Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK...gotta share what happened to me today. Was trying on jeans at our local store. Had about six pair in the dressing room with me. Tried on the first pair and they were too big. Got excited. Was getting into the next pair...had my left leg in and tripped on the waist band getting my second leg into the jeans.

Well, hit the door, door swung open and hit my shopping cart (quite the clang). Before I knew it, I was sitting in an open aisle in my bra and panties right in front of the deacon from the local church. What the hell was he doing lurking in the misses section by the dressing room anyway?

Be warned: Take your time trying on those new jeans....even if it is a NSV moment!!!!!!!!!

Hello June Bugs!

I have exciting news! I have a new granddaughter! Her name is Lylah and she was born today at 12:27, 8 lbs 10 oz and 22 inches long! She is the first child for my son and daughter-in-law! ens

All else has taken a back seat to this event! I have lost weight great for the past 2 weeks, since my 3rd fill.

I am very happy with my loss and my new little baby girl.

I will try to post more now! But for tonight! I am pooped and gotta get some sleep!

Ouch! I don't want to laugh at your misfortune, but that sounds hilarious. Sounds like something that would happen to me. Then, I'd go home and tell my husband and he'd be rolling on the floor laughing. Hope it didn't leave bruises.

Ouch! I don't want to laugh at your misfortune, but that sounds hilarious. Sounds like something that would happen to me. Then, I'd go home and tell my husband and he'd be rolling on the floor laughing. Hope it didn't leave bruises.

I forgot to throw in that I am one of the cluztiest persons ever born. I did get the giggles once I got back into the dressing room.:thumbup:

Cathy...congrats on the birth of Lylah. You must be on cloud nine. No grandchildren for us yet. Cannot wait. (My boys seem to have no problem waiting!)

Also, happy to hear that your last fill helped and that you are losing again. That's what it's all about. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy: Isn't being a grandmother just the best! Congrats on baby Lylah. My niece just had a baby and named her Lila also and she has a sister named Ella. I love that all the old names are starting to come back.

Also glad to hear you're losing weight again. Take care,

Susan

Oh Apples, I am so sorry to be laughing at your misfortune, but I had just taken a sip of Water and about sprayed my computer screen I was laughing so hard. Probably because I could relate and see myself doing the same thing. I am glad you weren't hurt though, more than your pride anyway.

Cathy, congrats on being Grandma!! Like Apples, my kids are in no hurry either. I am !! I tell my daughter I had a 4 yr old at her age. LOL She has a pretty serious boyfriend now though so maybe there'll be wedding bells in the future (I prefer weddning bells before baby booties!!) :biggrin:

I too am doing well since my last fill in that I am not hungry much, I fill up fast. however, my losses have slowed down. Where's the logic in that? However, I did lose fast at the beginning and know that this is probably more the right pace. I think with my g/b surgery in there I just had a speed up of my loss there.

Apples, I am giggling too. Those rooms are so small anyway...I can see how you could lose your balance and fall. Hope you didnt get hurt.

Cathy, Congrats on being a Grandma!!! Is she your first? I also have one grand daughter and she just turned 9 this month. Love to spoil her.

As for how I am doing, I posted earlier that I am having a rough time. Lost my job but took a transfer to another site and a job with a lot less pay. My house is on the market but it doesnt look likely it will sell with this market the way it is. I will be moving in the next few weeks and getting started all over again, this time with my guy...we are moving in together in a trailer thats on his property. Sigh...thought my trailer days were over but I guess not. The stress has taken a toll, stomach ache a lot of the time so I don't feel like eating but I still am not losing weight. (not gainng either, tho). The only good thing I can salvage from this is that I will be close enough to my doc when I move that I can attend the monthly support group there and get my fills easier. Have another one scheduled in 2 weeks so maybe that will be my last one. I do feel restriction and chest pain when I eat too fast but not near what some of you are doing with tiny bites, waiting, chewing forever, etc. I sure hope when things settle down I will be able to put more focus and attention on my wt loss. Also got an email from my doc's nurse coordinator telling everyone about lapbandtalk.com. I told her about it earlier and evidently others have too because now shes recommending this site to all new patients. So we should be seeing more members from the Columbia MO area. How cool is that!:biggrin:

Hang in there all, Your success stories are whats keeping me going.

