Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, fellow Jazzy Junes! I went for my 2 week post-op visit today (although I'm actually 3 weeks out). I've lost 9 lbs since surgery and am feeling really good. They told me that I'm right on track and am healing beautifully. I'm consuming anywhere from 900-1200 calories a day. I log all my food on dailyplate.com . My only problem area is exercise. I started walking and have begun having back troubles. I have two ruptured discs and so have to be careful. Anyway, I was released to start swimming today and I'm excited about that. Hopefully, I can get myself in gear with the exercise.

Hi guys! Went for my post op this past Monday and lost 15 lbs since surgery - Yipee! My first fill is scheduled for 7/11 - can't wait. I am so surprised at how good I feel - yesterday I walked a mile and today 3 miles - I have NEVER walked that far in my life! Exercise was never my thing but since the surgery I have this new determination to succeed so my goal is to walk everyday. It is great to hear that the other Jazzy Junes are doing as well. Have a great day! MM

Hey Junies!

I got my first fill today. I posted the details on the fill line-up so I won't repeat here, but I am so glad! I am also back to all my activities and can even ride waterslides at Dollywood's Splash country!

I can feel the restriction and the doc said I can have another fill in 2 weeks if I want! Yeah!

Hey JJ's! Such a cool thread! Thanks again Cathy! You are awesome!!

Had a doc appt today and thats also in the fill line-up but I get to go in 2 weeks! When I was getting dressed this morning I put on a pair of my jeans and they were too big!!! So darn exciting! I haven't really noticed my weight loss yet but my clothes are showin it! HOORAY!! I've dealt with my hunger well today! I had the yummiest lunch. Spinach (i can eat iceberg lettuce, never have been able to), 3oz of a grilled pork chop, and a sprinkle of craisins. Sprayed it with the "spritzers" salad dressing, the raspberry vinagerette (sp?) one and man it was so great. and kept me full all day until about 20 mins after dinner time normally is! It was awesome! Oh and another nsv I went with my friend and took my babies to the pool today! I haven't gone out in public in a bathing suit in forever, dd has never been, so that was HUGE for me! I still felt like a whale but I didn't care, because I know that I am on my way to a new me!!!

Sorry this got so long! Totally didnt expect that to happen!

Navywifejenn: don't ever worry about being too long on here! We all want to know as much about each other as you are willing to share.

This site is the most empowering thing! If it were not for this I would be lost! The information has saved me a bunch of worry and keep me motivated!

Keep posting!

Cathy - you are an inspiration. I am going to wait a couple more weeks (I am 8 days post op) but then I am going to air up my tires and get back on the bike. I used to enjoy riding and my SO is an avid cyclist - our whole family is into it and I have spent the last few years sitting back and watching while they had all the fun. I think it is time for me to join in.

We seem to have inherited our son's bike from when he was in college. It has hung in the garage for quite some time. Hubby is getting it down this weekend, filling the tires, hopefully they are just flat and not ruined. He wants to start riding it, but I want to get on and see how it affects my knees. If it's not bad, I am going to be in the market for a new bike! I saw one at costco a Schwinn Comfort bike, I like the sound of Comfort!!

Down another pound today, I am officially less than 100 from goal!!

almost a week. I am doing very well. Not to much pain, the shoulder pain comes and goes...

I am on full liquids now!! Who would have thought I would be so excited to have yogurt, cream of wheat, or runny oatmeal? ???

I have been banded for a week now...the weight loss has been unreal. I know it will slow down, but for now...I WILL TAKE IT!!!!

Great job to everyone out here!!

Navywifejenn be proud to swim with your kids!!!! I swim with mine everyday.. well not while I am healing.. but I will be back in the Water as soon as they let me (or even a little sooner).. I think I will be swimming before I cheat on my eating... when I went in for my surgery the nurses were saying what a great tan I had.. some thought it was from a tanning bed until they saw my shoulder and my swimsuit line... :thumbup: It's great exercise to walk in the Water as well.. I love it..

Cathychatts.. I have a pink beach cruiser I can't wait to get back on.. our community has bike trails and several lakes to ride around and my kids and I go all over... I used to get stares as I was a 300+ lady riding a bike with my friends and I was keeping up with them and most of the time ahead of them, now I will be ahead of them and almost the same size as them... :)

:thumbup:Walking up to the pool right now to watch my kids swim.. we have a waterpark in our neighborhood.. I have never gone down our waterslides but this just might be the summer that I do... Although I don't like enclosed areas.. I might make an exception!!!

Good morning!! today I have officially less than 100 lbs to lose, 99.9 to be exact!! YAHOO!! gotta love it. I am meeting a friend I might here at Lapband talk (Zippykat) for lunch today, she has the same surgeon as me and answered lots of questions. Should be a nice time.

Waikiki- I just noticed that you are in TX and not Hawaii. I admire you getting out there on your bike and to the pool. I've been afraid to bike when I was 300 thought I'd blow out the tires and swimsuit? on a vacation where I know no one maybe but in my community pool, not so sure. Maybe I ought to get out the ol' suit.

Good morning everyone...Thanks to Cathy for motivating us and giving us a place for our chats...Each and everyone one of you has been an inspiration to me and has helped me more than you know...I have so far not had too many complications or complaints and anything that I have come across has been answered on here...I am down 34 pounds as of this morning since I started my pre-op diet 5 weeks ago...I am feeling great...I am very lucky in that my work has given me 5 weeks off to recouperate (still have 2 left) so I am taking advantage to get into some good habits like walking every morning (I hate excercise so this one I really need to make into a habit so when I get back to work it is the norm vs the exception)...I am planning meals and making sure we have good healthy choices (my husband has lost 10 lbs)...I am reading low fat/calorie cook books to use for meal planning...for the first time in my life (always been overweight) I feel like I can do this and that my life is changing...Thanks to you all...Cheers...:thumbup:

Checking In: Today I had a terrible experience. A hard candy slipped down my throat and I thought I was going to die. I have never had such bad pain before. I did not know what to do. I had no idea how long it would take for the candy to melt. Finally after, sweating profusely,slimming, burping, hiccupping, and thinking I might die things go desperate and I finally stuck my finger down my throat and up came that little bugger. I was wasted for about an hour afterwards. Please God, don't let that ever happen to me again!!!!

A piece of advice, don't talk on the phone suck on hard candy at the same time, it can be deadly.

Hugs,

Susan

So good to hear from all of you!:smile2:

I can sure tell I have restriction from my fill! I am so glad I got that fill.:biggrin2:

When i eat too fash I kinda belch, :unsure:almost like a hiccup.:ohmy: I am back to eating under 1000 calories again.:blush: I have to remember to eat! :wink2:That is a great feeling. I feel full most of the time, kinda like I just ate. :tt2:

So my friends! Do not despair! :crying: when you begin to get fills your hunger will not be bad! :thumbup: Hang in there!:thumbup:

I am glad I have encouraged some others to try different types of exercise. :tt1: I have had so much fun riding bikes! :rolleyes2:I have never given much thought to people seeing me in a swimsuit.:blush: However, I have always wanted to look cute and little in one!:biggrin2: Maybe that is possible (with some Plastic surgery):thumbup:

Naw! :lol: I will be happy just to feel GREAT!

You folks just do it! :cool2:

took my babies to the pool again today! we had a great time! even wore a diff suit and no shorts over it! that was a big step! loL! the greatest thing happened today though. I needed something to throw on over my suit while drivin to the pool and I looked in my closet and pulled out a skirt that is a 20 (pre-surgery was wearing a 22(but it was a tight 22)/24, so it was WAY WAY WAY exciting that it fit! Could not be happier about this journey!!!

I wanna go to the pool!! I can't til 6 weeks is up, I was banded 6/5 so that's not til 7/17 but will ask at my fill on the 14th. I am a little anxious for my fill but doing fantastic w/o it. I'm losing almost daily again, but am starting to feel some hunger, but am full pretty quickly when I do eat. Today will be a challenge with a 4th of July BBQ, but I can do it!!

I went to lunch with a friend I met online here (Zippykat) yesterday, she has the same surgeon and is about 7 mos ahead of me in band life and at 96 lbs down already, we have the same surgeon so she helped me to know what to expect at my fill appt etc. Then I went shopping. I went to Lane Bryant (can't wait til I can't shop there no more) and they had a 50% off sale and I had a 20% off coupon so for $30+ I got a pair of capris, bra (those are getting big too) and a blouse. The blouse was a 14/16!!!! and the capris were a 20!! I was getting mostly 24's before and my jeans were even 26's, on top I was 20's or 22's. I was very pleased and guess what I am wearing to the BBQ today???? LOL