Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a few days off to spoil my 8yo grand daughter but I took her home yesterday. Time to get serious about this again. Even with 5cc, weight loss is super slow to nonexistant. I go back for probably a half cc a week from thursday, the 21st. Maybe I need to set little goals to keep me focused. So here it is:

I resolve to hit 190 on the scale at my next fill. And I resolve to walk an hour every other night (or more if my knees hold out) after work.

Keep me honest folks. Be sure and call me on it. If I mess up, feel free to beat me (gently).

WTG Cathy on cleaning your house. Wanna come do mine? I just got done with a 2.5 mile walk and am cooling down. This afternoon I am gonna put away stuff and swiffer my floors. Someone keeps eating and getting crumbs under my computer.....think it was the grandkid.:)

Hello, Junes!!

I am 2 days post op again! Just had my gall bladder out on the 8th. So am back into recovery mode all over again. Have no appetite so not eating much but did have some icecream. Good thing I'm not eating much as those calories shocked me when I entered in daily plate. And I'm not even much of an ice cream eater. LOL

I am also into cleaning and redecorating. The week before my surgery, DH installed new hardwood and sanded down all the existing then refinished it all to match. Dust was everywhere in the house so I got a lot of it before surgery and then all weekend hubby has been cleaning and moving furniture back in etc. so it's looking good.

Wow I couldn't imagine going under the knife again so soon! I don't want anywhere near a hospital for a long time. Glad you're doing well afterwards.

I've had a quiet weekend, very much needed. I am bad about exhausting myself and then being wrecked during the week. But I took it easy enough, no guests or anything. A bit of cleaning, a lot of laundry.

I worked out yesterday and feel good today. I am hoping I can really keep it up and that it will help not only with the weight loss but all the other stuff. But my focus with isn't weight loss, it is all over well-being with weight loss being an extra benefit. I feel great already, I am actually surprised when I look in the mirror and still see a fat person! And you know what - I am not in pain right now! Partly because I took a very long nap and haven't driven all weekend, but I am hoping working out just enough, but not too much is doing some good for my back and hip joint. 35 going on 75!! Which is bizarre because I feel 21 in my head!

Work will be stressful tomorrow I know and am not looking forward to it. It's my most stressful time of the year (I am working on benefit changes because the companies health insurance went up 40%!) plus some other ugliness I have to sort out between two employees who just won't get along.

And my husband is probably going to have to go to England for a funeral and I am a mess by myself :) he needs to go of course. I would go but we can't even afford one ticket, he's going to use frequent flier miles.

Thanks Cathy for the compliment. I want this to be a warm happy postive place. Don't we all know that making ourselves and others feel like *&^$ only sends us to the refrigerator?! It does for me!

You know I can't imagine only eating 4 oz of food per meal. I guess I am going to lose slower unless I get enough fills to create that. It seems like you wouldn't get enough calories to live! When I lost weight with Jenny Craig and living at the gym my hair went to hell. I started losing it in the sort of male pattern balding way! I am making sure to eat some good fats to try to keep my skin, hair & nails nice. I still never eat enough to fill up a side plate but it sure as heck is more than 1/2 a cup!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week. Depending how things go I am hoping to work out every day this week.

Oh and my scale is mess up so I have no idea how much I weight but I think that's a good thing. Less obsessing.

Update - just jumped on the wii to see and since June 1st I have lost 23 pounds. Not too bad for someone who hasn't been startving herself and has very little restriction!

Edited by greythope

Hi Folks:

I suppose you noticed that I have changed my avtar :). It never occured to me that people would be so interested in me. :huh2:

One of the instructors asked me if I had had the band done, said his wife found my post here. :wub: Oh well, so much for being quiet about the surgery. :sad: I really don't mind people knowing, I just don't want to be judged and watched. :lol: So I will use the avtar, who knows who else is watching. I don't mind if it will encourage someone else, but here at work people can be vicious.

I am doing great otherwise! I have an appointment with a urologist the end of the month and hope they can solve the mystery of the UTIs and Fluid retention. It has made me pretty sick at times, :ohmy: but I am in a well period now. :thumbup: I understand the high Protein can contriubte to kidney stones. I hope that isn't the problem. I don't loose well on anything other that high protein. :thumbup:

Strikeuptheband: I have an 8 year old granddaughter too! I also have an 11 year old grandson and a new granddaughter due September 7TH! Aren't grandchildren great! Spoil them and send them home!

Take care and keep posting! I know there are over 300 June bugs!

say hello!

I set the alarm early, laid out my workout clothes but just couldn't get up. AM workouts are just not going to happen. So I will jump on when I get home while Finn eats and then take him swimming.

Even when I worked out in the AM for a good long time I was comatose at work. I am just not a morning person. Plus I am hungry all day. But I will keep setting that alarm clock anyway. Trying doesn't hurt.

hi all! long2bthin - so glad your gb surgery is over! hope you heal up quickly!

i'm struggling to get exercise in too. was doing better at that but not the past week. we belong to planet fitness but i haven't gone since just before surgery. i don't think i have an excuse any more (i was saying i had no stamina but i'm all healed up now and can do lots on our treadmill when i get on it!).

i'm not a morning exerciser either! i like to do it after work.. we bought bikes this weekend (you guys have inspired me to do some bike riding!) - we pick them up tomorrow night! it's very exciting to be comfy on a bike because i wouldn't even consider it 30 lbs ago!

i am stuck scale-wise even after having a fill a week ago - lost about 1 lb max since the fill. i think it's exercise. and some of my eating was high calorie Soup while i was letting my stomach adjust to the fill. i am not feeling much restriction really - and it's weird because i was before the 2nd fill.

nice to talk with you all about this! the surgery is over but the lifestyle changes are underway and take a lot of positive reinforcement!

have a good week everyone!

Good morning. I just got back from walking around my block 2 times!! YAHOO!! The day after surgery I could only go part way. Today I went with a neighbor who is also recovering from a surgery and we got to gabbing and before I knew it I did 2 times. I'm wiped out now though, but it did seem to help my pain some so that is good!

I have so many dr. appts the next couple weeks. I had scheduled a well woman exam months ago and it's this Thurs. I suppose I will still go, then next Monday is the hospitals 3 mos and out post bariatric surgery class, then Wed is my post op gall bladder appt. and then the next Tues. my 3 mos post op lap band appt. I am going to ask if they can combine the last 2 into one and get a fill. But am not cancelling anything til I know for sure. I will have now spent almost the entire summer recovering from surgery. Hopefully the scale will start moving again soon, only 3 of the 8 I gained in the hospital are gone so far. GRRRRR I think my belly is pretty swollen though.

Hiya Strangers!!

Just got back from Turkey this morning and I'm sooo tired.

I was all inclusive and managed to put 9lb on in a fortnight!! Argggghhh!!!

Looking forward to my second fill on saturday...hope that'll sort me out!!

Amanda

xx

AJ- dont frett too much... I put a couple of pounds on while on vacation too... as soon as I got back home and got back in the swing of things they came right back off and I am back in the right direction... I go in for a fill on monday so I am going to wait until then to post an update of weight lost.

I do a day of the Atkins shakes a day before and day of fill just cause they did so good for kicking in the weight loss on the pre-op diet :biggrin:

3 days of those got things kicked in good with last fill so... we will see

Afternoon June bugs! I am still ticking along. I need to stop stepping on the scales.

Ykes!!!! I bet I get on that thing 6 times a day! Every time I go into the bathroom! That isn't good! I think I will hide it! I know i would do better if I just weigh once a week.

OK! On my honor... I promise... not to weigh...everyday!:tt1:

:tongue_smilie: that makes me want to...LOL

AJpink, Huggie is right you will loose all the vacation junk!

I have had pizza:ohmy: and I know I should not! Actually, I only ate a little and stopped... before I would have eaten at least 1/2 a pie at a time...!

Anoter promise!

I won't get pizza again for a very long time! And when I do I will make sure I have my grandchildren there to finish it off quickly!:biggrin:

I am full of promise! LOL We are all full of promise! We are all getting healthier and thinner!

With me I figure it is one baby step at a time!

Have a GREAT DAY

Cathy I have descovered the South Beach Pizzas... I cook it in the oven instead of hte microwave and they are really not bad!!!

And I hear ya on the scale thing... the only thing is I would have to have someone else hide it cause if I knew where it was it wouldnt matter :rolleyes:

Just checking in. I am here everyday reading but not often posting. I will probably call and schedule a fill (2nd) soon. I am eating more and the scale was still going down but now is not. I am not sure if it is hormones & Water retention or me really eating too much. I had a hysterectomy years ago and still produce hormones so I have weeks when I am hungrier and more emotional but I can't really tell what is going on so I can always claim PMS and no one can claim otherwise. lol. I am really busy at work lately so not much time for anything else. I will be here reading about how you all are doing and silently cheering you on.

Hi all...Hope everyone is doing well. Have a questions about fills. I had a fill three weeks ago. 5cc's in a large band, plus, I was given a fill at the time of surgery. (unsure how much). Some days I am not at all hungry and some days (like today) I am hungry right after eating. WTH? I go in for an appt. with my surgeon tomorrow and can ask for a fill if I want. I really don't want to get tight and have acid reflux. I have not had any since surgery and I feel wonderful about it.

I would love to have each day the same (when it comes to hunger issues) but know that is impossible. Anyone out there that has hit their sweet spot or thinks they have. I realize we are all different with different size bands, etc. Just asking if I should tough it out for another month or get another fill while it is available tomorrow.

Hi Apples,

I've been wondering the same thing. There's times that I could eat anything and other times that food gets stuck and I have a PB. I go on Wed. and wanted to see about a fill because of those hungry times but am so afraid of being too filled. I read on here that the bands can be fickle, tighter some days than others so wonder exactly where I should be at.

Hey Long, how ya doing? What you explained is exactly what I am feeling. I don't want to take the risk of screwing up a good thing. My doc said last time that it never hurts to get a fill and then a week later unfill. I have never pb'd. I was stuck once on a hard boiled egg. Nasty. That's about the only LB complication I have had. I am very careful.

I am willing to deal with the hunger once in awhile instead of the alternative. I guess I will ask the doc's nurses when I check in (they are all banded) what they think of how things are going and if I they would suggest a fill. I will check in again tomorrow to let you guys know what I decided to do.