Apples - I was expecting your basic NSV story but WOW you surprised me, glad I was not drinking Water when I read that:biggrin:

Cathy - Congrats! My daughter and 1 YO GD live with me and it is wonderful though I also could have handled wedding bells before booties:blush:

Long - You are still losing, just keep it up you are doing great!:biggrin:

Strike - We are thinking about you and have high hopes for your move and your next fill:thumbup:

I have more restriction since my 2nd fill and have started losing again so I feel as though I am one of the lucky ones that finds that restriction early. I am sure I will want another fill in a month or so but I am happy for now.

We are without power here and it is hot but no damage from Hurricane Ike. I am on the NW side of Houston so flooding was not a big concern here - just high wind. We have a small portable 400w generator that we use when camping that is allowing me to get on the net briefly and keep my cell phone charged.

Well, I broke the 60lbs loss marker. Which brings me that much closer to putting me under 200lbs before Thanksgiving. I am also over half way to my final goal, weeeeee! Glad to see other people's successes as well. Its a real inspiration.

hiya!!

Been missing a while but I'm back!!

Had my 3rd fill yesterday...another 1.5cc added to make it 6.5cc now.

I'm just hoping it'll do the trick...been struggling so much in the last month. I end up not losing anything for days on end ever when I'm being so good...then I give up for a while and eat crisps and chocolate!

I know I shouldn't but I was getting disheartened.

Yesterday and today I've just been on liquids...tomorrow soft food....please please please let me have some restriction

Amanda

x

Congrats to everyone for their weight loss.

Congrats to Cathy on her grandbaby!! I haven't been on in a while.. I have changed jobs.. I took a huge pay cut to be closer to home..1.1 mile commute and am now the health assistant or nurse for a local elementary school in our community. It's awesome.. I will be home with my kids for the summer and holidays and that's what it's all about, being with my family.

I have averaged about 1 pound a week the last month, had some set backs with dealing with the loss of my dad and his funeral and all. I go in on Sept. 25th and hopefully they will schedule me for my 2nd fill. I also has a set back with my exercise, I wacked the back of my ankle on our coffee table and I have been trying to let it heal before I put this old body to work again.. Our pools have closed for the summer and so it's pounding the pavement for these bad knees..

I am really glad that I haven't gained through my ordeal and the fact that I have still lost anything at all I am beside myself!! I think my 2nd fill will be wonderful as my 1st fill gave me pretty good restriction so I am looking forward to this next one..

Hey all! Back at home today. Two more weekends and close up the lake place. "Sob"! We will be starting our harvest anyway and I love this time of the year on the farm. Busy but pleasant. Love the smell of the corn drying in the dryer.

Hope everyone is doing good. Stopped at Walmart today and picked up some more OIKOS Greek yogurt. I have a tough time eating in the morning and these satisfy me and have 15g of Protein. I buy the plain flavor and put a few squirts of calorie free flavoring in them. Other yogurts usually have only 5g. Not sure if I posted about these b/4 but just a little tip.

NSV...Also bought my first pair of size 8 Levis today. I need talls and was surprised that Walmart carried them. Figured it was time to buy new since I was at the point where I didn't have to unzip my size 10s...just pulled them down when I had to use the restroom. Hope this is not taken as bragging. Just an awfully good feeling and made my day.

Looking forward to when I have access to the forum everyday again. Hope our June group stays close and continues to have daily contact into the future. Would be fun in a year or so to find a centralized place to meet for a girls weekend. I have the Mall of America near if anyone would want to meet there...there are lots of options and something fun to think about. I love to travel so ANYWHERE would be fine with me.

Apples, congrats on the 8's. didn't sound like bragging to me and even if it was, go for it!! I will be if an 8 ever fits me. Today I had a great moment. I love Ann Taylor but have never been able to shop there as it was too small. Well, not today!!!! I am the proud owner of 3 new tops. Still to big of a butt for their pants, but soon!!!!

Mall of America would be great, we could all shop for our new wardrobes!