Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I'm 11 days post op and on full foods, although I'm trying to make sure they are softer foods, or foods that will easily mush up.

Yesterday after church, we went to Red Lobster to Celebrate my cousin's baby dedication. I ordered the appetizer size of coconut shrimp and a baked potato. After the first shrimp, I ended up scraping off almost all of the coconut, as it was just too much. I gave a couple of them away. I ate most of the inside of the potato (it was a small one), but no skin, although I ususally love potato skin.

I made a couple of scrambled eggs last night for dinner and added finely chopped ham, bell pepper, green onion, and cheddar cheese. I ate about half, and had the other half for lunch today with some crackers.

It's pretty tough waiting an hour after eating to drink, but I pop a piece of gum in and it helps.

Weight wise, I am holding steady since surgery, which if you think about it, is pretty good, having made it through two Christmas dinners. I plan on starting exercising again soon now that my incisions are healed well enough. I didn't want to irritate them, so I put off doing my Wii Fit Plus.

Today is my first day back at work and all is well. I did bring my lunch with me rather than go home, so I wouldn't be rushed eating. It still takes quite a while to eat to make sure everything is chewed up very well.

My only complaint is that I have a yeast infection from the liquid antibiotics I was on. Last night, I started the first night of the 7 nights of Monistat, OMG! That $h!t stung worse than the infection itself! But, I've got to power through it to treat it. I'm making sure I eat yogurt for Breakfast to help cure it naturally. And I'm sleeping on my tummy at night now! :-D

Hi Mel! I find it intriguing that you are eating food right now. I am 19 days post op and I have been eating too. The band works, restricts my portions and I don't have any problems swallowing which was my fear when I got the OK to eat soft foods.

Hi Mel! I find it intriguing that you are eating food right now. I am 19 days post op and I have been eating too. The band works, restricts my portions and I don't have any problems swallowing which was my fear when I got the OK to eat soft foods.

Yeah, my surgeon is pretty progressive. He told me I could progress through the stages as my hunger warrants. So I transitioned pretty quickly from mushy food to real food (albeit soft). My portions are staying pretty small, and it takes a while to eat. One evening, I actually ran out of time before I was finished eating as we had to get to the Christmas Eve services at church.

Sorry to hear about the yeast issue, luckily I have only had one in my entire lifetime and yeah wouldn't want to go through that again. I had my band installed 12/18 and it is currently empty, I have lost 41 lbs and darn I wish I could eat something with texture. I can barely finish a Jello cup, and I tried eating creamy Soup and after about 3-4 bites I am stuffed. I tried going to work today and left after 5 hours with horrible chest pains, called the Dr, he thinks my stomach is still really swollen so I came home took some Maalox and liquid tylenol and slept for 5 hours. I am getting used to the constant weightloss I am not looking forward to when it slows down. Incision pain and almost completley gone though! Good luck to all and their journey.:biggrin:

Hi Hannah979,

I was banded on the 23rd as well! How are you doing so far? I am doing well, my incisions are still a little sore, and I am starting to get tired of the liquids. But other than that, I am so excited about this awesome journey!

Hi, I am new. I was banded on dec 21. I feel like I am doing well so far. I am hungry majority of the time! I am having trouble drinking my Protein, Isopure only per my dietician, it has a real bitter taste. Anyone have suggestions?

My protein is vanilla flavored. I mix it with greek yogurt. It taste like cool whip! It is very good. Give it a try. If your protein is unflavored try adding vanilla flavoring with the protein and yogurt. Let me know what you think.

Pam and Good luck.:biggrin:

My Protein is vanilla flavored. I mix it with greek yogurt. It taste like cool whip! It is very good. Give it a try. If your protein is unflavored try adding vanilla flavoring with the protein and yogurt. Let me know what you think.

Pam and Good luck.:biggrin:

Pam, which Protein Powder are you using?

Hi! This s my first post after surgery. My pain and nausia are pretty awful still. I'd love to post more lter I just waned to let everyone know I'm alright. :biggrin:

Hi fellow Delights!

It's great knowing that I have friends out there in the same boat! Looking forward to watching everyone progress on this journey.

I was banded on 12/14. I lost 10 lbs. on my pre-op liquid diet, then another 9 lbs. on my post-op liquids and mushies. Once I started eating solid food again, I gained a couple lbs., but my doc said that's normal since I had been eating practically nothing for 3 weeks! It's a little disheartening to get on the scale post surgery and see the numbers go UP, so I suggest to all of you to stay away from the scale until your first fill! My first fill is on 1/23, I just hope I don't gain ALL my weight back before then! My doc just said watch what I eat, keep a journal, and start light exercise. I'm feeling pretty hungry, I know they put the band in empty to allow healing, but I think it's pointless. I'm going to call my doc to see if she'd give my first fill a little early. But if not, I'll just keep watching my diet and praying! Good luck to all!

Yes, I believe many of us are in "Bandster Hell". I knew this period would be difficult and tried to prepare myself mentally for it. We are back to "dieting" before our first fills. As I posted in December Bandsters I saw my doc yesterday and had a 2 and half hour nutrition class. She said that Protein is key. I made these suggestions before but will repeat them for those who have not read before (have added some to it now). Some good mushie foods for the transition period are: scrammbled eggs with cheese (use one whole eggs and two egg whites...calories folks), Greek style yogart sprinkled with honey, a half of a banana, a baked yam (bake it a long time), Cream of Wheat (add unflavored protein powder), cottage cheese, string cheese. These are just a few suggestions to offer help. Remember to keep hydrated and COUNT your calories. Drink lots of Water. I flavor mine with Crystal Lite on the Go. And I walk every day for half an hour. Hope this helps!!!

Yes, I believe many of us are in "Bandster Hell". I knew this period would be difficult and tried to prepare myself mentally for it. We are back to "dieting" before our first fills. As I posted in December Bandsters I saw my doc yesterday and had a 2 and half hour nutrition class. She said that Protein is key. I made these suggestions before but will repeat them for those who have not read before (have added some to it now). Some good mushie foods for the transition period are: scrammbled eggs with cheese (use one whole eggs and two egg whites...calories folks), Greek style yogart sprinkled with honey, a half of a banana, a baked yam (bake it a long time), Cream of Wheat (add unflavored protein powder), cottage cheese, string cheese. These are just a few suggestions to offer help. Remember to keep hydrated and COUNT your calories. Drink lots of Water. I flavor mine with Crystal Lite on the Go. And I walk every day for half an hour. Hope this helps!!!

Thank you for the suggestions above. I get to start on mushy foods today, Going to do some yogurt an cream of wheat. I will make sure I get my protein in too. I found some low carb yogurt that I am going to try. Someone else said to mix with your protein never thought about that. I will give that a try.

I was banded on 12/15. Thanks:thumbup:

Ann

I'm joining you tomorow~ I'm joining you tomorrow!!!

Woot!

Hey everyone,

I'm with NewJoy - getting banded tomorrow!!! Crazy nervous but so glad to do it.

Everyone keep the support going for us late December banders.

Cream of Wheat (add unflavored Protein powder)

I tried this last night for dinner. OMG it was GROSS! I threw it away! lol I made more, but had to use Water, as I used the last of my milk on the one I tossed. I am just NOT liking the protein powder.

I'm making sure I eat string cheese with every meal to help get protein in. But it's not where it's supposed to be, I know that. But I refuse to make myself force that stuff down. Ugh.