Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Ladies I agree Smaller swim suit is going to be wonderful and the abilty to wear shorts is what I'm looking forward. I spent my whole summer is Capri's!!! Only swimming at my girlfriends house and sitting under the umbrella at the beach waiting for no one around to get in the Water. :tongue2: NOT ANYMORE though!! We will be new and Improved.:)

Mommy is the meat to dry? sometimes if it's to dry it's going to get stuck. My Dietician said if you find yourself PBing try lunchmeat it's then tends to be moist that will get your Protein in. If that doesn't work you may have to go to softer foods eggs, Yougart etc. Be honest with your Dr. and let them know what's going on or speak with the dietician. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.:tongue2:

What I find interesting is that I have no problem eating steak but chicken is a bear and so is Turkey at times.

Ladies I agree Smaller swim suit is going to be wonderful and the abilty to wear shorts is what I'm looking forward. I spent my whole summer is Capri's!!! Only swimming at my girlfriends house and sitting under the umbrella at the beach waiting for no one around to get in the Water. :tongue2: NOT ANYMORE though!! We will be new and Improved.:blushing:

I always worse capris in the summer time too and I hated it :).It's litterally been years since i've worn shorts. I agree with you,we will be new and improved :sleep2: !!

I am 4 weeks banded yesterday. I am cleared to be on solids now. I can eat most meats and just have to eat slow and chew well. today i tried

pork and threw up everything. Please give me advice. I am not eating big quantities. I just seem to PB often.

My doctor told me to avoid both beef and pork for at least two months--mostly because they are tougher/stringier/harder to digest/easier to get stuck on and make the stomach have to work harder than is desired in the healing stage. You might want to try avoiding those for another month or so and then trying again. Also, I do recommend trying some gravy or something with it when you try again to make it as moist as possible.

Good luck!

(And I agree--it took me awhile to realize this thread was over here--I kept checking in the November 2008 part of the forum!)

Just joined this site! So excited to find it! I was banded 12 days ago on November 24! Everything has gone very smoothly and I have already lost 17lbs!

The liquid diets absolutely sucks but I only have 2 more days before I move to the blended/pureed diet! I am so excited to actually eat something with some consistancy.

Does anyone else not seem to have any restriction yet from their band? Is this something that no one has until they have a fill?

Good luck to all of you!

I agree, the liquids suck!:)

I was banded last Friday, so i'm 1 week post-op today.

I think we aren't feeling much restriction yet because the liquids just go right through our bands. I'm pretty sure when we start eating again :tongue2: we will feel some restriction.

Good luck! wishing you success:thumbup:

Hi to All,

It has been one week since my two week post-op appt. with the Dr. I was down six pounds since surgery on 11-12, and I think I am down about three more pounds this week. It's a really great feeling.

I was on pre-mix liquid drinks for two weeks post op and I never felt any restriction and I have no problems with any foods at the current time. I am really watching my portion size and luckily, after the liquid diet, my appetite seems to have shrunk along with my pant size. The Dr. said I could start adding soft foods and then move onto more solid choices as I felt comfortable with them. He has me scheduled for Jan. 12th for my first fill, and I want to be down at least 5 more pounds by that date.

Congratulations to all of you with your great numbers on weight loss. Even though some times the scale doesn't move very quickly, I remind myself that the reason I chose the band was that I felt it would be an easier adjustment to my physical and mental health to have a slightly slower steady weight loss.

Fellow Notorious Novembers - Hi!

Banded on Nov 17th, had my first post-op checkup and doing well. Weight loss to date is 24 lbs, including 10 pre-op. Things are moving a little slower now that I'm on mushies, and since I'm healing, I don't feel as much restriction.

Gotta step up the exercise to keep my weight loss moving at a faster pace (I am trying to lose 10 lbs per month on a regular basis until I reach my goal) and being careful what I eat.

