Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

:smile2: I had surgery Monday and was content until Friday morning. Then I started getting really hungry. My doctor only allows clear liquid, no yogurt, no Protein until day 7. Well today I went ahead and started creamed Soups, yogurt and SF pudding. I feel so much better. I have some energy now. I do get hungry thow every 2 hours and still have some gas pains but only a few now.

I, too, am doing the creamed Soups and yogart (not in excess though). I think it's okay and won't hurt you. So many docs have different rules and I know of a lot of people who did as we are and they are just fine!! Don't worry about it. I decided that with this band I would eat until I'm satisfied and no more "diets". I'm just going with the flow here and doing fine.

Hello Everyone~ I have been reading all your posts from time to time and believe me it's been VERY helpful. I signed up a while ago but never posted atleast I don't thinks so. I guess I'll see once I hit submit lol. I just got banded this past Wednesday on the 16th and have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was a bit painful having to get up and down. The part that I am having trouble with right now is is the chest pain I guess that would be the the trapped gas? Well it is seriously irritating and I am hoping that someone can tell if and when this will pass? Is there something that I am doing wrong? I have only been drinking the Isopure, Water and maybe some broth. My doctor wants me to stay on the liquids until my next appointment which is on the 29th.

The incentive spirometer? I have one and have been using it. I have NEVER been able to get it to the little yellow arrow that the nurse set.

My surgeon has a support group and I went this morning. I told my nurse about my problems with my breathing. She said that was not normal and made me call my physician (at home). He, of course, insisted that I go to the emergency room to rule out a blood clot to the lungs.

Basically I spent all afternoon in the ER to find out that I do not have pneumonia or a blood clot :wink2: Also, he could tell from the CAT scan that my band was in place and doing well. I am still left wondering why I am all of a sudden so winded. :smile2:

Stl, did they give you one of those breathing things? You actually suck air in (I originally said blow) and it's supposed to help your lung capacity. I'm supposed to do it every 4 hours about 5 times each time.

good morning everyone. I was just wondering what Vitamins everyone is taking, and also what Calcium supplements.< /p>

I get banded on Tuesday and haven't got my vitamins yet.

Also do you have the Magic Bullet, Ninja, or the blender from jc penny.

I read a review and then I say well maybe the Magic Bullet isn't worth the 50 bucks.

please share!

I haven't started taking my Vitamins yet. I think I'm going to wait for my follow up visit on Tuesday to see if it's okay to start taking them.

By the way, Bandsters, for those of you who got the blood thinner shot, did you know that you're not supposed to drink or eat anything containing cranberries or cranberry juice? It has a negative reaction to the blood thinner.

Cranberry juice was one of the juices I bought but haven't drank any yet. It's a good thing I was going over the list of meds they gave me and what their precautions were.

Hello new friends!

I was just banded on the17th (I'm on day 3 post op). Today is the first day I have even been able to stay awake for more than 2 hours at at a time! Those painkillers really knock me out. I'm scheduled to go back to work on Monday, and I am wondering if this is such a good idea? I'm not in pain just sitting still, but moving, twisting, etc. causes sharp pain. I'm mostly sitting at my desk all day at work..

How many days did you all take off for work?

Hello new friends!

I was just banded on the17th (I'm on day 3 post op). Today is the first day I have even been able to stay awake for more than 2 hours at at a time! Those painkillers really knock me out. I'm scheduled to go back to work on Monday, and I am wondering if this is such a good idea? I'm not in pain just sitting still, but moving, twisting, etc. causes sharp pain. I'm mostly sitting at my desk all day at work..

How many days did you all take off for work?

I'm not going back until the Monday after Christmas. I didn't want to be dealing with all the stuff that goes along with this type of surgery in front of my co-workers.

Hi,

I just had my lapband surgery on Thursday, 12/17 and as of today I am already on thin purees per my doctor's advice and should be aiming for my 60 grams of Protein a day. I wonder why each practice has such varying timelines when it comes to post-op guidelines. I've read that some folks are on liquids for up to 2 weeks post-op. Nonetheless, the thin puree thing really isn't working for me. I feel like I still have too much gas in my stomach to feel comfortable. It's hard for me to judge whether it's the gas that has me uncomfortable in my chest or perhaps it's too much liquid. Been trying to get my fluids in as scheduled, 1 oz every 15 minutes. I realize you really need to listen to your band but I feel like I am getting mixed signals. Any advice?

Edited by Diamondgirl81
changed my surgery date to Thursday, 12/17. It was this past week.

I'm no expert here, but I did have my surgery on the same day as you!!

I found that the chest discomfort was the residuals of anesthesia in my lungs; I've been breathing deeply lots and using the breathing tool they gave me. I felt short of breath and almost like I was wheezing, especially after sleeping.< /p>

Hope you feel better soon!

Just wanted to see if I got my ticker working! Hope so!

YAY!!:thumbup:

Went for two week post op visit this past wednesday...lost 26.4 pounds!!! Feeling really good! Still get hungery but I know when I get first fill after holidays that will help! Hope everyone who got banded or getting banded has happy holidays!

Hi everyone! I feel like I have been waiting forever to join you in being banded! This thursday (xmas eve) is my day. This thread really has me pumped to just do it already!!

Went for two week post op visit this past wednesday...lost 26.4 pounds!!! Feeling really good! Still get hungery but I know when I get first fill after holidays that will help! Hope everyone who got banded or getting banded has happy holidays!

Congrats to you!!:thumbup: