Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

my doc did not start Protein until 1 week post op. :)

I had to start protien immediately after surgery. In fact, the meal(broth, Jello & juice) before I left the hospital was all mixed with protein in it.

I'm supposed to get 50grams of protein a day and at least 64 fl. Oz of liquids including broths, Soups, puddings etc.

That's great to hear you're doing so good. Just make sure not to over do it.

I was feeling great until today (4 days out). I'm suddenly VERY hungry and weak. I've measured everything to make sure I'm getting enough, but am still so ready for the mushy faze.

How many calories is everyone else getting on the full liquids?

Hello everyone.

I keep up with my food on the official Lap-Band site on the part called My lap-band journey and I had 546 calories/47.7 Protein on the 31st and 777/62 on the 1st. I have not totally been on "clear liquids" as I have a Protein Shake with a teaspoon of Peanut Butter added. I also had a pureed Campbell's healthy choice vegetable Soup - 1 cup. I have not lost any weight either but feel mostly satisfied.

Does anyone else use the Lap-Band site? They have recipes, success stories and different journals you can use along with some other helpful information.

TTFN.........

Hello everyone! My name is Amber and I am 23 years old from Syracuse, NY. I was banded on 12/8. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and I look forward to getting to know you :smile2:

Edited by Amber6986

Hello everyone.

I keep up with my food on the official Lap-Band® site on the part called My lap-band® journey and I had 546 calories/47.7 Protein on the 31st and 777/62 on the 1st. I have not totally been on "clear liquids" as I have a Protein Shake with a teaspoon of Peanut Butter added. I also had a pureed Campbell's healthy choice vegetable Soup - 1 cup. I have not lost any weight either but feel mostly satisfied.

Does anyone else use the Lap-Band® site? They have recipes, success stories and different journals you can use along with some other helpful information.

TTFN.........

I haven't done that...maybe I'll check it out.

Hello everyone! My name is Amber and I am 23 years old from Syracuse, NY. I was banded on 12/8. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and I look forward to getting to know you :lol:

HI! Welcome!:smile2:

I'm hungry, I just want to chew something . . . grrrrrr:cursing: Tuesday soft diet and Doc appt, back to work on Monday:crying:

I'm hangin in there though.:lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEC, 09' BANDSTERS & WELCOME NEWBIES!:smile2:

Edited by luvj0nz

Hello everyone! My name is Amber and I am 23 years old from Syracuse, NY. I was banded on 12/8. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and I look forward to getting to know you :lol:

Hi Amber ~ Welcome to the group!!:smile2:

Hi everyone, I was banded in September and one lb. shy of my 25. Have you thought of starting a blog to record your success/challenges? There is a whole blog world of fellow banders and I have found it tremendously helpful. We share tips/recipes/victories and prop each other up when its needed. Whenever I get impatient or discouraged, I read back on my blog to where I started and how far I have come and its very inspirational!

Congrats, you have made a wonderful life changing decision!

Edited by nawlinzlady

Sunday Weigh in day. :unsure:

I finally made my way over to this December thread.

I just had my wisdom teeth taken out last Wednesday and the band is nothing compared to this. I have lost 10 pounds since Wednesday because of it.

How is everyone doing with their band?

Hi guys and gals! Got my band on Dec. 30th. I have moved to the 'full liquids' portion of the diet. I am doing very well and the only problem I've experienced so far is some bloated feelings in the evenings but the Gas-X strips seem to be helping with that. Cheated by getting on the scale the other night just to see and was disappointed to see not much change since surgery day, but I know it will come. I am doing everything by the book so I know this will work!

Hello everyone! I was banded 12/23. Lost 11 lbs prior to surgery doing low carb and SMALL portions (12/15-12/22) and 12 lbs since. Just melting away...hee hee. Seems like everyday I wake up and 1/2 lb is gone. Incredible!

weight.png

Edited by DarLEAN
forgot something

I've just found an added bonus to being a *December Delight* - for the first time in 30 years Hubby has given me a hand in taking down the Christmas decorations!!!!! Hummm, maybe I should start planning some nip and tucks for next year!

Hello All! I was banded Dec. 22... started out at 336 Oct. 5 (my consultation date), and I was 328 by Monday, Dec. 21 and 323 by Tuesday, Dec. 22 (Yummy bowel prep!)... now I am 313!! (As of Jan.01, 2010!)

I'm excited to be banded, but the pain in my right shoulder from gas is HORRIBLE still... just wish it would go away. I am more focused on pain killers than what I need to be eating and drinking... it's crazy!

Keep me in your prayers!

:unsure:

Hi and I hope all my fellow December Bandsters are doing well. I am hoping that some of you can give me some advice or let me know your experiences. I have been feeling nauseous since I woke up this morning (nope I'm not pregnant...lol) and it is getting worse as the evening goes on. I have been suffering with gas and diarrhea since before my surgery, but I'm drinking a lot, so I don't think I'm dehydrated. Is this something that is considered normal or should I be worried? I have my first post op appointment on the 6th. I posted this in both the December Bandsters and here to make sure I got it in the right place. Are we just using this one now?