Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I ran this morning! I got to the Y (still dark) and ran outside for 30 minutes. Ended up running 5 min intervals with walking in between. Also got in the eliptical and bycicle. I feel so good this morning...I didn't realise how much I missed my exercise until now...the afterglow :-)

Getting in my morning coffee and ready to start the day. TGIF! I'm ready for the weekend.

You are doing great Lyn!! Way to go on the size 10.

Leslie, It is so good to see you moving again. I can "hear" your enthusiasm in your posts.

We stayed up late claning the camper last night. This morning I am finishing laundry and getting things packed. DH took the camper with him to work and will head out to the land when he gets off. He loaded the 4 wheelers and attached the trainler to my Expidition, so I think we are just about ready to go. I don't have internet in the woods, so I won't be on from this evening until Sunday afternoon. Yall don't have too much fun without me!! I probably won't do any "organized" running over the weekend, just lots of 4 wheeler riding. My best friend lives close to our land so we are going to spend some time with her on Saturday. I know yall probably didn't need my agenda for the weekend. I am just so excited to get out and have fun. It should be a beautiful weekend!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm going to repeat it...

:tongue2:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you! And many more......

Have a great weekend girl! Relax, Have Fun and make a few laps (on the four-wheeler) for me!

Renewed~ Happy Birthday girl!! Hope you have a wonderful day and wonderful weekend camping.

Leslie~ Glad to hear you are moving again!

Lyn~ The run club sounds great!! Size 10 is great too!! I can't wait to get there.

Renewed... Happy Birthday Girl!!! Hope you have a great weekend celebrating. BTW, everytime you talk about 4-wheeling... I have a vivid image of you on your 4-wheeler, wearing... well you know! LOL

Leslie... Yeah, congrats on getting back to running!

Georgia... Love the new photo. Such an amazing transformation from a year ago!

Lyn... Size 10! OMG, didn't you just get banded! Congrats!

I picked up my race kit and t-shirt! I'm wearing #400 on my race bib, and am so psyched for the race!

Just finished my run. I was able to do 18 minutes, but barely. My phone (which is like an ipod) stopped working for like 6 minutes. I was fumbling around on the treadmill (while running - it wasn't pretty) trying to get it to work. It's hard to run without music. I'm sure it's in my head mostly, but still. I finally got it working again but it just threw me off. My plan was to try for 20 minutes, but it wasn't happening today. Maybe Sunday...

Bees Are Gone!!! Yeah! The exterminator guy said it was the worst hive he's ever seen. There were about 700 wasps in 4 hives. He said that if we had waited another week, it would have doubled or more in size as the larva was starting to hatch. They had found a small opening under our fireplace just above the foundation and built hives in the insulation around the floor joists.

He took it out and when we were outside I looked at it and took a couple of pictures so my DH could see it... nasty. Now all we have to do is replace the insulation and seal up the hole. I'm so glad we called these guys. It takes guts to do that job, and I could tell this guy was a bit concerned at a couple of points.

Ok, I know this has nothing to do with running... but I had to share! I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing its been taken care of!!

kathy - back in june we had 80lbs of honey removed from our pool house roof. DH and i had been out in the field w/the dogs and noticed bees flying in & out of the eaves. called our exterminator & they had to call bee keepers. it was a trip watching them removes "sheets" of honey. i had them save me some...LOL got the jar; afraid to open:laugh: -

good luck on the run tomorrow.

renewed happy bday!

me - bad runner. still have cement shoes:tongue2:

We have lots of mud dobbers nest around the house. I get them every year. I love taking them apart - you should see what they put in there. Lots of bug carcuses.

By the way size 10 pants and skirsts, size 12/14 top. I have big girls. I do carry my weight well. I am very muscluar -which helps.

I just ate pizza - what is wrong with me! I try so hard and then sabotage myself I get my new fill next wekk I hope it helps. But so much is in my head.

I will run extra hard in the morning - but darn it makes me mad.

