Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apples, I am so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are doing well. It must have been tough not being able to take pain meds. I think you're right, it's not a good idea for you to lift anything anymore. Your muscles obviously don't like it when you do. :-). Here's hoping each day gets better and is less painful

Susan

Apples, I am so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are doing well. It must have been tough not being able to take pain meds. I think you're right, it's not a good idea for you to lift anything anymore. Your muscles obviously don't like it when you do. :-). Here's hoping each day gets better and is less painful

Susan

Thanks Susan. I do really take good care of my body. I guess with living on a farm a person kind of forgets about how much they are lifting every day. I will be make an effort to be more aware. Do not want to go through any more hernia surgeries. :)

Apples, I hear you, it is hard when you have a farm and your job necessitates you to lift. Just be careful you're to precious to be hurt.

Susan

Apples, I hear you, it is hard when you have a farm and your job necessitates you to lift. Just be careful you're to precious to be hurt.

Susan

How sweet!

Hi all! It's been quite a long time since I checked in. Nice to hear so many of you are doing so well. I've had 4 fills so far and still not there yet. Still have the hunger pains and very little restriction. I have 5.5 ccs and my doctor said with the 10cc band most of his patients get to their sweet spot with 7ccs. So with not having the restriction, the weight is coming off a lot slower now. Only lost 5 pounds this past month. However, the clothes are getting looser and looser. Down 3 sizes and could probably go down one more. So obviously all that exercising is paying off. Trying not to focus on that number on the scale and focusing more on the clothes sizes and how I physically feel. Everyone keep up the good work and you should all be proud of yourselves. :)

vzghj3

I think you are right where you should be. I was banded on 6/6 and I've lost 37 lbs also. Remember, we won't lose as fast as the bypass people. You're doing great,keep up the good work kiddo.

It's a busy day! Just wanted to pop in here and say HI!

I go to the doc tomorrow and will get my 4th fill!;)

I hope this one gets me to the "sweet spot":closedeyes:

I have set a goal of 30 lbs by New year! :laugh:

Apples, glad you are doing well after surgery!

Living and Long and vzghj and iteachurkid and gina and dino! Everyone! you are all wonderful support! :cool2:

Now! Where is everyone else! :eek:

Well I didn't hit 70 yesterday morning but I did hit 69 1/2 lbs gone forever!! I have a mini goal of 75 by the end of the month. My last fill seemed to get me at a good spot. So I hope that's it for awhile. I seem to have had lots of fills and am at 5 fills and 10cc's in my 14cc band.

Just found out yesterday my folks are coming for a visit next week. Should be interesting. They have no idea I have had weight loss surgery nor that I have lost any weight. Am anxious to see what they say, but nervous at the same time. There's a reason I haven't said yet as Mom is very negative, but she won't have much to be down on when she sees me I hope. I also wanted to sortta surprise them with the change.

Apples, glad the surgery went well, hope the pain is better each day.

Cathy, good look with that fill!!

Strike, how's the new locale going for you??

It's been nice seeing folks checking in lately. Just think at the holidays we will be banded a whole half a year already!

Hi gang,

The move is over and we are slowly getting settled. Theres still a lot of renovation, repairs and unpacking to do so its been keeping me busy. Due to the fridge not working, we have been eating meals out quite a bit which hasn't helped with the weight loss (but I didn't gain!). We got a new fridge delivered yesterday so its time to stay home and cook healthy.

I had another .5cc this last tuesday and am feeling restriction after just a few bites. Can't even eat a whole scrambled egg anymore! Good restriction in the morning and so far its lasting all day but I do get hungry in the evening.

This weekend my WL support group is having a reunion/picnic and I am eager to go meet some local banders. I really want to talk to others that have 'been there.' You guys give me more support than you will ever know and it will be icing on the cake (oops, sorry for the food reference!) to meet some in person.

Keep up the good work Junies!

Long....congrats...only .5# away from your goal. Isn't that the way it goes! You've done so well though. Good luck with the parents thing. They should be able to understand why you did this for yourself. They should be happy that you are being proactive with your health. Try not to be nervous about their visit. Just enjoy it.

Well, I was 4# from goal on Sunday but am up 7# since surgery. Not a big deal. I swear I look 8 months preggers! I'm in stretch pants for the first time in awhile. My pain is pretty extreme today. Can only get better each day. I have been up and about and walking most of the last two days. I figure I will sleep better at night if I don't lay around during the day.

Take care

Hey Strike...nice to hear from you. Hope you can bond with some of your group people. It would be a nice way for you to start fitting into your new community.

Your last fill sounds exactly like mine. I am satisfied all day long but get a little hungry in the evenings. I am going to get a small fill in a couple of weeks once my tummy is not so sore from my surgery.

I know your life is crazy right now with the move and everything but take some time for yourself. Good way to reduce stress.

Hi everyone. I have been hiding out because I didn't feel my weight loss was going too well. I have been eating healthy but not watching my portion sizes. My doctor will only put 1cc in per month so I began to feel like a failure because I am not losing anymore. I started at 324lbs in June 2008. I was stuck between 272 and 278 for the past month. I know it was my own fault because I can't stop snacking between meals. I only had 2cc's in a 10cc band so I really had no restriction after all the swelling went down. I finally talked my doctor into giving me 2cc's for my third fill , but he said he won’t do it again. So, now I have 4cc's in my band and I can really feel it now. It is a little confusing to know if I am at my sweet spot. I don't have the hungry feeling much anymore but I feel like I have something in my throat and chest area constantly. I don't want to tell my doctor because I don't want him to remove any of the fill. It's not a full or stuck feeling because I feel it even before I eat Breakfast, but it just feels like something is there. It doesn't hurt but it is just a little uncomfortable. I am happy to say that my numbers are going down again and this morning I weighed 269lbs. I cannot believe that I am smaller than I was in high school. All throughout high school I weighed around 289lbs. in a size 24. Even before I got pregnant I was around 278lbs. to 290lbs. I am 269lbs. and wearing a size 20. UNBELIEVABLE! I have never worn a size 20.

I didn't tell anyone about my surgery other than my parents and everyone asks me all the time what I am doing to lose this much weight. I feel so guilty telling them I am just eating healthy and exercising. I know I am not lying about that part but it just makes me sick to keep this secret from my family and friends. It feels like I have a secret life or something.

Greatly...it's your choice on who you want to tell or not tell about your surgery. I have not kept my surgery to myself but if someone comes up to me and I don't know them very well and they ask me how I have lost weight, I just tell them a lot of hard work and leave it at that.

Don't be discouraged by the amount of weight you have lost. You are doing great!

Long....congrats...only .5# away from your goal. Isn't that the way it goes! You've done so well though. Good luck with the parents thing. They should be able to understand why you did this for yourself. They should be happy that you are being proactive with your health. Try not to be nervous about their visit. Just enjoy it.

Well, I was 4# from goal on Sunday but am up 7# since surgery. Not a big deal. I swear I look 8 months preggers! I'm in stretch pants for the first time in awhile. My pain is pretty extreme today. Can only get better each day. I have been up and about and walking most of the last two days. I figure I will sleep better at night if I don't lay around during the day.

Take care

Oh I am a long way from my goal unless you meant my goal of hitting 70 lbs. But thanks! I am sure your gain is from swelling from surgery. Hope the pain subsides. You'll be at goal in no time! Can't believe you are that close after just getting banded in June!

Greatly, congrats on your success too. that's awesome progress when you haven't had much in fills.

Hey everyone! It is great to seeing everyone doing so well. I am still not at my sweet spot but I am working hard trying to push along the weight loss until I get to my sweet spot. I get another fill on Oct 6 and can't wait. I am hoping to hit it this time! I joined curves and I am doing alot of walking. Winter is almost here and before long I won't be able to walk outside or I'll freeze..lol.. I am ready to move to the south! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We are having my youngest daughter's sweet sixteen birthday bash tomorrow and expecting about 40 teenagers.. pray for me.. lol