Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Hi all - Just checking in. Half way through the month and so many people banded and about to be banded. YAY! Good Luck to everyone with their bands and recoveries!

I'm currently 2 weeks post-op. Back at work for the first time today. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, except for one incision that is bugging me. Staples out this week and my larger incision is giving me some pain, however, all in all, I'd say it's going pretty well.

At times I am pretty hungry, but I think it's more mental than real hunger. It's still hard to be around others who are eating lots of whatever they want and I'm working on my mushies and chewing, chewing, chewing....

Oh yeah, and is anyone else burping all the time?? I eat anything, I burp. I drink something, I burp. It's constant and embarrassing!! :biggrin:

Hi all - Just checking in. Half way through the month and so many people banded and about to be banded. YAY! Good Luck to everyone with their bands and recoveries!

I'm currently 2 weeks post-op. Back at work for the first time today. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, except for one incision that is bugging me. Staples out this week and my larger incision is giving me some pain, however, all in all, I'd say it's going pretty well.

At times I am pretty hungry, but I think it's more mental than real hunger. It's still hard to be around others who are eating lots of whatever they want and I'm working on my mushies and chewing, chewing, chewing....

Oh yeah, and is anyone else burping all the time?? I eat anything, I burp. I drink something, I burp. It's constant and embarrassing!! :biggrin:

Yeah I find I do the same thing.. THey are not loud burps. But yeah I do burp and if I dont then I am very uncomfortable...

Mel... be careful with the heating pad if you had any heprin or blood thinners. I was in the hospital for 24 hours and had 5 shots of it and was told no heating pad for 5 days.

Hi all,

Went to bed last night around 11:00 as I had fallen asleep on the couch right after taking a pain med dose at 10:00. Woke up at 2 am and had to use restroom, take some more pain meds, and walk a little bit. Back up at 6 am for more of the same. I tried getting back to bed but couldn't sleep.

Now I'm on the couch dozing on and off. Still have gas pains in my shoulder. I need to take another gas x strip and walk.

I've been drinking apple juice, veggie broth, and this morning some v8 fusion mixed with a scoop of whey Protein powder. I'm having a hard time remembering to sip, not gulp, as I'm still pretty thirsty. I wanted coffee but decided to put that off for a few more days.

I have to do that blowy thing every four hours, so it's time for that too. My pain pump is slowly deflating, thus I have not had pain at my incision sites.

Only thing I wish I had bought prior to the surgery is a heating pad. Maybe I'll send hubby to Walgreens today to pick one up for my shoulder/back.

Hope all the other recently banded delights are doing okay.

Hi Michelle-

I actually called the nurse about the burping because I got so irriatated with it. She said that cold liquids can be irritating and asked I stick with room temp or warm. I ahve no idea why but I took her advice and it stopped.

t

Yeah I find I do the same thing.. THey are not loud burps. But yeah I do burp and if I dont then I am very uncomfortable...

Hi Michelle-

I actually called the nurse about the burping because I got so irriatated with it. She said that cold liquids can be irritating and asked I stick with room temp or warm. I ahve no idea why but I took her advice and it stopped.

t

Thanks Tina I will do the same...

Hi all, banded yesterday afternoon. Very sore! I was up and walking within an hour of recovery room. I was burping all the time but I just farted and I was delighted!!

I was burping all the time but I just farted and I was delighted!!

:biggrin::sad::lol::lol:Isn't it funny the simply things in life can make us feel good.:):lol::biggrin:

Thanks that is really helpful! I was banded Monday (12.14.09) and am still pretty sore. I had a hernia which they found and repaired during surgery. My lungs are really sore. It hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, etc. Anyone else having similar symptoms?

Thanks Tina I will do the same...

Thanks that is really helpful! I was banded Monday (12.14.09) and am still pretty sore. I had a hernia which they found and repaired during surgery. My lungs are really sore. It hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, etc. Anyone else having similar symptoms?

Had all those problems. I found using a pillow on my stomach helped alot. I also felt more secure. Each day you will feel better.

Mel... be careful with the heating pad if you had any heprin or blood thinners. I was in the hospital for 24 hours and had 5 shots of it and was told no heating pad for 5 days.

I only had one shot of a blood thinner. I didn't even feel it, although I watched her do it (I'm used to all the shots in the belly since I've gone through fertility treatments).

I plan on using the heating pad just a bit on my left shoulder where the gas pain is. I expected the pain to be more in my chest up by my shoulder. This actually feels like I've strained my shoulder, the way it's hurting. Does everyone else's gas feel like that?

Had all those problems. I found using a pillow on my stomach helped alot. I also felt more secure. Each day you will feel better.

I'm having to use the pillow to pad my tummy against my litte 3.5 pound toy poodle who thinks it's necessary to lay on my tummy like she used to do. lol

I forgot to mention in my surgery post that the doctor said my liver looked really good. He had absolutely no problems with it being too big to do the surgery. I guess my pre-op diet worked.

Stl, did they give you one of those breathing things? You actually suck air in (I originally said blow) and it's supposed to help your lung capacity. I'm supposed to do it every 4 hours about 5 times each time.

hey girl

i burrp all time too,i am on liquids still 11 days now,,mushies on tuesday ,,i had no staples either,,,they used like super glue

In case anyone is interested this web site is very good. Has recipes for Protein Shakes, and foods. It also explains the different diets like liquids and purees. I was first taken back because it was a store but it much more. Gives good advice.

:biggrin:

BariatricEating.com - BE, Inc. The number one bariatric website for Protein, Vitamins, and success.