Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just posted the on the fills thread. I am like you long and Apples, I feel like I have good restriction most of the time and then I can eat the house! I get a fill Friday, but I am afraid I will get over tight.

I have been pretty good up until this morning and I wanted to eat everything.

It is a funny thing, sometimes I feel a great deal of restriction and can only eat a bite, and then wham! Everthing I eat just slides right down! I am making good choices for the most part, and I have lost another 4 lbs that I haven't changed on my ticker...! Yea! I am just a few lbs from onederland!

Anyhow! I get my fill and hope it will be the sweet one!

Hey Long, how ya doing? What you explained is exactly what I am feeling. I don't want to take the risk of screwing up a good thing. My doc said last time that it never hurts to get a fill and then a week later unfill. I have never pb'd. I was stuck once on a hard boiled egg. Nasty. That's about the only LB complication I have had. I am very careful.

I am willing to deal with the hunger once in awhile instead of the alternative. I guess I will ask the doc's nurses when I check in (they are all banded) what they think of how things are going and if I they would suggest a fill. I will check in again tomorrow to let you guys know what I decided to do.

Please do check in tomorrow as I am very curious. I'm losing at a great rate, so not sure they'll give me one or not, but think some of my big losses this week are due to recovery from gall bladder surgery. I just hit 50 lbs lost on Thurs. the 14th and today am at 56. But as I sit here typing this I am hungry and just ate lunch about an hour or so ago. Last night I PB'd on watermelon of all things. I'd think that would go right down. We were at a party and luckily I could feel it coming and was able to excuse myself to the restroom just in time, luckily no one was in there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy....been thinking the last couple of hours and I am going to just go ahead and get a fill. May as well. I will just watch of the signs of being too full. I have been gradually dropping weight (couple of pounds a week lately). Have dropped 86lbs all together. But, do not like suffering and starving some days.

As I type this the husband is heading back to Ireland to go to a funeral with his parents in England. I am so useless on my own! OK I am perfectly capable, but I just prefer being together. It's so weird, he hasn't been back without me and while I am glad to not be making the trip, I am really sad too and it's making really miss everyone so much.

Anyway, when he travels for business I tend to mope a bit and overeat or get terrible things like ice cream. Well I have been a model bander today. I had a sensible dinner with the little man and after I put him to bed I worked out! Yeah me :blink: I would have anyway but I feel like it was an extra effort since i'd already eaten and put the baby to bed.

In a bit I am going to work on an album of shots from when we traveled to Italy for my sister-in-laws wedding. I don't know about everyone else, but it sure is good to keep your hands busy to avoid nibbling. I am a nervous nibbler so anything to keep me busy is good!

I am at the most stressful part of the year at work and I am also surviving that. This would have been a day for feeding the snack machine but I didn't even feel like it. I also haven't opened a bottle of wine and popped some popcorn which also might have been tempting. I think I will have a 15 calorie popscicle and work on my album.

May my resolve and lack of cravings last the week!

Wow! Apples, 85 lbs gone! That is terrific! I look forward to meeting you soon.

Greythope! You are sweet, I like to read your post, you write with sincereity. I like that.

Long, congratulations on your 50 lbs. I thik it will be a while before I get there. I am now at 23lbs lost. Did I say i am a slow looser! Yep! So true! Very fuel efficient! LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Long....50lbs is a great milestone. You should be proud of your accomplishments. It's about at that point where you know you are on the road to not looking back.

Grey....sounds like you have a handle on what triggers snacking. It's so difficult to be thrown into situations where you feel tempted. Makes it twice as difficult to stay in control. When I am in tempting situations, I find that if I keep my hands busy, I can stay in control.

Cathy...hope I did not come off as bragging with the weight loss. It didn't start with the band. Over 50 of it came off b/4 I was banded. It will be a year in November since I started this weight loss journey and hoping to reach goal in November of this year. I scared the hell out of myself with all of my obesity issues and started b/4 the band cuz I had to get things under control.

You talk about being a slow loser. I have to admire your patience. It will come with time. Thank God we have the band to help us.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Good morning. I think my gall bladder surgery has done something to speed up my weight loss as it's really going down lately. I see a big plateau in my future soon. I must remember this time! I am now down almost 57, that's 8 lbs in less than a week. I had been stuck at 49 for weeks them VROOM! the ol' bod kicked in.

Last night I went to the 3 mos and out post op class my hospital/surgeon provide. It was a great refresher in my nutrition requirements etc. Right at the time of surgery it was all so overwhelming, plus the nurse teaching it said they just give you the basics. Now is a time for tweaking and making sure I am meeting my Protein, carb, fat, & Vitamin goals etc. She said it becomes even more crucial because by now you have used up most of your body's sotres of these things. I was a little short on my protein daily and actually need to maybe get a few good carbs in there. It was a 3 hour class and I am very glad I went. Hubby went with me so now he understands it all better now too. Plus they had lots of samples of products from Bariatric Advantage of Snacks, Vitamins and supplements as well as info on upcoming classes, support groups etc. There's so much to choose from. I got a whole new binder of info. on going forward in this journey. I'll be busy reading today.

Grey, I find if I keep my hands busy that helps too, I am trying to teach myself to knit.

Cathy, hopefully your fill will give you some help. Are you stil out riding that bike? i've had to park mine for a bit due to the 2nd surgery.

Apples, it's rather scary to not look back and only look forward. It's been so long since I've not had the identity of a fat person vs a normal weight person it's like going into the unknown. She talked in the class last night about the head catching up with the changes. When I say the identity of I mean in my own head and how I see myself. It's been a journey of self discovery that's for sure.

Edited by Great2BThin

Long...I know where you are coming from on the getting your head set to match where you body is. 15 yrs ago I was a size 8. I could walk into a shop and pick anything off the rack and not even try it on. That all changed in a hurry when I packed on pound after pound. I guess through the weight gain I kept remembering what it was like to be slim and feel great (healthwise). Over the years I just kept wanting that back. I never want to feel that overwhelmed and rueful again.

Hopefully the band will always be there for me. I know it is work with the band but just certain food issues are gone with me. I never felt like the rug was pulled out from under me when I got the band. I don't miss any certain foods. I do a lot of cooking and baking. (We are farmers and I feed a number of guys every day). I never seem to crave anything, even when I am cooking and serving the guys. The band has done that for me.

I understand where you are coming from on never looking back. The only reason I will ever look back is to remind myself that I never want to be there again.

You are really dropping the weight in the last couple of weeks. Hope you are feeling well.

congratulations you guys! you are doing great! i'm learning a lot too. and can sometimes eat a lot more than other times. i seem to have lost my restriction since the last fill 2 weeks ago. i don't understand that - next one is 9/15. seems like that will be a long wait!

vacation was fun and i while i did eat higher calorie choices (eating out 3 times a day), we did get a lot more exercise than usual. so i was hoping it would nudge me down some - but the scale is the same today. not up (good), and not down.

greythope, hope your husband is back before you know it! and i'm sorry about your family's loss. good luck with keeping busy and keeping your mind off food!

long, that class sounds GREAT! i would love to have that around here. we have a monthly support group and it's not focused - just a freeform type of thing. we do have monthly individual nutritionist appointments. my last one was very good and that was before my last fill. i think the next one is going to be a more in depth discussion on what i'm eating - as i was losing about 1.25 a week at the last visit - not lately that's for sure!

a great NSV - my 1 pair of size 20 pants (from 26 i hate to say) are loose! and knowing the scale isn't budging but i've up'd my exercise, i'm hoping i'm toning up my muscles and maybe gaining some to offset the fat loss. i hope! my rings are looser too. the darn scale tho.

back to work today and i just want to eat and eat. nope. that's old behavior. no more. better get back to it tho. bye for now!

Told you guys I would check in about my appt. today. Well, got a call from clinic just when I was going to take off for town. Nurse asked me if I could wait until next Tues since she had mistakenly put me in for a week too early. Decided that it might be a good thing for me to wait and see how this next week goes. I am still thinking that I will need a fill since I am hungry right after I eat.

It's so surprising to go from such good restriction in the last three weeks to this. I guess I will leave it in my doc's hands and try the fill. I just don't want to be messing with fills after I have my surgery on Sept. 30. I would love to have restriction back by then.

I do have days that I am not at all hungry but notice it is usually days that I am under stress. Mornings are always tight for me and I don't get anything down until about 11am. Guess I will just take the chance and get another fill next week. It's going to be a long week if this hunger is the same as yesterday and today!

checking in to vent I am up a pound this week, had a fill already 1cc,i am not particularly hungry but probably eat more than i should

My total wt loss is 40 since surgery June 16 I know in my head that is good. i walk 2-3 times a week in addition to the gym 3 x a week i called surgeon, still waiting for call back i chart all my food every day on the daily plate,not going over 1300 cals/day is this bandster hell?

I just posted the on the fills thread. I am like you long and Apples, I feel like I have good restriction most of the time and then I can eat the house! I get a fill Friday, but I am afraid I will get over tight.

I have been pretty good up until this morning and I wanted to eat everything.

It is a funny thing, sometimes I feel a great deal of restriction and can only eat a bite, and then wham! Everthing I eat just slides right down!

I have had only one fill so far and definitely need another. I called today and got approval to get another and would be given the "first available" appointment. It is September 29th! AARGH! I guess this is one problem of dealing with a major university hospital. Bureacracy! :eek:

I have been at a plateau for 3-4 weeks. Lost 31 lbs after surgery but it hasn't moved since. Surely I have responsibility here because I can eat much more than I should be eating. But, if I had willpower, I wouldn't have needed the band. (Nothing compared to pre-band, but more daily calories than I need!)

Anyway, I am glad to hear you are all doing well. I tried to contribute a post the other day and had my first experience of losing my post in cyberspace! I'll try to post more....we June folks need to stay in touch! :)

I got my first "refill" today, the doc put 5cc's back in which I didn't expect since I had to have a total unfill last week when 6cc's were too much. But I seem to be doing fine so far, plus I had lost three pounds in a week with an empty band, which makes my total 33.....I'm a third of the way to where I want to be!! That made my day!!

I got a fill today too!! I got 1cc for a total of 8.5 cc in a 14cc band I think. So far so good. My dr. said I was doing fantastic and called me a star, that felt good!

Hi, i was banded june 11, have had 3 fills with 3cc total. I have lost 36#.. It is slow, but i guess after reading the posts, i shouldn't be discouraged about not getting more in my fills. I have only lost 1 lb. The last 3 wks. So i got the 3rd fill. It has been 2 days and still feel some restriction. Does anyone know why it seems to go away after awhile?? She had a really hard time to get the needle in and it was really swollen. And bled alot??? So far so good. I haven't tried bread yet, or steak, pizza, but nothing else really bothers me. I don't eat till i am full. Only till i am kind of satisified. Everyone keep up the good work, and i like reading the posts. No support group set up in our area for lb. Take care.