Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I need to start on some sort of Protein Powder and have been doing research all morning, but there really aren't any good comparisons that I can find. I need something that is not absolutely vile, lol, but possibly even more important than taste to me is texture. I cannot swallow things that have a grainy or lumpy texture - I'll absolutely gag.

Ideally, I would like to find something very smooth, along the consistency of maybe slimfast or boost. Anyone have any suggestions?

I dont like the Unjury chicken. But they do mix well and are smooth. Not too sweet and I have to stop the kids from drinking my chocolate ones when I mix them up. You can add the chocolate 1/2 scoop and 1/2 scoop vanilla to coffee and mix well for a latte. They also sell sample sizes. You can order on line or maybe your nutritionist has some samples. My nutritionist gave me a sample of each. (I asked)

Why is this thread moved anyway??? I have to do a search to find it.

Well all the december bandsters I guess we have all been banded.. yeah to us.. Hope everyone is doing well. I get my first fill Jan 13, 10 and I am scared as heck.. More so then the surgery.. Keep up the awesome work everyone... Have a safe and fun New Years...

Why is this thread moved anyway??? I have to do a search to find it.

I think it is confusing because there are two different december threads.... December delights and december bandsters.

Well here's to a New Year, a New Decade, and a New Life.

Happy New Year December Delights!!!:biggrin:

Happy New Year!!! May we all enjoy our bodies this next year.

I think it is confusing because there are two different december threads.... December delights and december bandsters.

Yeah, I thought I was posting under "delights" when I was really posting under the general "December" thread.

Either way, I offer congrats to everyone and wish you all a Great New Year :biggrin:

Hey everyone,

Day two of my band. Came home yesterday and have done really well since. No gas pains and doing a lot of walking so I seem to doing okay. I hope this goes as smoothly all week.

Tomorrow my dr. says I can start mushies already. Will probably have some cottage cheese.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey Melinco

Glad you posted. I noticed a few days back you said they removed my pain port today? What is that all about? They sent you home with a pain port? That's the first I've ever heard of that and wanted to get some more info.

Thanks.

Never heard of a "pain port". Has anyone else??

I dont like the Unjury chicken. But they do mix well and are smooth. Not too sweet and I have to stop the kids from drinking my chocolate ones when I mix them up. You can add the chocolate 1/2 scoop and 1/2 scoop vanilla to coffee and mix well for a latte. They also sell sample sizes. You can order on line or maybe your nutritionist has some samples. My nutritionist gave me a sample of each. (I asked)

My Protein powder is very good. I received it from my Dr's Nutritionist (sp). It is Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement. It has 150 calories, 27 gr of protein. I mix with ice and milk in blender it makes a "slushy" kind of drink and I mix with yogurt and it taste like cool whip (smooth). Try these. Hope you like them. Happy New Year !!!:biggrin:

im 2 days out and doing great.

off the meds~ went for a walk

drinking fine

making plans to go to work on Monday--I get to start full liquids then!!

im 2 days out and doing great.

off the meds~ went for a walk

drinking fine

making plans to go to work on Monday--I get to start full liquids then!!

That's great to hear you're doing so good. Just make sure not to over do it.

I was feeling great until today (4 days out). I'm suddenly VERY hungry and weak. I've measured everything to make sure I'm getting enough, but am still so ready for the mushy faze.

How many calories is everyone else getting on the full liquids?

I got to eat mushi foods today which was 2 days after my surgery. I was banded Wed 12/30. Today I ate cottage cheese and some chicken salad that came in my Drs. Surgery Book.

I dont really feel like I have any restriction but I'm still only having about 20 oz of liquid and 1/2 a cup of food because I am afraid I may and then I will be miserable.

Are we suppose to be getting the 60 grams of Protein even on these first few days? If so I feel like I should probably put some benafiber in my Protein Drink. ha

Well hope everyone is doing well. I guess I have had two days of not great food. Due to not planning for a situation. I will be starting to do a lot more planning. Planning is key to my success and my bands. I need to always have like a backup kit for when I dont make it home to eat and such... Any who wishing everyone a great start to 2010... Congrats to all of us December bandsters...

Are we suppose to be getting the 60 grams of Protein even on these first few days? If so I feel like I should probably put some benafiber in my protein drink. ha

my doc did not start protein until 1 week post op. :)