Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long...I LOVE Ann Taylor also. I bought three tops last week in that brand. I am also a fan of Jones New York.

I am built opposite of you. I carried all my weight through my middle. My legs and arms have always been slim, therefore, the reason I can fit into the size I did today. I also am still in a 38DD so that makes the shopping for tops difficult for me. I envy people with a nice rounded hour glass shape. But, I am going to appreciate any shape I end up with once I get to goal. I had too many days while obese loathing my body.

Aren't those moments great when you realize you most likely will never step foot in a "Large" women's department again? Woohoo for Long!!!!!

I just need to whine a little. I am having so much trouble eating these days. I don't think it is that I am permanently too tight but something temporary is causing me to be tight. It could be stress, living w/o A/C, or eating too much salt - I don't know. I just tried tuna salad and that gave me trouble! I will have to stick to liquids and oatmeal for a while. Without power, choice of liquids is limited. My scale needs a new battery so I am not sure what my weight is doing. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.

Brown Bear...I notice that when I am under stress or certain situations are not what I am used to when I have my meal, I am more tight. I have to be VERY careful under those circumstances to concentrate on small bites, chewing and waiting in between bites. I also notice if I have a cold, fever, etc., I am very tight.

Your idea of eating mushies or liquids for a day or two might be a good idea.

Apples, I like Jones of NY too. I will have to get more and more familiar with all these new brands and things to shop for now! I am a 38DD too, but with my humgongus butt it looks more propotioned I guess. My waist goes way in. My pants gap in the waist as I have to buy so big for the butt. A good side effect of that is my surgeon had commented on my small tummy and said he doubted I'd have any trouble with excess skin there. Now if only some of the weight loss would leave my butt and legs!! it's gonna have to sooner or later.

BrownBear, I wonder if it could be stress. i've not noticed that yet. But did notice after my last fill I thought I was going to need an unfill as for about a week I was feeling stuck on everything. Now seems like I can eat anything again. This band sure seems fickle. I've had 4 fills already for a total of 9cc's in my 14cc band that seems like a lot so am leary of asking for another when I go in next week. Glad you are safe.

I just need to whine a little. I am having so much trouble eating these days. I don't think it is that I am permanently too tight but something temporary is causing me to be tight. It could be stress, living w/o A/C, or eating too much salt - I don't know. I just tried tuna salad and that gave me trouble! I will have to stick to liquids and oatmeal for a while. Without power, choice of liquids is limited. My scale needs a new battery so I am not sure what my weight is doing. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.

Hey Brownbear...just checking to see how the eating is going. Are you still tight? Hope it's better.

How's everyone else this week?????? I have a busy one. We are in the middle of harvest, closing up the lake place, :) trying to get my house all cleaned (b/4 surgery puts me down for awhile), and going through all the pre-op junk. All I know is that I have 110% more energy this year during harvest than last. I feel as if I could run a marathon.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Would love to hear from you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!:redface:

Much better. I did not realize how worried I was about my mother. She also was without power and at 83 and living alone - that was not an option so we flew her to Pittsburgh to stay with my brother. She was nervous about changing planes alone in Chicago (Midway) and I was so worried about that too. She gets overwhelmed these days in unfamiliar places but we arranged for a wheelchair to meet her and take her to the proper gate. Anyway, once I knew she was OK I could feel the difference. Our power came back on last Thursday night and now I am at work where we had Water damage from a roof leak. They have huge blowers going and are ripping out sheetrock and carpet around us. We are having to find out which states are granting an extension on filing tax returns that were due 9/15, 9/20 and 10/15. That will give us time to catch up.

I gained a couple of pounds eating junk food when the power was out. They are coming off fast though now that I am back in a routine. I, too, have more energy and I love it.

Brownbear...happy things are settling down for you and that you were able to get your mother to a place where she will be comfortable. I am sure it was a difficult time for you. It's surprising what stress can affect our bodies. I am sure it was not easy to stick to eating right when you did not have power. I am sure you can get back on track and take those couple of pounds off. Take care.

I'll also add a shout out to CathyChats, come out come out whereever you are!!

I'm here and doing well. I finally hit the 6 week post op mark from my gall bladder surgery. I see the surgeon tomorrow and am debating about asking for a small fill. At times I seem very restricted and at others not at all. Will ask him about that. Weight loss has definitely slowed, I was losing at least 10 a month and this month so far only 4 but that's to be expected I imagine. I am now working out more now that I am over the 6 weeks from surgery again. I joined a Bariatric exercise class sponsered by my surgeon and hospital, it's great.

Long...I am satisfied most of the time but know I will most likely need a small fill a month from now at my next appt. I am a little wishy-washy on the subject of fills. It's not an extreme hunger that I feel, it's just that hour I wait after eating and then when I drink fluids, I never fell hunger the rest of the day until the hour after the next meal. Weird, huh? Will just wait and see what this next month brings.

If you have been losing 10lb a month and that has slowed, maybe you will want to get that fill. You've done great so far with your 63lb loss. Please do not get discouraged. I hit a sort of plateau in August, bumped up my calories a bit and then lost.

OK...Cathychatts....where the heck are you???????????

I'll also add a shout out to CathyChats, come out come out whereever you are!!

I'm here and doing well. I finally hit the 6 week post op mark from my gall bladder surgery. I see the surgeon tomorrow and am debating about asking for a small fill. At times I seem very restricted and at others not at all. Will ask him about that. Weight loss has definitely slowed, I was losing at least 10 a month and this month so far only 4 but that's to be expected I imagine. I am now working out more now that I am over the 6 weeks from surgery again. I joined a Bariatric exercise class sponsered by my surgeon and hospital, it's great.

WTG Long! Wish I was losing like that! Life as I know it has been a real circus lately. I posted about it earlier, but in a nutshell, I am getting transferred to another office and have had to put my house on the market, pack up and get ready to move 200 miles. Last day of work here is tomorrow, then we load up the Uhaul thursday and drive off into the sunset (well actually its the other direction:tongue2:) on Friday. All that stress has taken a toll on me and I haven't been as focused as I should be and am opting for fast food lately (since most of my pantry is packed!) Haven't gained, but holding steady which is at least something. I am hoping that once I get settled, I can focus on making better choices and getting more exercise (as if carrying full boxes from here to there isn't hard work!)

I am trying to stay positive and think of the good things that will come of this...I will be closer to my doc and WL support group so I can participate in their activities. Its great your group has an exercise group. I will see if ours does. We are having a support group picnic in about 2 weeks with a half 5K walk and some other fun activities and I am looking forward to meeting some local lapbanders then.

and yea, Cathy, where are you???? lets hear how you are doing.:confused:

Strike...just want to wish you luck on your new move. Sounds like your life has been crazy lately. Hopefully, you will meet some new lapband buddies in your new city. Once you get you "stuff" moved and unpacked, things should settle down for you. Let us know how things are going for you. It's nice to have each other on LBT when things get crazy.

Strike, Good luck to you in your relocation. I think it's commendable that you have maintained with all the stress you are going through. On the positive side that's great you will be closer to your dr and support group!

Strike: God's Blessings to you on your move. I hope you sell your house really fast. You're going to do fine and yes, you will find a lot of new buddy bandsters.

Susan

Hey there Junies!! I read all the posts daily and love to hear how you are all doing. I am doing good. I keep hitting a wall the second week after a fill.. I lose like crazy the first week then bam I stop losing and actually gain a little lose a little it ends up being 0 loss the second week. So frustrating. I was excercizing but have stopped.. lack of motivation. Trying to hit the 60 pounds lost and it's like I just can't. UGGH>>> I am feeling great about myself though. I posted pics of myself before and after on my myspace and they are right next to each other and I am like wow what a difference.. I go on it all the time just to see how far I've come and not get discouraged. I have to admit something.. I constantly worry that my port will flip or I will stop losing weight or the band will slip. My hubby says I am freaking myself out and I agree. I am a nutcase.. I guess I just feel like all my other diets failed why would this work? It's crazy. Sorry about blabbering.. anyways I hope you all have a great week!! Good luck on your move strike! xoxo