So far, mushies have been easy - hot Cereal for Breakfast, Soup or chili for lunch, and a similar dinner. chicken has gone down easy, haven't tried pork yet, and well-cooked beef is okay as long as I eat very small bites. Tried deviled ham (made ham salad) and that was okay, but sometimes the crackers I like to eat it with cause me trouble...

Biggest thing I miss is bread - it doesn't go down very easily, unless it's crackers in my soup or something like that, because they get very soft.

Found out I :lol: chicken soup! Experimenting with different Soups - mostly clear and occasionally with veggies because they are so soft. I miss my Protein Shakes to a certain extent, because with them I KNEW I was getting my Protein in...now I have to plan it more carefully.

My latest NSV - wearing a "standard" XL top and skirt from Spiegel - something I NEVER would have tried before my band surgery...:thumbup:

Tomorrow, I will offically be banded one month!!!!

I am so happy. I am happy with my weight (for now), and I am feeling good. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had the time to work out as I desire to this week, but I know my time is coming. I am just trying to remain focused on the goal.

I realized that the only thing that I really miss doing is drinking. I don't want to get drunk, but a glass of wine would be nice. How long did most people wait before drinking?

My food intake has also been going well. I drink my Protein Shakes every morning. I am not playing with the Protein and the possibility of loosing hair. My nurse said I will often be full in the morning, so a shake would be the best thing for me. He was right. I am not hungry at all. The shake holds me over for a long time.

Hi I got banded on Nov 28th 2008

I was in hospital 6 1/2 hours after surgery and then came home. I was on fluids for about 5 days then full fluids. I saw Dr. Amson yesterday 6 pays after my surgery and he wants me to eat more normal foods. I had cream of wheat Protein Drink Soup and meat loaf with Tomato sauce on it and cauliflour. Feels good small portions chewing well.

Kirsty total lost 17 lbs. 5 before surgery 12 after

I was banded 2 days ago. I am still bloated and taking Tylenol 3's for pain occasionally. I have no idea how long to keep on the steri strips. I am hungry and am managing.

hello! i am no pro here, but i just took my steri strips off today and i was banded 9 days ago. my doctor and nurse told me one week... i took the outer bandages off yesterday and took the steri strips off in the shower today...they were sticky but the Water helped them come off easier. hope this helps! :thumbup:

I was banded Nov. 14 so three weeks out. I am on mushies until Dec. 23 then a more regular diet.

My first fill is Dec. 11- so excited. I am amazed at how full I get with such a small amount. I sometimes wish I could eat more. I tried this past week to push it with refiried Beans and paid for it that night- owie and back to liquids the next day.

I have lost 23lbs including pre-op liquid diet.< /p>

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on Nov 14 and I am 22 days post op today. I was on liquids for 21 days after surgery. I started my pre op 17 days before surgery and I have lost a total of 30 pounds as of yesterday! Very excited about that. I am been very suprised at the restriction I have had since surgery. Since day one I have always felt full, even on liquids for 21 days, I had problems getting my liquids in. Yesterday was the first day of food and ate only several bits and was full. I have no fill and Im sure after I start "eating" this might change, but for now I love every min of it! Congrats to all of the Notorious Novembers, we made it! We are only going to do great in the months to come!

Hi I have to waite till Jan 27th to get a fill that is 8 weeks from surgery so I wish I was one of you gals getting fills at 4 weeks or even 6 weeks. But I will just stick to the program.

Kirsty

Hi I have to waite till Jan 27th to get a fill that is 8 weeks from surgery so I wish I was one of you gals getting fills at 4 weeks or even 6 weeks. But I will just stick to the program.

Kirsty

Kirsty that stinks if you have no restriction now. I have no liquid in my band and I have some restriction at a 2-3 oz. I haven't had any problems with certain foods. I can say I chew till my jam gets sore....lol...the one thing I crave is meat and I stepped out of the guidelines and had a few bites of a medium rare burger...:thumbup: that was all I neede fro the craving to disapper. I have read on some of the threads that if you can't wait and are on the boarder of cheating some Dr's may get you in sooner. Keep us posted on your progress.