gave me IV hydration and Tylenol with codeine. I had stopped taking Perocet, but I guess I still needed something. That helped quite a bit and this feeling has been getting better and better. The episodes of it are fewer and less uncomfortable. I did start eating yogurt yesterday and this morning I had that same awful feeling again. When I swallowed the liquid Tylenol in the afternoon, it must have pushed something through because there was instant relief. So, I guess I have to learn to eat less than the miniscule amount I had until things heal up. It hasn't been as easy of a recovery as I thought it would be. One week later, I'm barely on anything but Clear Liquids and am exhausted. Dr. said Protein will help that, so I'm trying to get 8 oz. of shake in where I can. Just wanted to give my story so that no one is surprised if this happens -- I know I didn't expect it and hadn't read anything about it.

Good luck to all!

i am having same problem i am downing 12 oz of Protein Shake a day about 24 gram Protein, i am so bloated and full i don/t want anything else i was nervous about Fluid restrictions,and protein

hi everyone!

i am new to these forums, and was banded (realize) on 12/7... am home now and just getting a little more comfortable as the gas passes.

i am excited to see this thread filled with folks in the same stage of things -- does anyone else feel like they have NO IDEA what's in store?????

i felt well enough today to experiment with a few Protein shakes -- LOVED the syntha-8 strawberry milkshake... tasted like something you'd get at baskin robbins. It has 23g Protein but also 200 cals and 13 carbs (250 cals and nearly 20 carbs if you count the 4.5 oz of skim milk) which seems high, but again - it was amazing! i wonder if there's a way to compromise -- use half this powder with a lower cal/carb version? any recommendations?

at lunch i tried one of the nature's best low carb Isopure - it smelled fowl and was very foamy!

seriously - i've never lived "one meal at a time" like this before! it's intense!

anyway - glad to join you december delights! now if only i can figure out how to add my ticker to my profile! :)

I am also having a terrible time with nausea and I was at the clinic today. They said it was the start of dehydration, have to drink more. How can I drink more when it makes me nauceous(sp)

Terri

The painkillers will nauseate you!! Call your doctor! Mine gave me liquid Phenergan.

The painkillers will nauseate you!! Call your doctor! Mine gave me liquid Phenergan.

Agreed - especially on an empty stomach, and I know you've had a hard time getting even Water down. Also, I recommend staying off treadmills for the time being. :scared2:

Feel better.

I was banded a week ago -- have been having quite a bit of discomfort. It feels like something is "stuck" in my sternum (where the band is), even though I've only had Clear liquids. Sunday was the worst -- could only get down 9 oz. of liquid all day. So, my doctor sent me to the ER. They did x-rays while I drank some awful-tasting stuff -- the band was working correctly and was in the right spot. They gave me IV hydration and Tylenol with codeine. I had stopped taking Perocet, but I guess I still needed something. That helped quite a bit and this feeling has been getting better and better. The episodes of it are fewer and less uncomfortable. I did start eating yogurt yesterday and this morning I had that same awful feeling again. When I swallowed the liquid Tylenol in the afternoon, it must have pushed something through because there was instant relief. So, I guess I have to learn to eat less than the miniscule amount I had until things heal up. It hasn't been as easy of a recovery as I thought it would be. One week later, I'm barely on anything but clear liquids and am exhausted. Dr. said Protein will help that, so I'm trying to get 8 oz. of shake in where I can. Just wanted to give my story so that no one is surprised if this happens -- I know I didn't expect it and hadn't read anything about it.

Good luck to all!

Shar, Shar, my recovery has been similar but not quite as bad as yours. Still having a very hard time and surgery was the first. really sucks

terri

I am also having a terrible time with nausea and I was at the clinic today. They said it was the start of dehydration, have to drink more. How can I drink more when it makes me nauceous(sp)

Terri

I like ice chips and popsicles when I feel sick maybe that would helps a bit with the dehydration...

Hi everyone I am doing ok. I still need my painkillers in the evening when I try to sleep but during the day I am doing ok.. I am also having difficulties in the BM area.. Hope that gets better I am even on a stool softner.. Anywho... Hope every that has been banded this week is doing well...