Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I am 6 days out and could not really go back to teaching. I get tired really quick from the lack of calories. You need to go out shopping or something and see how your body feels before deciding about work.

Hi everyone! I feel like I have been waiting forever to join you in being banded! This thursday (xmas eve) is my day. This thread really has me pumped to just do it already!!

Wow Christmas Eve, you are determined/ Good luck.

:thumbup:

I, too, am doing the creamed Soups and yogart (not in excess though). I think it's okay and won't hurt you. So many docs have different rules and I know of a lot of people who did as we are and they are just fine!! Don't worry about it. I decided that with this band I would eat until I'm satisfied and no more "diets". I'm just going with the flow here and doing fine.

I feel pretty good, I still get tired easy. I started following the week 2 diet. Im using unjury and really like the unflavored and chocolate. I stay full now. :thumbup:

All of you probably know this but a great place for recipies for gastric bypass is to google egg face. She is great!

good morning everyone. I was just wondering what Vitamins everyone is taking, and also what Calcium supplements.

I get banded on Tuesday and haven't got my Vitamins yet.

Also do you have the Magic Bullet, Ninja, or the blender from jc penny.

I read a review and then I say well maybe the Magic Bullet isn't worth the 50 bucks.

please share!

I got my vitamins from my Dr's Nutritionist (RN). They are called Bariatric Advantage Nutuiontional supplements VitaBand. Complete chewable Multivitamin and mineral Formula. Mixed berry Flavored - taste good. Check with your doctor :thumbup:

Yesterday I brought a can of progresso black bean Soup. I heated it up and then but it in the blender and blended (pulse) until all the Beans were gone. put a dab of sour cream in it. Oh my was it good. I really wasn't to sure if I would like "bean soup" never had it, always afraid to try,(it if you know what I mean.)

I am suppose to be on full liquids and I am not sure if this would be consided full liquids or puree. But it poured out of the blender. I handle it great. So figured I just put that out there.:thumbup:

We took out my pain pump on Saturday, all was well until last evening when my tummy started hurting and the pain in my shoulder (whether from gas or referred pain) was horrible!

Even this morning, when I woke up, I thought I was going to cry from the pain. When I got up last night around 4:00 to come lay on the couch, I took the last of my nasal pain med, so now I just have to rely on the Aleve and liquid tylenol.

I definitely could not have gone back to work today. I have blurred vision from the pain med, and the anti-nausea patch. Plus I'm just too uncomfortable.

Thanks for letting me cry a little bit. :thumbup:

I was banded on 12/3, so that's 2.5 weeks ago. I'm supposed to be on mushies now for the next 1.5 weeks.

Not sure how everyone else is doing, but I feel no restriction (probably because I have nothing in my band) and feel like I could eat anything. I've been doing mushies, but also a few non-mushies where I chew REALY well. So far, no issues. And my weight loss has stopped. UGH!

I can't get a fill for 3.5 weeks according to my doctor. :thumbup:

I have no Fluid in my band either and feel no restriction. I just emailed my doc to see if I can get my fluid put back in. I'm so tired of being hungry. I mean the reason I had the band put in is so that the hunger part would improve. I can eat any mushie food, no problem. I have tried to stick with greek yogarts and stuff but yesterday I had chicken noodle soup...no problem!! It's starting to worry me. Sorry to ramble on but I don't know what to do. Any suggestion?

I have no Fluid in my band either and feel no restriction. I just emailed my doc to see if I can get my fluid put back in. I'm so tired of being hungry. I mean the reason I had the band put in is so that the hunger part would improve. I can eat any mushie food, no problem. I have tried to stick with greek yogarts and stuff but yesterday I had chicken noodle soup...no problem!! It's starting to worry me. Sorry to ramble on but I don't know what to do. Any suggestion?

Man, you're way ahead of me, despite the fact you had surgery one day before me. lol I'm still so scared (or maybe paranoid) that I'll drink too fast that it'll come back up. Once I have my follow up visit tomorrow, I may move on to full liquids.

I'm worried too. Mainly that I will start to gain again after losing since beginning the pre-op diet.

My doctor said no fills until I am on solids for 2 weeks, which means not until around Jan 13th.

I guess my plan will be the following. Calorie counting until I get my fill. Making sure I stay within a calorie count that will still keep me loosing weight. And getting to the gym.

Is everybody getting in their Protein?

Hi I am new to the site and was banded on Dec 11th in the UK, I am on liquids for 4 weeks then on to mushie for another 2 weeks so it seems that every doc is different.

I must admit that some of the Soups that I have had in the last couple of days have been quite thick but I havent been to physically hungry just head hungry. I have spent the last couple of days just reading old posts this site is a wealth of information and insights. I hope I get to know some of you on our journey,

xx

Hi, banded on the 19th... only my 2nd day post-op... my wife got the same band on the same day, so we're suffering together (romantic, ain't it?)... lol.

Sore belly, occasional pain where the port incision is... also, some soreness in my calves, which I've been working on by walking and stretching... we have liquid Loritab for pain, which almost always puts me to sleep... prescription Pepcid and OTC Gas-X for gas... and an anti-nausea med that, luckily, I haven't needed yet... but, my wife has.

I've felt slightly hungry at times, but some chicken broth or Jello, and it seems to knock it out... tomorrow we start our full liquids and Protein Drinks.< /p>

weight.png

Is everybody getting in their Protein?

I haven't, but I'm starting to. I decided this afternoon to move to my cream Soups that I add skim milk to, cook, then strain to make sure I'm getting out any small bits and pieces.

Before I move to any additional full liquids, I'll see my surgeon tomorrow for my follow up visit and ask his advice.

Are you getting yours in?