I started the Couch to 5K today and if I didn't have to quit to go to the beauty shop I would have made it. I only had a few more minutes. It really stretched me, but I can see how fun this is gonna be. I'm looking forward to building my endurance with this program. I'm a little sore in my hips and legs. I actually broke a sweat and it takes alot for me to sweat. Body pump also makes me sweat. I will get back into the Water next week in addition to the Couch to 5K. I will also get my first band adjustment on Monday so I am about to be skinny-mini-me. I'll check back next week when I continue week 1 day 2. Until then...everyone enjoy your weekend.

Kathy what a great link. I registered online and was able to map out a route in my neighborhood. Now I know exactly how far I'm going before I leave out the house. I did my first 25 minute run yesterday. What an awesome feeling. I wanted to quit at least twice but I kept telling myself that the girls on-line have all done it and they survived so I probably can do it too. I must admit that music is everything. I found myself dragging my pace when I had a slow balad song on. I need to organize my music to all up beat songs when I'm into the run.

Tootie... congrats on the 25 min. You are well on your way to the 5k! I agree, music is everything. I run slow, so the slower songs are fine as long as they are uplifting or have a good beat to them. Here's my run mix for my race:

Mustang Sally - The Commitments

Mama I'm Coming Home - Ozzy

I can't stand the Rain - The Commitments

Space Oddity - David Bowie

Bad Moon Rising - CCR

Dreamer - Ozzy

Destination anywhere - The commitments

Changes - David Bowie

I heard it through the Grapevine - CCR

Eye of the Tiger (Rocky Song)

As you can tell, I like soul and old rock.

Congrats Tootie! Great job!! I am going to shoot for 20 minutes tomorrow, so ya'll keep your fingers crossed...

Great songs Kathy! I love Mustang Sally! It's my dad's favorite song and I used to hear it all the time. My collection is pretty eclectic. I love all kinds of music.

Warm up and cool down songs

Bubbly~ by Colbie Caillat

Linger~ by The Cranberries

Better than Me~ by Hinder (love this song)

Unwritten~ by Natasha Bedingfield

Umbrella~ by Rhianna

Teardrops on my Guitar~ by Taylor Swift

Running Songs

Rumors~ by Lindsay Lohan (okay, please don't thing I'm a freak...it has a good beat, lol)

See You Again~ by Miley Cyrus (this is a good one)

Cotton Eye Joe~ By Rednex

Me Love~ by Sean Kingston

Our Song~ by Taylor Swift

Low~ by FloRida

Beautifuls Girls~ by JoJo

Dreams~ by The Cranberries

How Far We've Come~ by Matchbox Twenty

Whoohoo!! I've finally joined you! There's no way I'm reading all 1300 posts, so I'm not sure if this thread is still on the Couch-to-5K topic, but I'm posting anyway :lol:.

I've had several attempts at starting this program but always fallen back to just walking again, after a couple of tries. The first time was in the early months after banding, when I was still very heavy and even trying just one or two 60 second jogs (after warmup) pulled muscles and hurt all my joints. The second attempt to start the program was a few months later and several kilos lighter. It didn't hurt as much but I was so wiped out after just a couple of 60 second jogs that I couldn't even finish my 30 minutes walk on the treadmill. I decided to leave it until I felt a little more fit and went back to the walking.

A couple of weeks ago, I felt ready to give it another try. The first week was hard, and I only managed about 10 of the required 20 minutes in the 60/90 second jogging/walking pattern. The second week was easier and I did my full 20 minutes, with 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down. This week, I switched to a 60/60 pattern and at the end of it was elated to discover that I really COULD do it! I felt ready to move up to the Week 3 pattern and came here to check on the numbers, only to discover that my 60/60 pattern isn't in the program. I'll give the 90/120 pattern a try tonight, but I think I'm ready to do 90/60!! I can't believe I can really do this!! Whoohoo!!

Does anyone think the exact numbers really matter, as long as you are progressing up in increments?