Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I have my two week plus follow-up with the surgeon today. I'm gonna beg for a fill. lol

hardest part of the band for me is not drinking and eating - omg that's rough. lol

I'm gonna have to cheat once in a while cause I love spicy hot buffalo wings - and I'll have to chill the heat. lol

I took NSAIDs at first, not knowing they are bad for your new stomach. I got a burning sensation but only after 10 straight days of it (I have arthritis). Then I figured it out. I don't think one or two will hurt you. Best wishes!!!

Taking the excedrin didn't help at all. I think I am immune to meds now?!?! Just have to ride this through.

lady...how is your journey coming along?

My doctor actually prescribed Aleve to begin using once my Celebrex ran out. I used it for about a week to 10 days. Now I just use Tylenol.

I'll try Aleve on a "full" stomach. Hope I am not immune to those yet. Celebrex...sounds like heaven right now.

Hi all. I was banded Dec 7. I get my first fill Jan 15. I am so ready for more restriction.

Hi Yolly! Come back and let us know how your first fill went. I am excited for you!

yeah first fill in 5 days... Yeah... Scared though... Anyone else get a fill yet.. How did it go????

yeah first fill in 5 days... Yeah... Scared though... Anyone else get a fill yet.. How did it go????

I got a fill this past Monday. It didn't hurt but the doctor didn't get my port right away so he had to prick me a few times. I am horrible with needles and so I didn't like it at all! I got 2cc's in and I really don't feel any more restriction than I had. I was really worred the day of and the next day but I don't feel too restricted. I don't know when I can go in for another.

Good luck with your fill... Tomorrow im going to cheat and eat a very small piece of cake.. happy 25 to me!

-Moe

233- Starting

Surgery 12/11/09

Now 214...

I can't wait to wear really cute dresses!!!:tt1:

I got a fill this past Monday. It didn't hurt but the doctor didn't get my port right away so he had to prick me a few times. I am horrible with needles and so I didn't like it at all! I got 2cc's in and I really don't feel any more restriction than I had. I was really worred the day of and the next day but I don't feel too restricted. I don't know when I can go in for another.

Good luck with your fill... Tomorrow im going to cheat and eat a very small piece of cake.. happy 25 to me!

-Moe

233- Starting

Surgery 12/11/09

Now 214...

I can't wait to wear really cute dresses!!!:tt1:

Moe-- I am turning 25 on Sunday and am planning on eating a little cake too (I don't have any restriction yet)

Moe-- I am turning 25 on Sunday and am planning on eating a little cake too (I don't have any restriction yet)

Happy Birthday!!!!

I hope you have a great day!:tt1:

Hey I found the group again. I didn't know it had moved. I've been lost. lol

Hey Duece.

Welcome back - how's it going?

It looks like you lost a few lb's while you were lost.

Taking the excedrin didn't help at all. I think I am immune to meds now?!?! Just have to ride this through.

lady...how is your journey coming along?

I am just riding out this long journey until my first fill. I got really tired of being hungry. You know, before the band you have to starve yourself. I had been starving since August. So, I'm not overeating, just maintaining. Remember I had all the Fluid removed from my band the day after surgery. So, I also have nooooooooooooooo restriciton. I eat sensibly but have not lost any weight. I'm not fretting over this either. My band is in place and I will continue to lose weight but need some restriction. My first fill is Jan. 21st and my doc said that she will put back the fluid that was removed and then some. Thanks for asking about me. I've been reading all your posts just haven't posted myself. I'm not losing so I guess I didn't feel part of the gand anymore.

I dont when I get my first fill. I will have my postop Jan 21st. It will be 5 weeks out then. My appt was changed due to weather and snow etc. My doctor uses a floriscope or something so he shouldnt miss. It will probably not be until Feb. thow. I hope for some restriction, cause its just plain will power keeping me from over eating. I feel like I could eat a whopper and fries and shake all at one time! : ):blink:

Please help, I had my post-op on Tues and I only lost 7lbs!!!!! Why??? I have been walking at least 30-45mins/day, I have been eating 3small meals plus 3snacks a day, and not going over my fats/day and trying to get all Protein in a day, as well as watching the sugar in what I eat. I don't understand whats going on, I don't get my fill til Feb 1st, and worried that I'm either gonna stay at this 7lbs lost or gain it back, I'm getting real discouraged. I did this surgery because it was suppose to help lose faster then on my own, and now I'm regretting it.

Please help, I had my post-op on Tues and I only lost 7lbs!!!!! Why??? I have been walking at least 30-45mins/day, I have been eating 3small meals plus 3snacks a day, and not going over my fats/day and trying to get all Protein in a day, as well as watching the sugar in what I eat. I don't understand whats going on, I don't get my fill til Feb 1st, and worried that I'm either gonna stay at this 7lbs lost or gain it back, I'm getting real discouraged. I did this surgery because it was suppose to help lose faster then on my own, and now I'm regretting it.

Natalie, I noticed that when I wrote down how many calories I was eating I ended up losing more. BUT... I really wouldn't get upset about losing right now. You haven't had a fill and 7 pounds is acutally great! I'm nervous that I'll be gaining this month until my fill , but I know it will all come off once I get it. Hang in there you're doing great.

Drinking all the recommended Water is also important because it is supposed to help flush out the fat that we are losing. I had my surgery on 12/23 and I have only lost 4 pounds when I checked last Thursday. You are doing better than me. I am just trying to maintain the loss from before surgery until I get to the famous "sweet spot" everyone talks about. I was told before surgery to expect to not lose right away. That I would have to be prepared for people asking, "Hey, I thought you were going to get the lap-band..." because I don't look like I've lost weight. Not a great sales tactic, but I appreciate the honesty. Just remember, it took years to put the weight on, so we need to be patient with ourselves. Hang in there and try to think about and appreciate the small successes. We can all do this! Right?!:blush:

Hey, How long have you been banded? :blush: My doctor said the band is not FAST the average is 1-2 pounds a week, but that it is consistant. Are you eating your protein first? If you eat all your protein, you dont have room for the fatter foods like carbs. If you got a Realize band do you go on that web site and enter your foods in your food diary?:blink: