Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I was banded Monday, Dec 7. It was early evening when I got out of surgery and the doc gave me the option to stay. I could barely breath. All the gas was under my diaphram and I was miserable. They gave me Tordal and it killed all the pain. I love that stuff! I don't know what I would have done if they sent me home right after surgery.

Tuesday at home I still felt miserable but found that walking made me feel better. I couldn't get much down other than hot tea and ice Water.

Today I have finished one Protein shake in many little shots. I am passing a lot of gas and feel better with each one!

The nurse told me to leave on all the surgical strips they placed over the incisions until they fall off. I have been worrying about the one over the port area. Its pretty bloody and that can't be good to leave over a fresh incision, could it? Should I replace it with a clean bandage?

The nurse told me to leave on all the surgical strips they placed over the incisions until they fall off. I have been worrying about the one over the port area. Its pretty bloody and that can't be good to leave over a fresh incision, could it? Should I replace it with a clean bandage?

i was banded on the 7th too!

i have one bloody surgical strip as well - -the surgeon checked it out before my discharge and said its safe - actually safer than changing it and risking opening it up. think of it like a scab.

glad to hear you're finally passing that gas -- who knew toots and burps could be so appreciated!

Was banded this morning, so far so good. I was going to back out but so far I am glad I went through it.

HELLO FELLOW DECEMBER DELIGHTS! I had my surgery on Monday (12/7) and I wish I could say it was uneventful, but I woke up in ICU! (:lol:)... Apparently my BP was all over the board during surgery from sky high 160's/110's to too low 80/70, so instead of my nice private room, I wake up in Intensive Care! The doctor's were all wonderful and took really good care of me. I came home yesterday evening. SORE as all he**, but getting better. Been tolerating my liquids well, but I don't have an appetite. I will post my story in the "surgery day stories" sticky in a day or two. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that me and my band are home safe and getting to know each other.

Feel free to ask questions. We're all here for each other. Thank you for the prayers, well wishes, and support! :thumbup:

Oh dear! At least you were in the right place and are back on the road to recovery. Hope you are feeling ok, look forward to hearing from you :scared2:

I was banded on the Dec 7th. All my incision sites are neat and clean. My doctor used glue to close them up. Besides the terrible gas I had when I woke up everything seems fine. I just still a little sore.

Hi everyone I am doing ok. I still need my painkillers in the evening when I try to sleep but during the day I am doing ok.. I am also having difficulties in the BM area.. Hope that gets better I am even on a stool softner.. Anywho... Hope every that has been banded this week is doing well...

Try Mirilax. It works wonders!!! I bought a huge bottle yesterday. You mix it with any liquid and it has no taste or texture.

HELLO FELLOW DECEMBER DELIGHTS! I had my surgery on Monday (12/7) and I wish I could say it was uneventful, but I woke up in ICU! (:thumbup:)... Apparently my BP was all over the board during surgery from sky high 160's/110's to too low 80/70, so instead of my nice private room, I wake up in Intensive Care! The doctor's were all wonderful and took really good care of me. I came home yesterday evening. SORE as all he**, but getting better. Been tolerating my liquids well, but I don't have an appetite. I will post my story in the "surgery day stories" sticky in a day or two. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that me and my band are home safe and getting to know each other.

Feel free to ask questions. We're all here for each other. Thank you for the prayers, well wishes, and support! :scared2:

I was looking everywhere for our HappyMe to see how things went. Finally figured out how to find all your posts.

I'm sorry your experience was uneventful but glad you're home and getting better!

Terri, it is a relief to hear I'm not the only one who is having trouble. I was in the ER again today for hydration. I had 2 liters of fluids and did ice chips and that helped. The dr. also recommended Pedialyte ice pops -- the kids they make for kids. He said that would be even better than regular ice pops. I hope you are feeling better!

Hello All - I was banded yesterday the 9th in TJ Mexico. No Complications, everyone there was a pleasure to deal with. Grateful to all the Dec. 09 Bandsters and all of you input and thoughts and suggestions. I am already in San Diego ready to get home to the Windy City

My surgery was Tuesday and I feel pretty good. I've been taking scheduled low-dose pain meds to be on the safe side. I've had no troubles with walking. I've been a little down thinking about what I've given up without a clear picture of the end result (right now it's hard to imagine it). In the end, I know this is a great thing for me and my future!

Veronda, I've found that watching television doesn't help with the "missing what we used to have". All those food commercials! I made the mistake of watching Food Network today -- I'm still on Clear Liquids 8 days after surgery, so that was just sad for me! :eek:

I had my surgery on the 7th and it as pretty rough a couple of days after but today was a better day. I am still sore around my incisions and it doesnt help that I have a slight cough. My stomach feels kind of tight, I believe I still have gas even though I had a bowel movement this morning. It is just a process I guess and you have to wait it out. I wish everyone well.

Hey Delights!... I just wanted to check in and say "THANK YOU" for all the concern and kind words. I am doing much better today. I am sorry to hear about all the trouble some of you are having with your liquids. I have been able to get down and keep down (thank GOD) all my liquids but I am NOT getting enough Protein. I haven't had one shake, just broth, creamy Soup, gatorade, V8 splash, creme of wheat, hot chocolate and hot tea and Water. I still have pain around my incisions and some gas but it's getting easier to move around and stay awake. I have been pooped (yawning)! I will try to get more protein in as I feel better, right now I am just trying to take in enough Fluid to stay hydrated. Are you all using your sippy cups and toddler utensils to drink and eat with? I find that really helps me control the amount that goes down smoothly. Was anyone else told not to drive for a week?

Everyone that was banded thus far, hang in there. We CAN do this.. it's an adjustment but once we set our minds to overcoming the obstacles, we WILL overcome them. Keep your chins up, it will get better.:eek:

To those being banded tomorrow and next week, GOOD LUCK and don't forget your chapstick!:thumbdown:

I was looking everywhere for our HappyMe to see how things went. Finally figured out how to find all your posts.

I'm sorry your experience was uneventful but glad you're home and getting better!

Hey SkinnyChick - you can always PM me... how has your progress been? What is your best advice to a baby banster a few days behind you?

I am amazed that I haven't lost any weight since I came home. I guess swelling has "weight" to it huh? :eek: