Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sounds like a lot of us have hit stalls in the weight loss road. It was so fun and for me easier when the scale was going down every day. Last week was the first week I didn't have a loss at all and before that I was averaging 3 lbs a week. I know I can eat more but have had pretty good control in my portions, however, I've noticed some of my choices aren't the best for those portions so will work on that this week and hope I get that fill on Wed.

Hey everyone, sounds like are all having our problems lately. Mine is that my surgeon will not tell me how much he put in my 10cc band on my first fill, says he does not want me to concentrate on that part. Some days I feel like I have restriction and some days not. The nurse at the surgery center I use says he is very conservative with his fills and not expect anything with the first fill. So I have put in a call for another fill in two weeks.

Sorry about the length on this post, but it is really frustrating when I see posts about how much everyone has in their band and I don't have any idea what is in mine.

Hey everyone, sounds like are all having our problems lately. Mine is that my surgeon will not tell me how much he put in my 10cc band on my first fill, says he does not want me to concentrate on that part. Some days I feel like I have restriction and some days not. The nurse at the surgery center I use says he is very conservative with his fills and not expect anything with the first fill. So I have put in a call for another fill in two weeks.

Sorry about the length on this post, but it is really frustrating when I see posts about how much everyone has in their band and I don't have any idea what is in mine.

My guess is your dr is doing that so you don't compare yourself to others as everyone is different. He's probably had people come tell him they need X number of CC;s when they didn't etc. But still I'd want to know too. As long as it is working, you'll be fine. I only got less than a week of restriction on my 1st fill. I am hoping for another this week.

Hi June Jazzies. Haven't checked in for a couple of weeks. (Home only 1 day a week during the summer). Had my 6 week visit with my surgeon a week ago. Had the chance to get my first fill but was still really tight. I flew to FL and back the week b/4 and that had tightened me. Turned down the fill and the day after I experienced extreme hunger and it has been the same since. Emailed surgeon's nurse today to see if I can get a fill b/4 my next appt on 8/19. Hoping I can.

All in all things are going great. Now that I am hungry, I need to remember to eat slowly. It never seemed to be a problem b/4. My surgeon has a strict regimen of eating only three times a day with 1/2 cup servings each meal and absolutely no more than that. I have stuck to this diet faithfully and as of today I am down over 75lbs. (Started pre-op dieting mid-November, 20, 2007). I am sure the weight loss will start to slow so am preparing myself not to be discouraged when that happens.

Sounds like you all are doing well and adjusting to band life. I am hoping that I do not run into any problems along this road. I love how my band has performed (not just right now during this hungry period) and never want to have to deal with living without it.

Wishing you all continued success!

I also had my first fill last week due for another next week

feel good no great restriction though

I feel like i could still eat more than i should good news thought down 38 pounds since starting preop diet June 2nd

i don't post often but i read daily to keep up with everyone's progress

i have a hard time keeping my commitment to the after surgery nutrition and exercise class. ( I have a 12 week commitment) but because of work am finding it hard to get there I do go to the gym with my daughter a few times a week i guess i am feeling guilty about not keeping up my end of the deal with the classes, but i do have to work! anyway keep up the good work everyone

cathi

Sounds like a lot of us have hit stalls in the weight loss road. It was so fun and for me easier when the scale was going down every day. Last week was the first week I didn't have a loss at all and before that I was averaging 3 lbs a week. I know I can eat more but have had pretty good control in my portions, however, I've noticed some of my choices aren't the best for those portions so will work on that this week and hope I get that fill on Wed.

For two weeks I only loss 2 lbs. I know 2 lbs was in the threshold, but I was eating about 750 calories and walking 5 miles everyday and still only lossed 2 lbs.

I talked with my sister's trainer and she told me every 4 weeks have a high calorie day. Eat at least 2,000 calories for that day. So last monday after my walk it was hot, so I went to the ice cream shop. Got the nutrional info on their softserve icecream and Peanutbutter cups and had a monster large Flurry for 1,000 calories.

It was delicious. I felt soooo bad afterwards. Soooooo guilty. However this Monday I weighed myself and lossed 5.5lbs!!!.

Now I can't wait, cause in 3 weeks I can do it again :thumbup:.

i have been reading, but not posting. i had my 2nd fill today, and i do feel restricted tonight. surgeon said to eat reg. but if it bothered me to go to liquids. I was banded june 11th. lost 30+ lbs since starting my journey. They said to lose slowly so your body can absorb some of the fat. I put my scale away today, kept getting on, if i didn't lose then i was depressed, so i am trying to just get weighed once a week. all is well, bp dropping, and hope my pc takes me off med. or decreases it. Getting into clothes that haven't fit in years, so happy there. it all takes time and we must hang in there. we are all going thru the same things. I am surprised some people are having sandwiches etc. i haven't even considered bread of any kind. take care. hope all is well with all my fellow june bandsters. Judy

Hello Fellow June Bandies!

It's been a while since I posted and just wanted to drop a quick line to give an update on myself. I was banded on June 6th and had my first fill on July 17th. I have lost a total of 27 lbs. Since my fill I haven't lost must weight, maybe 3 lbs. I'm discouraged with the fill because I feel like I can eat more now than I did before the fill. I am scheduled for my 2nd fill on Aug 18th and I can't wait...I'm hoping to have better restriction after that fill. Other than that... I LOVE my band! It has been the BEST thing I have EVER done for myself. I am now buying clothes 2 sizes smaller than before and feel great!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

My first fill is tomorrow and not soon enough! I am to the point now I have no restriction. I was doing great up until the last couple of days and I am back to feeling like I have a bottomless pit. Right now I am not paying attention to pounds, but how I feel. I feel pretty good.

The only problem is work has gone to hell. Morale is at an all time low which is rough because I am unhappy and being the HR manager everyone wants to tell me how unhappy they are. Makes it easy to want to stress eat.

I get a fill tomorrow too, Greythope. Maybe that will be the boost we need. Haven't had any restriction yet either. I hear ya about work morale. Its bad enough when everyone complains, but even worse for you because they all complain to you! Hope things improve for you.

Hey everyone! I hope all is well. I am doing ok, just staying the same on the scale and it is frustrating! :biggrin:

I think I am doing ok, but I do slip about once a day and have something that would be considered "bad" :blush:

My philosophy has been to find my eating comfort zone that will allow me to eat like a normal person and not diet. :wink2: I think I need to discover what I can and cannot eat. What my triggers are to overeating.

Well, that is a chore...:mellow: seems everything triggers me to want to eat carbs. I know that carbs are a problem for me, once I begin to eat carbs I am like a human vacumn and need more and more. The only thing that will stop that is to eat some Protein. :blush:

Strikeuptheband and Greythope, I hope your fills find your sweet spot! I am almost there (I think) i can feel restriction, but the weight is sticking around too.

Long2bthin: I hope your GB :eek: surgery is easy! I will keep happy thoughts for you! :angry:

Have a great day!:thumbup:

Well gang, had fill #3 today. I posted it somewhere else but now I forgot where...:biggrin: This one was quite an experience. She musta poked me 20 times! I heard a click everytime she hit the port and she went all the way around it before she found where the needle went. :biggrin: I was so scared she was going to puncture something vital! Didn't hurt but it sure made me nervous. Note: next time put a pillow behind my back! I only lost 2 lbs since the last fill but she was ok with that and said we were getting close and the next fill (in 3 weeks) she would start doing .5cc's till we got there.

I started bumping up my evening walks to longer than a mile. taking tonite off because of the humidity but I will get back out tomorrow and plan on doing some outdoor stuff with my daughter and grand daughter this weekend. Going to the fair which will be a lot of walking, but not really aerobic. At least its fun. Hope everyone is doing well.

Well I got my surgery date for my gall bladder. It will be next week, Friday the 8th. It's almost 2 mos to the day since my lap band surgery (it was the 5th of June). I'm anxious and nervous all over again, but at least know somewhat what to expect. Same hospital, same surgeon, deja vu! I will be happy to have this all behind me. No preop diet, just no food or drink after 10pm the night before. And should only be 3 incisions this time and he can reuse 2 of them.

I had fill number 2 yesterday even though my 1st one was only 2 weeks ago and I was down 7 lbs since then. I got a 'tweak' of .5cc. But I can't tell the difference. I didn't want to get too agressive with facing surgery. Afterwards, I want another one to get more restriction.

I had my first fill and then my first unfill today. I wasn't a happy camper, getting shots isn't fun but there is something particularly icky about on the stomach. The lovely physicians assistant gave me the lidocaine in a few spots but then couldn't quite get the fill needle in the right place so got the doc to do it. He hit it first go, pinched a bit, felt weird and then was done. So sigh of relief, it was done, time to do the Water test. Too bad I belched straight away, sign it was too tight, so I had to get a bit taken out.

So I went from 2cc to 4 cc back to 3 in a 10 cc band, not that I have any notion what the means in real terms! No biggie, we'll see how it goes. I have appointments scheduled for the next three months, glad to have the first one done, looking forward to seeing some weight come off.

One thing they did say is that most of their patients gain between surgery and their first fill and it was good I lost weight. That made me feel better even though it was only a few pounds I lost.

My port site hurts from all the messing around with it. They said I had some inflamed scar tissue which I can feel. WONDERFUL! Ah well I am still DELIGHTED to have it done and feel so lucky to be on the other side.

It is at least 6 weeks for all the June Bandsters! :party:Let's all check in and stay in touch. If you are like me and read always, but don't post every time... be sure to let us all know you are there and well!

It is important to keep posting on here and get the support we all need! We will all make mistakes and have our weak moments and our successes! Ok! :)

I am getting ready to redecorate my house! I am going to clean out closets, drawers, cabinets! I am also going to repaint and fix up for winter! I figure a new me and a new nest! I have a motive in this madness! I will be too busy to eat! :Banane54::confused2:

I have set a goal of being in Onederland 7lbs away buy the end of August! How about you? Any goals!

Greythope! I am proud of you! Such support for our fellow bandster that just wanted support! :youcandothis:

Snuffy! Such dedication! Wow, you are very motivated! Spread it around! :biggrin2:

Long2bthin! I am glad your surgery is behind you and you are on the recovery road! :biggrin2:

Ok :) Jazzy Junes! chime in!:welldoneclap: