Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Ya'll are sooo funny. Love the song lists. What a variety.

Great job on your run Kathy. Luluc good luck on your upcoming run. I'm hoping to run this coming Saturday too. Still on the fence.

Tootie you can't run on a fence. The only thing that happens on a fence is You get poked in the butt! Get up and run girl run!!!!!!!! 1 minute at a time, one foot in front of the other

Lyn... you crack me up! I almost spewed out my coffee as I read your post! I agree... tootie... go for it. There will probably be lots of people run/walking so go get your taste of the race, and believe me... it will hook you.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good morning ya'll!

Kathy how was your race this past weekend?

You may have already posted, but I'm usually not on the internet on the weekends - too busy with the kids, cleaning and out and about.

I hit the gym again this morning. Jeannie and I are starting back together with our workouts. We're going to aim to run again on Wednesday. We didn't today, but we did get some walking in - 20 minutes. I'm going back tonight to do the elliptical and possibly the Zumba class - my youngest wants to join me :-) in Zumba. That machine (elliptical) give me a great workout...

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yea Kathy!!! I went back and read this weekends posts and saw the pictures. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 5K is a little over a month - I am not ready, but I will be by then.

Hi Fanny! Welcome and congratulations on your run! It is so much easier for me with music and going outside. I think the treadmill bored me - and I also got stuck at week 4. Find your niche - what works for you. I love the way I feel after I run - there's nothing that beats it!

Renewed - I'm glad to hear ya'll had fun this past weekend! I took the kids to the mall and bought some books - I did pretty good staying on plan. I went jeans shopping Friday at lunch too....Did I mention I love Kohl's...I'm addicted to that place. I only bought one pair of jeans (16 Misses in Levi's) I'm so excited. I did buy two long sleeve shirts (L/XL) for fall - I only had 2x & 3x left in my closet - they are way too big! Gotta love NSV's.

Boy this is turning into a LONG post...LOL...I have to catch up though. Lyn - you are too funny - LOL...my music:

Shook Me - AC/DC

Gimmie Two Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Some Beach - Blake Shelton

Crazy - Aerosmith

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns & Roses

Jump - Van Halen

Doctor Feelgood - Motley Crue

Beautiful - Christina Agulerra

Bitch - Can't remember that girls name...LOL

Sweet Child of Mind - Guns & Roses

All Summer Long - Kidd Rock

Moulin Rogue - (collaboration - Pink, Christina, etc.)

Walk this Way - Aerosmith

Ironic - Alanis Morisette

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie

Mama said knock you out - LL Cool J

Umbrella - Rihanna

Fly - Sugar Ray

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cindy Lauper

Can you tell I like the 80's & 90's....some 70's music too!

Kathy - congratulations! I have my first run scheduled for October 18th and I'm so excited. Ya'll are hilarious with all this music, glad I'm not the only one. People look at me crazy when I pretend to sing and run at the same time.

Also, thought you all would appreciate this. I am waiting for my divorce to finalize and just started dating. I was shocked at how many runners I've attracted - woo hoo. So, I've decided my first date will always be a walk or run. Hehe. I don't expect everyone to be able to run but their willingness to try it out should be interesting.

Ok, here are my songs:

Piel Morena -Thalia (Spanish for warm up)

When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000

Crazy B**ch - Buck Cherry

So Happy - Theory of a Deadman

The Pretender - Foofighters

Hammerhead - The Offspring

Lit Up - Buck Cherry

When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000 (again to get me thru the end)

Amor a la Mexicana - Thalia (Spanish for cool down)

This gets me through 28 minutes of running - still trying to finish it out, but got up to 24 minutes on Saturday!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll are hilarious with all this music, glad I'm not the only one. People look at me crazy when I pretend to sing and run at the same time.

LOL - Me too - although I had to stop myself on the treadmill from singing outload - I got a lot of looks too at the gym, because I actually did not realising it. God may have gifted me with many things - voice is not one of them.

You're such a riot Lyn-thanks for the reaming. I needed that. I'll let you all know how I do at the race on Saturday. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it....

I forgot to tell yall the funniest, most emberrasing thing that happened to me this weekend. I told yall in an earlier post that DH bought me a tshirt that says, "Support Local Music, sleep with a Musician". He plays guitar an thought it was really cool. Well....Saturday I ran in the barbeque place to get some lunch to go. He and the boys waited in the car. The owner of the store kept looking at me. I was clueless. Then he said, "I play in a band." OMGosh my face turned so red. Then he said, "I play guitar and I sing lead. That oughta count for 2 shouldn't it!" I was so red. I told him that my husband bought me the shirt and got out of there as soon as I could. Wild thing is, he wasn't bad looking. I have not been hit on in YEARS!! I was so embarresed. When I got to the car I told DH. He was beeming proud. LOL He is so funny. I told him that I am never wearing the shirt again. He disagrees. Instead of being jealous, he is beeming proud. He just cracks me up. Gotta love a confident man!!

Hey guys,

I know I haven't been very "involved" in the thread. I'm going to be though...

I finished my first 5K yesterday. The official time was 49:03, thats a little slow though because I got stuck with the walkers. Lets just say there were some lessons learned yesterday. I would say I lost a good 2 minutes because of where I started.

I was really scared because my training hadn't progressed as far as I would have liked. I had only made it to Week 5, but I just did the best I could.

Its much different running on pavement and hills :cool2:

You're such a riot Lyn-thanks for the reaming. I needed that. I'll let you all know how I do at the race on Saturday. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it....

common' tootie , we'll do it - same day!!!

so a first for me, i ran 4miles straight.!. i've mentioned before i can either be easily distracted or LOST in my own world. today was the latter:tongue2:

hubby was w/our trainer and i wanted to run the 5k in prep for sat; so did a slow walk warm up and then started running, till i had a tap on my shoulder and DH's session was over:w00t:. i look down and i had run 4.1miles and did so for 45.17mins....YEAH ME!! LOL

DH wanted to get a 20min cardio gig in afterwards (he leaves for a 2wks business trip) - so i did the bike for that amt of time. the plan is to run on wed, and do weight training tues / thurs.....get my hair done on frid (cut/color)....LOL:wink:

nerves are starting to go away!!

renewed cute story - :cool2:

Sounds like you are ready, Luluc. Way to go on 4 miles. That is totally awesome. I took my birthday money and went shopping today. I got new running shoes, and they feel SOOOO good. I also got the nike+ipod sport kit. It is the thing you see some of the people on LBT doing challenges with. It tracks your runs. It tracks time, distance, speed, etc. It plugs into your ipod. I love it. I am just figuring out how to use it, but I really think I am going to like it. IF you are interested in reading about it go to Nikeplus.com. I know Whosya usees it. maybe he can give us some pointers.

I got new running shoes, and they feel SOOOO good. I also got the nike+ipod sport kit. It is the thing you see some of the people on LBT doing challenges with. It tracks your runs. It tracks time, distance, speed, etc. It plugs into your ipod. I love it. I am just figuring out how to use it, but I really think I am going to like it. IF you are interested in reading about it go to Nikeplus.com. I know Whosya usees it. maybe he can give us some pointers.

just went onto the site. that looks pretty neat - i'm married to a gadget "whore" & i might be able to maneuver this purchase here soon!!!:cool2:

everytime he goes overseas he feels the need to "buy" me something for the long time apart - while i'm left dealing w/contractors-plumber-electricians. got a new blackberry today (red:biggrin:). so i may have to wait a month or so....but i LIKE how this works , tracking & all!!

I am a confessed gadget ho" myself. You should see what I use to just run! i have My Iphone which houses my music on my upper arm (so cool) I have my Pulse watch on which has a strap that goes around my mid drift. Of course I would be caught dead withour my ear phones the cool one not the buds! I have my insoles in my special running shoes. I swear to God you would think I was on a mission to run to California. Fortunately, I do not take myself serious and enjoy laughing at me.

My pulse thingy tracks my distance, heart rate, ZONES, calories burned, amount of time. And lot of other stuff. it is also nice because it stores it so you can see weekly comparisons.

Kathy, are you ready for the interview Wednesday!! I am excited for mine.

Good luck Saturday 5k runners.

I have run club in the AM. I think I told you last time I increased my speed -very proud of that. (PS I did not die as I predicted I would)

I have still not last only more weight :cool2:- My ajustment is scheduled for Thursday. I did try to increase my calories, then I paniced and went back to 800-1000.