Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!!1

Sorry its been awhile since i posted i seem to be stalling at the weight loss thing but ohhh it is because of the food choices. I definitely think i eat wayyyyy to many carbs. Im 2 mths out from surgery and no fills my first one will be Sept. 22 almost (3mths yikes.) I soooo can eat way to much food, i try to keep everything in check and not over eat but somedays it is just hard. But no worries I will keep on keeping on. I will succeed at this and when i go for my fill im gonna get help hopefully. congrats to all you junies, you all freakin rock and are doing a most excellent job at the weight loss.

hi armywife4life and all! i took have been stalled until yesterday. 3 weeks. long time. i think i was eating too many high calorie choices only in smallish amounts. i have bumped up my exercise in the past week or so and have been having less high calorie Soup (which goes down easily - too easily - like chowder) and that seems to have helped. next fill not till 9/15. hang in there! this is a very slow process sometimes! i ordered 1 pair of size 18 capris - hopeful that they'll fit very soon if not already! 20's are baggy!

Hi all....Last week I posted about not knowing if I needed/wanted a fill. I have a large band due to the position of my hernia that was repaired at the time of surgery. I misunderstood with my first fill. Thought doc gave me a total of 5cc's. Not. He filled 2.5cc's at the time of surgery and had a total amount in my band of 5cc's after first fill. Today I got 1cc.

Going to see what this fill does for me. So weird. About 5 days out of the week (b/4 this fill) I am perfectly fine. But, those other couple of days I am hungry from noon until bed time. Just going to see what this month brings. My next appt. is Sept. 23. My doc is willing to give .5 any time with monthly visits. I am hoping this fill will help with those days that I have been hungry. I just want to be so careful not to get acid reflux. I lived with it (horribly) for more than 15 years and have not had it since surgery.

Everything else is going good. I am about 15 pounds from goal and am losing this last amount slowly. (That's OK with me). I have the hanging tummy thing going on but will wait one year. That is the recommended time by my surgeon. He says I might be surprised and tummy will go down some. I hope so.

Will check in again next week. Leaving for the lake in the morning till Monday. Me and the dog. We bond, we walk, we talk. Life is good.

Wow, Armywife, that's a long time to wait for a first fill. I am sure once you get it you will be less hungry. Though it might take a couple fills.

Greyhound, congrats on the new smaller Capris!!!

Apples, I was where you were if you remember wondering if I needed a fill or not. I got one last week, 1cc and felt pretty good at it at meal times, however, was hungry in about 2 hours so today I had to go in and have a rash checked on my gall bladder incisions and they gave .5cc more. I have a total of 9cc now in a 14cc band and I think I am there! I get solids tomorrow but Beans tonight filled me up. I hope I am not too tight when I get the solids if so, I will have a tad taken back out. Congrats on being so close to goal already! That's awesome!!

Long...yep, remember our discussion from last week. Posted cuz promised I would after I saw doc today. I hope you are at your "sweet spot". I think it's going to take me a few more fills. My doc is very non-agressive when it comes to fills. .5cc each time after the first fill. I still have not gotten my question answered about what size my band is. It's almost like they don't want me to know. They told me today that they did not have that info available. I am going to email doc's nurse and insist on finding out.

Your doc must require mushies after a fill. Mine says solids right away. Same way with after surgery. Was on solids two weeks after surgery.

Long...yep, remember our discussion from last week. Posted cuz promised I would after I saw doc today. I hope you are at your "sweet spot". I think it's going to take me a few more fills. My doc is very non-agressive when it comes to fills. .5cc each time after the first fill. I still have not gotten my question answered about what size my band is. It's almost like they don't want me to know. They told me today that they did not have that info available. I am going to email doc's nurse and insist on finding out.

Your doc must require mushies after a fill. Mine says solids right away. Same way with after surgery. Was on solids two weeks after surgery.

I only have to be on liquids after a fill for 4 hours, then mushies. Tomorrow I can have solids. I had r/f Beans for dinner. And my dr. does seem pretty aggressive on fills. I got 4cc during surgery, then 3 for my first one, then .5 because I was pretty close to perfect then, but that didn't last long, so then got 1 last week and another .5 today. But I think this is the one!! Do you know if you have a small or large band? If it's the LapBand and not Realize, I believe a small is 10cc and a large is 14cc. I know I have the large AP Lapband therefore, 14cc. I didn't know either until the nurse told me. I just knew I had a bigger band. LOL I guess all the numbers don't matter so much because what is a good fill for me might not be for someone else. But I just like knowing all that stuff. She did tell me today the reason I have needed quite a few fills is due to my losing weight so well. There's a fat pad under the band over the stomach and as that melts away the band gets loose so that is why I was good before then not again.

I only have to be on liquids after a fill for 4 hours, then mushies. Tomorrow I can have solids. I had r/f Beans for dinner. And my dr. does seem pretty aggressive on fills. I got 4cc during surgery, then 3 for my first one, then .5 because I was pretty close to perfect then, but that didn't last long, so then got 1 last week and another .5 today. But I think this is the one!! Do you know if you have a small or large band? If it's the LapBand and not Realize, I believe a small is 10cc and a large is 14cc. I know I have the large AP Lapband therefore, 14cc. I didn't know either until the nurse told me. I just knew I had a bigger band. LOL I guess all the numbers don't matter so much because what is a good fill for me might not be for someone else. But I just like knowing all that stuff. She did tell me today the reason I have needed quite a few fills is due to my losing weight so well. There's a fat pad under the band over the stomach and as that melts away the band gets loose so that is why I was good before then not again.

All I know is that I have a "large" band because of the hernia repair and where it sits. I know it does not really matter what size as long as restriction is at a good spot. Just curious.

I ate chicken and beets for dinner tonight and an hour later I am hungry. I know I will be swollen tomorrow because of the fill but I am thinking the 1cc I got is not enough. Time will tell.

All I know is that I have a "large" band because of the hernia repair and where it sits. I know it does not really matter what size as long as restriction is at a good spot. Just curious.

I ate chicken and beets for dinner tonight and an hour later I am hungry. I know I will be swollen tomorrow because of the fill but I am thinking the 1cc I got is not enough. Time will tell.

I had a hernia repair as well so maybe that's why I got the large too as he said something to that effect, can't remember I was still in a drug induced state. LOL I like to know all those numbers too. I figure it's my band, it's my right to know all I can.

Hi Bugs!

I am on vacation for a week and I am about to work myself to death! I have painted my living room and prepared a new flower bed already...

I am also refinishing a couple of tables for my living room.

All this work!

The good part is that I am loosing weight so fast now! I am down 5 lbs since Friday, I had a fill on Friday and am now at 5.5cc. This fill is the "BOMB" it is working! I eat a little meat and I am good to go for hours! No hunger! I followed all the rules before, but I never felt restriction. I think I am close to my "sweet spot" Finally! The best part is I am tons of energy!:w00t:

Long and Apples! Glad you are both doing so good! I think I will reach my goal of being in onederland by September! I am only 1.5 lbs away and i have another room to paint! LOL:wink2:

All you wonderful Jazzie Junes Good luck and have a Safe and happy Labor Day!:cool2:

I had a hernia repair as well so maybe that's why I got the large too as he said something to that effect, can't remember I was still in a drug induced state. LOL I like to know all those numbers too. I figure it's my band, it's my right to know all I can.

I live with a "need to know" attitude. I just want to be sure I have the right amount of restriction when we travel Jan - March. Being away from my doc would make me nervous, especially if I am too tight. I will be proactive and make sure things are the way they should be long b/4 our trip.

Hope you heal up the rash on your stitch area. No fun, I'm sure. I broke out in a horrible rash from head to toe about a month ago. Small Water blisters that popped if touched. They were extremely itchy. They only thing we could figure out was that it was from crab meat I ate. Cleared in about a week. Does not make me want to try crab again. :w00t:

Cathy,

Way to go on almost being in onederland. That is a goal I can't wait to acheive. It will be awhile yet (see ticker) but I am closer than I was!! I don't have your energy yet, but look forward to it! I have more than I did.

What color did you paint?

Hey Cathy...happy to hear that you have some restriction. Wouldn't it be nice if you actually are where you should be without any more fills? Sounds like you are stirring up a lot of work at your place. I know that in the last few months, I have had more energy than I know what to do with. It is so nice just to move. I have absolutely everything done around here that I have wanted to do for years.

Also, yoohoo on the weight loss. You will be in onderland b/4 you know it. Fun!

Long- I hear ya waiting 3 mths for first fill seriously sucks. But they don't want to do one as long as weight loss is still continuing. but i have stalled for like 2 weeks now so i just dont' know. Because its a 2 hr drive plus wait time in the office i have to take a full day off work and can't really do that right now so i really only have the option to wait until sept. 22nd. Im just trying to keep my head up and make better food choices until then. Snacking is gonna kill me. Old bored habbits are wanting to kick back in. So i got to beat them back down to the fiery depths.

Cathy-Great job, keep up the good work, you are seriously rockin it girl.

Apples--what can i say you inspire me to keep on the wagon your weight loss is awesome.

All Junies--You all are doing great, i love this forum and all of you, everytime i read posts my head gets a lil higher and my heart a lil lighter. Thank You all.

I feel so bad for you guys that have to drive quite a few hours, take off work, etc. just to get a fill. I drive 13 miles from the farm to our closest clinic and my surgeon is available every two weeks for fills. I wish it weren't that way for some of you.

Armywife...you have to realize that I took over 50lbs off during my six mo. pre-op diet so I am actually sitting no better than most of you on the post-op weight loss. You have a 29lbs weight loss and you were banded ten days after me. I have only had a 30lbs loss since surgery. You are doing great. Hang in there until you get your fill!

You guys are great! I agree with Armywife - I feel better after reading here. My 2nd fill was postponed by doc's office until next Tuesday and it was already overdue. My weight has really been jumping around lately so I have not changed my ticker - I lost steadily last week only to see a 6 pound gain on Monday (just from Sunday)! Weird, so I am eating right and waiting to see what happens. Back to work.